Housemate swap between BB Finland 6 and CBB Slovenia 1

Keskustelua asukasvaihdosta suomeksi / Discussion in English about the housemate swap.
Mortimer
Läyhääjä

Re: Housemate swap between BB Finland 6 and CBB Slovenia 1

Viesti Kirjoittaja Mortimer » 07 Marras 2010 20:58

Good evening Slovenian people,

I'd like to know does this chauvism in your BB house reflect the real situation in your country, are women considered less worthy than men?

I quote Brutal Gentleman's text of the observations Niko made in that house: "Men and women seemed to have separate jobs and duties; men were considered men, women were "only women" (There was lack of equality he's used to in the Finnish Big Brother house; he even mentions no woman has ever won Big Brother Slovenia.) "

Is this happening only in the BB house or is this a bigger social conflict in your country?

Just interested to know.
Maybe next time

bbslo
Häädetty

Viesti Kirjoittaja bbslo » 07 Marras 2010 21:26

I would say no. They did not win Big Brother, but have won other reality shows. Reality show the Farm - Kmetija was won by a woman two seasons (one season was even won by 60 year old women).

Big Brother is not everything and they need to select unusual (eccentric) people, so there is something to talk about.

I must admit that I was a bit surprised in Helsinki, that women drive so many busses and trams. We have woman drivers here, but not so many.

On this years local elections, we have got the first black mayor.

kaja_slo
Kesä-Esa

Viesti Kirjoittaja kaja_slo » 07 Marras 2010 21:36

Mortimer kirjoitti:Good evening Slovenian people,

I'd like to know does this chauvism in your BB house reflect the real situation in your country, are women considered less worthy than men?
Is this happening only in the BB house or is this a bigger social conflict in your country?

Just interested to know.

This is not the real picture of Slovenian society. In fact men and women are equal like in your country. No bigger conflict . We had women in politics and on other positions which were in the past considered as man positions.

The fact is that those so called celebrities have ego trips in the show.

Mortimer
Läyhääjä

Viesti Kirjoittaja Mortimer » 07 Marras 2010 21:55

Thank you for your answers, bbslo and kaja_slo. 8)

Nice to hear this. Too bad that there wasn't some stubborn woman in that house to give good resistance to that Igor (he is the most chauvinist, if I understood right), well, if we would have sent Elisabet there, Igor might have been in deep troubles... :mrgreen:

(Elisabet is known for her fiery temperament, won't take no shit from anyone, going too far on this.)

Good that you told this, some people might have thought in their minds otherwise, so now we can, again, see more of the big picture, so to speak.
Maybe next time

bbslo
Häädetty

Viesti Kirjoittaja bbslo » 07 Marras 2010 22:22

It may sound weird, but I think Igor is right. Nana is a big troublemaker, she is constantly talking bad things about other housemates. Each meal Igor prepared she complained, but she did not cook anything.

Now that there is a shortage of cigaretes, Nana is unbearable - she is acusing Maki of being selfish, because he refuses to give her more cigaretes. She even tried to persuade Niko to steal Maki's cigaretes (Niko refused and went to ask Maki). Maki gave her cigaretes several times, but she still wants more, again talking behind his back. She talked about her depression problems, how she visits a shrink. She takes a lot of tablets. One day she took wrong dosage and was dizzy all day.

Currently Urška's ex husband is a guest in BB and talking about Nana's lies in the book. Urška's lawyer asked Nana to not publish the book, but she went ahead and published it. She is bragging in the house how many books she sold. Nana asked for 20.000 EUR to not publish the book.

kaja_slo
Kesä-Esa

Viesti Kirjoittaja kaja_slo » 07 Marras 2010 22:42

I have to agree with every word bbslo wrote.

BrutalGentleman
Isoveli

Viesti Kirjoittaja BrutalGentleman » 07 Marras 2010 23:21

I just posted the full transcripts/translations of the housemate interviews (all five sessions) during this Sunday's eviction show in the BB Finland 6 live thread. There are some questions to the housemates about Sandra in there as well as questions to Niko about his exchange trip.

You might also want to see Sandra's interview (in English) in today's "BB Extra". It is available for free viewing here.

Mortimer
Läyhääjä

Viesti Kirjoittaja Mortimer » 08 Marras 2010 00:42

bbslo kirjoitti: ...Igor... Nana...
Maybe Nana has effected on Igor's opinion about women, sounds like that. :D

Quite a pair obviously.

Who would you like to win BB?
Maybe next time

Swoon
Pääohjaaja

Viesti Kirjoittaja Swoon » 08 Marras 2010 01:27

Mortimer kirjoitti:Good evening Slovenian people,

Here in Finland we're going to have another homophobic/sexist male winner in a row, perhaps. Aso last year, and now Petri with more and more popularity each day. Quite annoying that finnish peeps here are trying to convince our slovenian friends (and yes, I have been in Slovenia, and the gender inequality was what I noticed aswell) that in Finland women are considered as precious as men. That's not true, at all. There is always a female housemate who is the target of a witch hunt here year after year, also.

BrutalGentleman
Isoveli

Viesti Kirjoittaja BrutalGentleman » 08 Marras 2010 06:57

I haven't seen much discussion on what has been the Slovenian reaction to Sandra believing all the lies fabricated by her Finnish housemates and failing to recognize them as bullshit.

I would be interested in knowing how does the Slovenian audience view Sandra now? Do you ridicule her for not having been being able to recognize the scam right away or is she seen as a victim of circumstances? Do you feel pity or anger for her having had to endure that kind of a 'mindfuck' and disappointment or are you now gleaming with schadenfreude for her believing any of it all?

In what light was Sandra's trip represented in the 'official' BB Slavnih broadcasts and news? How has the independent press in your country reacted to any of this (or has it)?

In any case, if her departure interview is to be believed (and despite she was fooled and had to endure a big disappointment), Sandra appears to see the exchange ultimately in positive light - primarily because of the connection she felt with the Finnish housemates and the different atmosphere and "chemistry" of the BBF6 house.

kaja_slo
Kesä-Esa

Viesti Kirjoittaja kaja_slo » 08 Marras 2010 11:16

No, we know that she is naive and that she believes everything. No anger at all at audience, it's just a game.

After Sandra came back from Finland she was represented as a very good representative of Slovenia. She got a big aplause in the studio. She was really the only one among HMs that could take this task - any other HM would be a disaster. There aren't any news about her on other media - POP TV is a commercial TV and only there you can find articles about her.
She is totally fascinated with finnish housemates. They really left very good impresion on her - they're just so different from our HMs.
I think that the reason for that is that yours are all in their twentees and ours are from twentees to fourties. Other thing is that ours are so called celebrities and yours are common people - except Niko and Nino.
There isn't any chemistry between our HMs. :(

All in all - Sandra did a great job and we can only applaud her.

Evalds
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja Evalds » 08 Marras 2010 12:21

Sandra was great indeed! :thumbsup

BrutalGentleman
Isoveli

Viesti Kirjoittaja BrutalGentleman » 08 Marras 2010 12:43

kaja_slo kirjoitti:After Sandra came back from Finland she was represented as a very good representative of Slovenia. She got a big aplause in the studio.
That's so nice to hear. I was thinking in the worst case she might get bad rap in the local yellow press or gossip magazines for being "too gullible" or "ignorant", or whatever. Our housemates really loved her, and she had this special connection with Elisabet.

Gulak
Tapetti

Viesti Kirjoittaja Gulak » 08 Marras 2010 15:03

Hmm, why my message was deleted? I just wanted to know what the girls told about Niko to Sandra?

Gulak
Tapetti

Viesti Kirjoittaja Gulak » 08 Marras 2010 15:42

[juuso] kirjoitti:^ It has just been moved. http://bbplaza.net/forum/viewtopic.php? ... 30#p391330
Ah ok, I see. The other thread looks a bit dead though.

kitek
Peitonheiluttaja

Viesti Kirjoittaja kitek » 08 Marras 2010 19:01

Igor, Zlatko and Cinc are nominated for eviction this week.
Sandra is safe for another week... I hope she stays to the end. :)

Kuva

sandman
Isä Pernoo

Viesti Kirjoittaja sandman » 08 Marras 2010 21:35

Swoon kirjoitti: Here in Finland we're going to have another homophobic/sexist male winner in a row, perhaps. Aso last year, and now Petri with more and more popularity each day. Quite annoying that finnish peeps here are trying to convince our slovenian friends (and yes, I have been in Slovenia, and the gender inequality was what I noticed aswell) that in Finland women are considered as precious as men. That's not true, at all. There is always a female housemate who is the target of a witch hunt here year after year, also.
How can you say that Petri is a sexist, definitely he want a sex (with a woman) but it isn't a same thing than 'sexist' - Petri was very much a Satu's (woman) blind follower, how sovinist can do something like that :?

I think that Aso, Aki and Habib had some problems with women, but they're not actually from finnish culture 100%. Aso and Habib are muslims and Aki is an african. And i am not a racist, i can assure that.

When Niko entered the Slovenian big brother house i noticed immediately that there is a obvious gender dividing - There has never been same kind of atmosphere (men vs women) in the Finnish big brother house i think.

kaja_slo
Kesä-Esa

Viesti Kirjoittaja kaja_slo » 08 Marras 2010 21:55

sandman kirjoitti:
Swoon kirjoitti: When Niko entered the Slovenian big brother house i noticed immediately that there is a obvious gender dividing - There has never been same kind of atmosphere (men vs women) in the Finnish big brother house i think.
Nana and Ines are guilty for that. They were deliberately saying bad things about men and they made that atmospfere. When Nana left, the situation changed for 180 degrees. Today they were acting like a group, no sign of dividing.

Devilish
Nevahööd

Viesti Kirjoittaja Devilish » 08 Marras 2010 22:35

Zlatko wasn't really on any side.. Nana, Ines & Igor with his horrible acting towards the girls in the house are the main causes why it was like that. Nana is gone, it's a bit better now but i wonder for how long.

BrutalGentleman
Isoveli

Viesti Kirjoittaja BrutalGentleman » 09 Marras 2010 02:52

kaja_slo kirjoitti:There aren't any news about her (Sandra) on other media - POP TV is a commercial TV and only there you can find articles about her.
That's interesting. We have at least two tabloids (Iltalehti, Ilta-sanomat) and one trashy gossip magazine (Seiska) actively following BB. There are also some other media doing the same, such as Stara.fi and The Voice.

Instead of mere "news" articles, they also have bloggers following BB and writing opinion pieces about the events.

BB is no longer as big a thing as it once used to be, though. The hype has worn off a bit over the years. While those tabloids and gossip magazines still have separate BB sections on their websites, events going on in the BB house are no longer front-page entertainment news like they were during some earlier seasons. (People started growing kind of tired of that: it was getting ridiculous - "BB" here and "BB" there - and it was irritating especially for those who didn't watch the show at all and didn't want to watch it... and the later seasons have been worse than the early ones, anyway.)

But I'd image if we had a celebrity BB here and if some of the local celebs (even a small celeb only, as long as he or she is generally known in the country) went to another country on BB exchange, many more magazines than just those actively following BB would publish a small story or two about the trip in their entertainment section.

Vastaa Viestiin

Palaa sivulle “Asukasvaihto / Housemate swap”