Big Brother Finland 6 LIVE

Keskustelua asukasvaihdosta suomeksi / Discussion in English about the housemate swap.
BrutalGentleman
Isoveli

Re: Big Brother Finland 6 LIVE

Viesti Kirjoittaja BrutalGentleman » 01 Marras 2010 23:34

23:12 The housemates are lying on the beds in the bedroom. Sandra is passing around a bottle of Victoria's Secret product; a body cream of some sort. The Finnish housemates wonder why there's a patch of black adhesive tape over the brand label.

Sandra explains to them the rules of the Slovenian BB do not allow visible brand labels; for instance, the production didn't allow her to use her "Hello Kitty" pajamas, and she had to buy all new clothes for the show with no visible branding.

23:19 The Finnish housemates ask what kind of relationship Sandra has with the other Slovenian HMs.

Sandra: "I like everybody. I know they like me, you know, I feel it... but... eh... I don't know. I don't think they're jealous. They were sad when they thought I was going home."

She explains she didn't participate in the show for the money. It was more for the experience and for a psychological challenge she had set for herself. She doesn't want to just give up and walk out but to stay for as long as they let her.

Sandra: "Whenever my time comes, I'll go."

23:26 Sandra is telling the Finnish HMs she's a bit embarrassed because the BB production back in Slovenia and the other housemates make such a big deal about her being single. She's sure she'll have to answer questions about that again when he goes back to her house.

BrutalGentleman
Isoveli

Viesti Kirjoittaja BrutalGentleman » 01 Marras 2010 23:57

23:37 "Finlandia" - the supposed lullaby of the Finnish housemates - is playing over the house PA system again.

Sandra: "This is a very long song. Is it important to you?"

Eetu and Sandra are having a conversation about Eetu's English. Eetu admits to Sandra he's ashamed of his "shit English". He understands everything Sandra says but feels uncomfortable speaking the language, especially when he compares himself to Marika who speaks English so fluently and effortlessly. Sandra encourages him to try.

Eetu says his greatest fear is they would be somewhere alone and Sandra would try to talk to him and the only thing he could say was "Yes... yes...". Eetu also says he's at the times blushing over his incompetence in speaking English. The housemates crack up because of the way how he explains all these things. "Poor Eetu." There's lot of laughter throughout the discussion and Sandra is saying all kinds nice things to Eetu, trying to encourage him to speak more.

BrutalGentleman
Isoveli

Viesti Kirjoittaja BrutalGentleman » 02 Marras 2010 00:20

0:12 Sandra had a smoke outside, accompanied by Marika and Jani, but just returned to the bedroom. Meanwhile, the other housemates (Eetu, Elli-Maija, Noora and Petri) have been discussing what is the average length of a male member.

0:15 The Finnish housemates have asked Sandra to sing something. She's singing little excerpts from various popular songs. "Every Breath You Take", "My Heart Will Go On" etc. She even raps a little bit.

Marika: "Oh my God, that's so beautiful!"

Petri asks her to sing one of her own songs. She agrees to sing "a little mix" of songs.

BrutalGentleman
Isoveli

Viesti Kirjoittaja BrutalGentleman » 02 Marras 2010 08:52

0:26 The concert has gone on for some time now. The last song Sandra sings is O-town's "I swear".

0:29 Eetu wishes "I believe I can fly". Sandra agrees to do an encore.

0:40 Housemates are teasing Eetu and Elli-Maija, who are sleeping next to each other. The couple has showed some signs of being interested in one other: Eetu has given Elli-Maija a curious backrub and they have even previously slept in a close embrace despite the fact that Elli-Maija has a boyfriend in the outside world. It seems they are going to be sleeping in a close embrace tonight as well.

(Last night, Elli-Maija actually cried alone in the bathroom and later continued sobbing in the confession room that she feels bad about the way how Eetu is now "crazy about Sandra" and can't stand it if Eetu decides to move to sleep next to someone else than her. On the other hand Elli-Maija said she has not fallen in love with Eetu or anything like that, and denied actually being jealous, or even being physically interested in Eetu, and she thinks Sandra is a lovely person. :? The other housemates - including Eetu and Sandra - are not aware of Elli-Maija feeling that way about Eetu, of course: only the viewers who saw the confession room clip head that outburst.)

0:43 Eetu promised he will sing something to Sandra in the morning. Petri makes a similar promise about tomorrow night. Other housemates ask him to sing right now but he wants to leave that for tomorrow.

0:47 The housemates wish good night to each other and start sleeping. Or not: Elisabet still wants to tell the others that Nino had startled her last night by talking something incomprehensible in his sleep, and her blanket was partially under Nino and she couldn't pull it free.

0:49 The housemates go silent at last.

5:02 The smoke alarm went off and started bleeping loudly in the ceiling of the bedroom. Everyone wakes up. There's no visible smoke or fire in any of the cameras. Someone turns on the lights. Marika is standing on the bed and trying to shut off the bleeping alarm, Petri is barking her orders and instructions, but she isn't tall enough and can't reach it. Petri has no choice but to get up and do it himself. The bleeping alarm sound is no longer active, people are back to their beds, and the lights in the bedroom go off. The entire incident took probably less than a minute.

Sandra: (in the dark) "What was that all about? o_O"
Petri: (with a tired, laconic voice, as if explaining something quite obvious to an dim-witted idiot) "It was fire alarm." (longish pause) "Without fire."

5:10 Elli-Maija is rolling in her bed, trying to find a closer position to Eetu without yet quite crawling over him. (She's been doing this all night.)

5:12 The smoke alarm goes off again, bleeping just as loudly as the last time, and the lights in the bedroom are switched on.

Noora: "Goddamnit!"

Petri gets up, reaches for the ceiling and shuts off the alarm. Marika starts speculating maybe this is intentional and they should do something... but they haven't been given any special fire drill instructions.

Petri is tired and irritated and would just want to sleep and doesn't approve of Marika's babbling:

Petri: (with a sarcastic sing-song voice) "Marika, you should just go to the confession room and ask what's going on... you seem to be so very interested in the topic!"

Big Brother: "This is Big Brother. Petri, would you report to the confession room."

Petri: "Fuck it! This can't fucking be real!"

Petri gets up and heads off to the confession room. There's some snickering in the background.

5:17 Petri returns from the confession room and heads straight back to bed, without saying a word. "You can't be serious! Aren't we going to do anything about it?" asks Noora. Petri says it's not going to go off any more. Noora is doubtful: "That's a promise?" Petri: "No promises." Noora: "This night is going to suck!"

5:20 The smoke alarm goes off once again. Lights are switched on, Petri takes care of disarming the malfunctioning thing.

"That fucking piece of shit is on its way out now", Petri announces. He goes to fetch a ladder.

Elisabet: "What the fuck is going on here again?"

5:21 Petri has climbed on the ladder, reaching the ceiling and trying to dislodge the alarm. Noora advises him he should grab the device and twist it which will unlock it from the ceiling. Petri isn't too successful. He says Noora can do it herself, as she seems to be so knowledgeable. Noora climbs up the ladder and removes the device from the ceiling effortlessly.

The girls are giggling. Petri mumbles something and carries the ladder out of the bedroom.

5:24 Nino bursts into a loud laughter and speculates Marika would have wanted to subject them all to some insane fire drill, driving them outside to the yard where they would have to keep standing for an indefinite time, shivering from the cold. "No I wouldn't!" laughs Marika. Nino goes to visit the bathroom.

5:25 Nino is back from the bathroom. Lights are switched off.

BrutalGentleman
Isoveli

Viesti Kirjoittaja BrutalGentleman » 02 Marras 2010 15:59

9:35 Big Brother: "This is Big Brother. Good morning!"

Eetu is the first to take a shower. The other housemates are speaking quietly about the irritating smoke alarms during the night, still lying under their duvets, looking tired.

Sandra is already spontaneously singing a bit, like she apparently does in her own BB house as well.

Sandra sees Petri's morning face. (Smiling) "Are we in a bad mood?" Petri doesn't quite understand the question, the other housemates help him out. His answer is a short but resounding "No."

Noora is reminiscing about her being able to remove the smoke alarm from the ceiling while Petri couldn't. "There you go again. Men are no good for anything!"

The DC2 director seems to be interested in Eetu's naked ass.

9:44 Sandra is experiencing the morning routine in the Big Brother Finland house for a second morning in the row. At the moment, she's standing before a mirror in the bathroom while Eetu is naked in the running shower, Elli-Maija is soaking in the bathtub and Elisabet is sitting on the toilet seat with her pants down her knees and wearing a beanie on her head. Sandra is waiting to get her turn in taking a shower.

9:51 Sandra has now changed into bikinis and is taking a shower.

9:55 The patio door is open, Petri and Jani head to the smoking area for their morning smokes.

Jani T: "So what do you think about our exchange housemate?"

Petri says she's nice. Jani says "Yeah, she's really nice but..." we never hear the rest of his sentence as Elisabet just walks in and starts talking.

They're talking about the unexpected smoke alarms during last night. They have some hearty laughs about Marika's suggestion the alarms could actually be some sort of a fire evacuation task or test for them, arranged by Big Brother.

10:02 Sandra is now standing in the middle of the bathroom. Marika and Elli-Maija are present as well. Petri pops his head in to check out whether the shower is occupied. However, Marika drives everyone out of the bathroom for a moment because she needs some privacy for her "number two".

BrutalGentleman
Isoveli

Viesti Kirjoittaja BrutalGentleman » 02 Marras 2010 16:41

10:04 Elisabet and Jani are at the smoking area and having a conversation about Sandra:

Elisabet: "You know, it just warms my heart so much when I think about all the various things she's been telling us, like on yesterday."

Elisabet is just sad that, because of the language barrier, her English skills being quite basic, she can't participate in the discussion and express her thoughts about the things Sandra is telling about the way she'd like during a conversation, even though she would have a lot to say.

Elisabet: "She's a lovely person, really lovely. I've never met anyone like her."

Jani, however, is a bit uneasy about all the singing and dancing in the morning Sandra has told is happening in the Slovenian BB house, and the talkativeness. He's not used to that, it's not for him, he couldn't stand that kind of life for a moment.

10:07 Jani leaves the smoking area and goes inside. He is immediately called to the confession room, probably to tell more about his feelings.

10:16 Nino, Elli-Maija, Eetu and Noora have gathered on the living room sofas. They see Jani T entering the confession room. Nino tells the others this morning Jani was complaining about the singing that was going on last night in the bedroom, "he can't take it anymore". "That's probably why they took him in the confession room, he was so agitated about it."

The girls find this surprising. If Jani would have wanted to sleep instead, he should have told them so.

10:19 Sandra is drying her hair with a hairdryer in the bathroom. Marika is taking a shower at the moment.. Elisabet is wrapped in a towel and has a wet hair so she probably just took one.

Back at the sofas Eetu doesn't know what the word "incest" means. It was Elli-Maija who had just been using the word, so she explains.

Petri comes up and teases the couple that he saw thy obviously slept under the same duvet last night, and there was surely some fishy business going on.

Elli-Maija answers him in a sing-song tone: "We're just a brother and a sister, we don't do no incest!" (Elli-Maija has been previously comparing her relationship with Eetu as that of a sister and a brother.)

Eetu is reminiscing about the restless discussion they had last night with Elli-Maija, Noora, Petri and Elisabet. The discussion had concerned the satisfactory circumference of the male member. At certain point, Elli-Maija had commented: "I have one tight pussy!"

They ask Elli-Maija about her boyfriend's "equipment":

Elli-Maija: "Well, I don't think there's a polite way to say this but... oh, I can't!" The others encourage her to carry on; she already started saying it so she should let it all out. Elli-Maija: "Well, let's just say we've examined these things and have come to the conclusion us both have fairly satisfactory 'equipment'".

Eetu wonders how can she know they're "satisfactory" if she has never had experience of anyone else's "equipment". (Elli-Maija's current boyfriend is her only one, and they've already been dating for over 5 years.)

10:28 Jani has been let out of the confession room and comes to the smoking area, joining Noora and Petri who are already sitting there. Noora asks him how is he feeling now.

Jani: "I have to say I'm quite pissed off at the moment."

Jani: "Dancing or singing in the mornings - that's something a really can't take, just can't."

Jani: "I was this close at losing it last night when the singing just went on and on. I was thinking that now, right at this moment, I'm going to take my pillow and blanket and storm off to the living room sofas to get some sleep!"

10:31 Elisabet and Sandra are in the kitchen, making some coffee. Sandra is not sure how to operate the buzzing coffeemaker, Elisabet helps her out. Sandra exchanges a few words with Petri and then both Sandra and Elisabet walk out to the patio and to the smoking place.

BrutalGentleman
Isoveli

Viesti Kirjoittaja BrutalGentleman » 02 Marras 2010 17:08

10:34 Once Sandra and Elisabet arrive at the smoking area, Jani gets quickly up and tells them he's going to take a shower.

10:37 Sandra wonders about not having had any dreams here even though she always remembers them the next morning in her own BB house. She thinks it must be the bed, the mattress is so good she sleeps better at nights.

Elisabet has some problems with her vocabulary (for example she doesn't know how to say "storage room" in English) but gets the conversation going with Sandra, nonetheless. They're talking about the weekly tasks and then about the length of their stays in their respective houses:

Sandra: "I feel like I've been here one week and it's only Tuesday"
Elisabet: "It's my day... 71."
Sandra: "71... God!"

Elisabet would like to go back inside but is uncomfortable with the thought of leaving Sandra alone. Sandra says it's OK, she could use some fresh air so she'll stay a while longer.

Elisabet leaves and Sandra is left alone in the quiet yard. She sighs and pulls her hair back, then decides to stretch her legs and back a bit. She then sits down again and lits a new cigarette.

10:44 Elisabet comes outside and enters the smoking area again. Petri joins them too. He tells Sandra they're going to have some good stuff to eat today. Sandra would like to know what but Petri says she'll see it then. The menu for the entire day is going to be great, that's why they're so fat in Finnish Big Brother, Petri says. Sandra is laughing at this comment.

Sandra has finished her cigarette so she leaves them and goes back inside.

Jason S.
Vastaava tuottaja

Viesti Kirjoittaja Jason S. » 02 Marras 2010 17:53

Are those clock-times right?

Zygerö
Tohtori

Viesti Kirjoittaja Zygerö » 02 Marras 2010 18:14

Jason S. kirjoitti:Are those clock-times right?
Why wouldn't they be?
"You mustn't fight the elephant. You mustn't fight anybody. War is a very silly way to behave you know." -Dr. Snuggles

BrutalGentleman
Isoveli

Viesti Kirjoittaja BrutalGentleman » 02 Marras 2010 18:15

They're backlog from earlier today. Basically condensed translations of the Finnish language daily live threads. (Previously, I've also posted reports originally written in English for this thread only.)

Qrkkija
Asukaskokelas

Viesti Kirjoittaja Qrkkija » 02 Marras 2010 18:53

Zygerö kirjoitti:
Why wouldn't they be?
I might mention this little too late since it is from sunday, but...
BrutalGentleman kirjoitti:20:55 Big Brother: "Five minutes to live broadcast."

20:03 Big Brother: "This is Big Brother. You're now on live broadcast."

20:10 The first connection to the house. Nino is asked what language will he speak to the exchange housemate as Nino doesn't speak any English, except a few phrases. "Pig Latin" says Nino.
Small mistake, hardly worth mentioning, but I'm bored :D
Anyways, you are doing very good job with reporting. I will raise my imaginary hat for you, BrutalGentleman.

BrutalGentleman
Isoveli

Viesti Kirjoittaja BrutalGentleman » 02 Marras 2010 21:00

Qrkkija kirjoitti:I might mention this little too late since it is from sunday, but... Small mistake, hardly worth mentioning, but I'm bored :D
Fixed now. Thanks for the heads-up... and compliment! :thumbsup

BrutalGentleman
Isoveli

Viesti Kirjoittaja BrutalGentleman » 02 Marras 2010 21:14

10:50 Back inside the house, Eetu is vacuum-cleaning and the girls are organizing their laundry. Sandra goes to bathroom and begins applying some make-up. Jani is also in the bathroom.

11:23 The housemates have prepared a breakfast table, but none of them has had the breakfast yet. Sandra is now sitting on a chair in the bathroom. Elisabet, who is a hairdresser by her former profession, is doing Sandra's hair.

Eetu and Petri have been singing excerpts of various songs. Sandra has complimented them on not being completely tone-deaf. Now they ask Sandra to sing something too. She happily agrees to this request, singing various pop songs. But she complains this traveling and everything has made her voice hoarse:

Sandra: (smiling) "My voice, it's terrible. It's ruined."

She's still singing, though, and the housemates sure don't hear anything wrong with her voice.

Petri is getting a bit emotional upon hearing Sandra's singing:

Eetu: (teasingly) "Petri is going to cry again!"
Petri: "No I'm not."
Eetu: "You are too, your eyes are all teary."
Elli-Maija: "You shouldn't have said that yet, now he's trying to hold it."

Petri suggests Finnish viewers are probably already watching Sandra's music videos on YouTube. Marika says Sandra will be famous in Finland: she needs to come here on a concert tour, and then she can see her former housemates again, too.

Sandra is smiling at the thought but thinks there's no way she'll get that much publicity from appearing in Big Brother Finland for a mere week. People will soon forget her. But she says she will come to Finland again.

Marika: "Is that a promise?"
Sandra: "It's a promise."

And the Finnish housemates will need to visit Slovenia.

11:42 Sandra is singing "We Are The World", Elisa is still doing her hair. Noora is called to the confession room.

11:47 Marika is having a chat with Eetu and Jani in the smoking area. The topic is their "Fake Finland" weekly task and some of the differences of opinion Marika and the rest of housemates have been having over it.

Marika has been wanting to make the weekly task perfect in every possible way. To this end, she has often wanted to revisit or renegotiate some small details of the presentations on the fly, or make her housemates practice things a bit more. The housemates have had a series of small arguments with Marika over this topic.

The problem with changing the details on the fly is that the housemates have already planned and prepared the "Fake Finland" presentations and props they are going to present to Sandra during the previous week, and they have announced them to Big Brother back then. So the details are now set in stone and they can no longer deviate from the plans. However, Marika seems to believe they still have some leeway in changing them if it would suit the task better.

The housemates generally feel Marika has good intentions and is a very open and emotional, kind-hearted person... but sometimes babbles on and on and on with a kind of fuzzy logic that is hard to follow. (The underlying thought may be clear and sound but the presentation isn't. The housemates tend to interrupt her a lot for this reason!) She is also not necessarily too good at following set rules, but instead often wants to bend them a bit. (She may sometimes appear to be rather stubborn about this even if told to do otherwise.) Chiefly for these two reasons, Marika has been nominated every week there have been ordinary nominations this season, but she has always survived the eviction night.

So, Marika is now talking to Eetu and Jani about how she has just wanted to make sure they succeed in their weekly task so there won't be any lapses, and maybe also to make all the little details perfect if some of them still can be made better. She knows she is a bit of a perfectionist and so on, but she has also felt a bit hurt about the way how the housemates have recently been treating her - shouting at her about various things.

Jani and Eetu maintain that the details pertaining to their "False Finland" presentations have already been submitted to Big Brother last week and are now non-negotiable. So that's why they have not been able to support Marika's ideas for enhancements. But Jani admits it has also been wrong for them to shout at her.

11:49 With that aside, the discussion moves on to the false image of Finland Sandra will receive during her stay in the Big Brother Finland house. When will she be let to know the truth? Will she feel bad and hurt about her Finnish housemates having lied to her all the time? They come to the conclusion that if they were in Sandra's position, they would be quite confused at first upon learning the truth, but would then probably just have a good laugh about the whole thing.

They also speculate whether they're being fooled themselves. Maybe Sandra actually knows Finnish and is able to understand everything they say? But this seems a bit too far-fetched scheme to them. Sandra would have to be a really good actor if she managed to keep a straight face throughout the whole ordeal while knowing the truth.

11:53 Marika: "Think about it guys; we thought the exchange housemate would be from some faraway country... but she was from Europe!" Marika is glad they didn't go for the craziest ideas they originally thought out while planning the presentations, they would have bombed the task. But Eetu reminds her that if the roles were reversed, we wouldn't know too many facts about Slovenia, either, so could be fooled just the same way.

Marika is wondering about just what kind of confession room sessions Sandra is having here in Big Brother Finland. Maybe she is sitting there on the yellow armchair, thoroughly confused, and pondering what the heck is going on in this country?

BrutalGentleman
Isoveli

Viesti Kirjoittaja BrutalGentleman » 02 Marras 2010 21:40

11:58 The housemates have begun eating the "Finnish breakfast", which once again includes the "traditional Finnish spoon-clinking ritual". Sandra is interested in knowing whether they actually do the ritual every time: don't the housemates ever forget it or just... don't bother doing it? She's being told that they actually do it every time. "Alone, too?" asks Sandra and gets a bit contradicting answers from the HMs but seems to accept them.

Sandra asks if they ever eat bread on breakfast in Finland. (The "Finnish breakfast" for this morning includes at least chocolate Swiss rolls and ice-cream. There's also whipped cream.) The housemates tell her ice-cream, or a similar sweet dessert is one of the staples of Finnish breakfasts; a Finnish breakfast is always sweet.

Nino wants to know what kind of sweet things they have in the BB Slavnih house. As Nino doesn't really speak English, Jani asks this question on his behalf. Sandra answers they need to earn all delicacies in the house.

Sandra is worried about forgetting the details of these "Finnish customs", there are so many of them she wants to have a refresher course on them.

The male housemates finish their breakfast with loud burps, as this is the "customary Finnish way" to express your gratitude for the meal. Or so the housemates claim.

12:10 Sandra is having a smoke in the smoking area with some of the housemates. She still has some questions.

Sandra: "So I thought maybe you started doing this in the house? But no? It's like this all over Finland?"

Sandra is being assured that that is indeed the case, these customs are followed all over Finland.

12:14 Sandra, Elisabet and Elli-Maija start singing "Heaven" by Bryan Adams. Their voices fit pretty well together.

Sandra: "You're very good! Your hearing is very good..." (By "hearing" Sandra means the ability to recognize the correct pitches and intervals and sing in tune.)

BrutalGentleman
Isoveli

Viesti Kirjoittaja BrutalGentleman » 02 Marras 2010 23:29

12:18 Sandra and Elisabet return to the house, leaving Elli-Maija and Jani in the smoking area. Jani takes this opportunity to restate his opinion about singing as the first activity in the morning: it's something he simply can't stand; he's not one bit musical person. Elli-Maija begins telling Jani about her musical hobbies...

12:20 Sandra is doing Noora's make-up in the living room. They're both sitting on pillows in the floor area between the TV screen and the sofas. Petri and Elisabet are sitting on the sofas while Eetu keeps dancing around the room and singing excerpts of different popular songs.

Eetu: (to Sandra) "Do you know Bruce Springsteen?"
Sandra: (looking up) "Yeah?"
Eetu: (singing) "Born in the USA! Born in the USA!"

12:28 Elisabet is thinking about all the housemates she has learned to know while in the house. "It's so weird, the way how you can get so attached to strange people in a such a short time... how does that even happen?" Nino says it's because they're doing everything together 24/7 all the time. You don't do that even with your closest friends. Elisabet is reminiscing about Satu, a former housemate whose eviction was the worst, most shocking thing she has experienced in the house.

12:49 Sandra teaches the housemates a new game which they start playing.

13:27 The storage room is now open. The housemates receive the props they need for today's presentations on False Finland. Sandra is putting on some lip gloss and sits on one of the sofas, applauding to the Finnish housemates in anticipation of the upcoming presentation.

14:00 The housemates have given Sandra a thorough presentation of the the legislative and political system of False Finland. In the presentation, the individual housemates play the role of the various governmental officials and bodies.

Finland is supposedly a monarchy, currently ruled by a queen who is called "Satu" (which actually the name an evicted housemate). "Queen Satu" is 40 years old and a single... as Sandra learns later on during the presentation. (Sandra is interested in knowing how the crown succession works in this case. I missed that explanation.)

Laws are enacted through a system whereby the proposal comes from the people (individual citizens or groups of citizens) and goes through various stages of approval (the parliament, the advisor to the prime minister, the prime minister, and finally the Queen.) Stamps are being applied to the proposal at each stage.

It turns out this version of "Finland" has only three political parties - created after certain geographical regions. Sandra is interested in various details of how the system works and asks a lot of intelligent questions. The housemates are trying to answer them to the best of their creative ablity.

The presentation is finally over, but in exchange for it, the housemates want to know how the Slovenian system works. Sandra tries to explain the system as well as she can. (On several occasions during the presentation, Sandra has indeed mentioned she's very interested in politics.)

14:10 Sandra is now in the smoking area with some of the Finnish housemates. They discuss the differences in the educational systems between Slovenia and "Finland".

Then Sandra asks about wages in Finland. The housemates explain that, basically, everyone gets the same pay regardless of the type of job. Sandra is amazed: doctors and hairdressers get the same pay? How can it be? Petri and Elisabet tell her with a straight face that this is indeed the case in Finland... it's the law. Don't things work the same way in Slovenia then? "No!" says Sandra. According to Petri and Elisabet, the pay starts at around 2000 euros per month, but you get bonuses by the number of your working years. Sandra: "That's a lot of money!" There are lots of intricate checks and balances in this system.

Sandra is very impressed about this "Finnish" system which allows everyone to choose the profession they want to according to their true ambitions and where poverty is practically eliminated.

Sandra: "Wow! Wow! Very good system, I like it."

Sandra thinks it's so heartbreaking when there are so many poor people in the world. She can't walk past without helping. But this system in Finland seems to do away with that.

The housemates remind her that Finland has very high living costs, too, so 2000 euros per month still isn't that much, in the end.

14:20 Sandra and the Finnish housemates are comparing the prices for common goods and services between their respective countries. The Finnish prices are a bit exaggerated and the Slovenian prices also evoke a strong reacting from the housemates.

14:40 Another presentation by the housemates is over. This one was about the law enforcement system in Finland.

Sandra learns there is no police force in "Finland": instead, the army also handles law enforcement. The penalties for breaking the laws are harsh, but on the bright side, there's not much crime. Littering or peeing on the street gets you jail time, rape a life in prison, murder a death penalty. (Yes, you probably didn't know Finland is one of the countries with a death penalty. "Death penalty is controversial in Finland, but we have it", says Marika. According to the housemates, executions are by a lethal injection.)

Sandra asks if kissing in public is permitted, then? The housemates laugh heartily at the question: "Of course they are!" and explain to her Finland may be strict about neatness and tidiness but very liberal as regards to kissing, sexual minorities etc.

14:52 The presentation is over and the housemates have gathered on the sofas. They're going to play a new question-and-an-anwer game Sandra has just taught them.

Jani didn't quite get the rules. He's sitting on the sofa looking bored, keeps sighing heavily and saying he's "too old" for this kind of thing.

14:54 Sandra is called to the diary room. She asks the housemates to carry on with the game; they can even switch to Finnish if they like.

The housemates have some problems playing the game, as Sandra is not there to guide them at the moment. Jani has had enough of the game already and laments "I'm not used to these kind of games, I've never liked these kind of games!" The other housemates also realize the game is not going anywhere until Sandra comes back, so they decide to start cooking dinner instead.

In the kitchen area, midst of dinner preparations, Jani is still irritated about the game Sandra taught them; such games are just not for him, not his style. Petri says the second game Sandra taught wasn't as good as the first one. Jani didn't like even the first one, which was a variant of Wink Murder. He's interested in board games and card games, not games where people just sit on a sofa and ask each other questions.

Elisabet is much more accepting about the whole thing and says it was fun trying out something new from a different culture.

BrutalGentleman
Isoveli

Viesti Kirjoittaja BrutalGentleman » 03 Marras 2010 19:34

Day 71/97 - Tuesday (2010-11-02)
(still backlog from yesterday)

16:40 The housemates will have to give the presentation about "Finnish culture" they prepared last week.

They read and act out a Finnish poem. (This is actually a piece of particularly bad and lame "poetry" from a well-known comedy film, but they tell Sandra it's by a great, well-respected Finnish modern poet.) They also show Sandra a banner with their handprints on it, which is supposedly an old Finnish custom (every house should have one, the handprints are representing people who live there.)

Next, they discuss "Finnish" Christmas traditions. The housemates claim Christmas trees are unknown in Finland. Instead, Christmas bonfires are lit. The main Christmas dish is based on bear meat. Also, the Finnish Santa Claus dances on a table when he comes and visits homes.

Sandra tells them about Christmas traditions in Slovenia, with Christmas trees, going to a church and all.

Petri: "I've seen it in movies."
Some of the other Finnish housemates: "Me too!"

The housemates also teach Sandra at least three different Finnish dances and their related songs. These are existing dances and songs but they're for kids, not "traditional Finnish", or "currently popular" as the housemates assure Sandra.

18:39 The housemates are back to the sofas, chilling out after so many different presentations. They're playing one of the games Sandra taught them, a variant of Wink murder, which requires assigning different roles to the players by drawing from the hat.

Sandra is called to the confession room. While she's there, Marika suggests a different method for the drawing process. The other housemates don't agree with her: the current method is good enough for them. Marika is pretty sure her method is better, but no-one sides with her; instead, they tell her to stop fussing about it and pestering them with her suggestions.

This kind of a thing has been going on a lot in the house throughout the season - between Marika and the other housemates. The other housemates often see Marika as fussing over nothing, and her suggestions are often automatically ignored or judged unimplementable by them. This may happen mid-sentence, before she even gets a chance to explain them fully. Marika has also been contantly nominated by the other housemates whenever possible. Especially during this week task, Marika has been trying to make the housemates practice things a bit more and she has had ideas about last-minute changes to the presentations, to make them better or more believable, but her ideas have been constantly rejected by the others.

Usually Marika accepts her fate and keeps up the positive attitude, but this time she feels she's finally had enough: she breaks into tears and storms to bedroom, crying. The other housemates are not sure what just happened. They didn't expect that kind of a strong reaction from Marika even though they've been doing this to her (ignoring her ideas) for countless times now. This is the first time Marika reacts to that in such a strong way.

Jani gets up and goes after Marika in the bedroom, to talk to her and comfort her. The other housemates make no effort to get up from the sofas. They speculate Marika has been stressing over the weekly task and the strong reaction from such a small thing is related to that.

After a while, Marika appears at the sofas, with teary eyes, and Nino has a talk with her, trying to make his point and explain why they didn't feel Marika's suggestion was appropriate for the situation. Nino's main point is that Marika can't take "no" for an answer, she always wants to do things her way, and that's not possible especially with this weekly task as the way how they're doing these presentations was already planned and set in stone last week, so it's not possible to change the details now. It is not clear whether Marika agrees with him or doesn't. But the housemates are now also worried that when Sandra returns from the confession room, Marika's face reveals to her they have had an argument and will maybe raise some suspicions about their "False Finland" project.

Sandra indeed opens the confession room door now, and steps out. At the same time Marika dashes to the bathroom, to hide her face. She spends a lot of time there alone, first just sitting on the toilet seat cover and sobbing quietly, then getting up in front of the mirrors and reapplying her makeup.

19:25 The door to the yard was blocked for a while but the housemates are now let out. They get a party with traditional Finnish food, beer, cider and wine. The jacuzzi is available for their use and they can also use the sauna. Music starts playing. The other housemates go outside, Marika is in the confession room. There is a barbeque grill in the yard and the male housemates start grilling chicken breasts.

19:29 Sandra joins Nino, Jani, Petri, Eetu and Noora in the smoking area.

Nino: "Sandra, do you want punaviiniä" ("punaviiniä" is Finnish for "red wine")
Somebody: "Red wine."

The music is playing all the time.

19:31 Sandra and Elisa are sitting on the benches in the smoking area. Sandra hugs Elisa and says she's really beautiful from both outside and inside. Elisa says she has never met a person like Sandra. Sandra promises to introduce Elisabet to her friends when Elisabet visits Slovenia. Elisa says she's so annoyed about the language barrier, her English not being top-notch. But Elisabet thinks she could pick up some Slovenian fast as she's bilingual and her mother tongue is Russian. They're kind of related langugaes and Elisabet says she can understand a word here and there when Sandra has been speaking some sentences of Slovenian in the house. They'll surely get along.

19:42 The chicken is ready, taken off the barbeques and brought inside. The housemates gather at the dining table. Marika is still in the confession room. Elisa fears Marika might even have been ejected from the house as a delayed punishment from the party last week, where she was very drunk and behaving erratically. Nino doesn't believe in that theory.

20:11 Sandra and the others are exchanging information about their Facebook profiles. Nino tells the others to say Sandra he has 3400 "friends" in Facebook because he was in Big Brother already last year, and got quite infamous in the yellow press. Sandra: "Really?" Nino wants to know if being well-known in the country has caused Sandra any problems. Sandra says a couple of times, when they were in a bar with friends. Someone walked up and started pushing aggressively, shouting who does she think she is. She hadn't done anything, just been dancing in the club. Sandra says she's not a violent person and doesn't believe in violence as a solution to anything. Someone had told her to hit back and she had to explain many times she wouldn't punch anyone back even if she were punched 3000 times.

20:15 Marika returns from the confession room. She has clearly been crying and heads immediately to the nearest mirror to check up her makeup. Then she goes to Eetu, hugging her and sobbing. Sandra is watching this scene confused and emphatical, wanting to know what has happened. Marika can't talk about the weekly task so she just simply says she's depressed. Sandra is trying to ask if it is because she doesn't like it in the house, or misses people in the outside world. Marika can't give a clear answer.

Sandra gets up and goes up to Marika. They both open their arms, and she gives Marika a long, tight hug, stroking her back and hair and talking nicely to her, with many comforting words, while Marika is sobbing against her shoulder, occasinally trying to say something. Sandra: "You're a very nice person. I'm sad when you're crying." Marika: "Oh! You're so sweet!"

20:26 The party is getting on, the housemates are drinking wine now. Sandra says Marika always looks so cheerful from outside but that's not always true, is it. They discuss this some more and Marika nearly breaks into tears again. Sandra hugs her and Marika takes another sip from the wine glass.

Eetu: We can go away.
Marika: No don't go away.
Petri: Race was very good today. (A random reference to Finnish rally drivers who speak about their races in TV interviews with a strong Finnish accent.)

20:37 Marika says if she's feeling bad, she can't really keep it inside. Petri tells Sandra about having had a two-day stretch of depression before - and Nino getting on his nerves on purpose wasn't helping, either. Elisabet says she nearly asked to be ejected from the house after a former housemate close to her, Satu, was evicted.

BrutalGentleman
Isoveli

Viesti Kirjoittaja BrutalGentleman » 03 Marras 2010 21:21

Day 71/97 - Tuesday (2010-11-02)
(still backlog from yesterday)

20:39 Elli-Maija starts chasing Eetu. They run around the living room like little kids playing catch.

At the same time, Sandra is sitting in the smoking area and telling Petri and Elisa she thinks Eetu and Elli-Maija (whom Eetu has affectively nicknamed "Hyttynen" in the house, which means "Mosquito", because of her small stature) like each other. It's quite easy to see. Petri and Elisa remind Sandra that Elli-Maija has a boyfriend in the outside world, but they all seem to agree it doesn't quite look like it at the moment.

Sandra also says she thinks something was going on between Elli-Maija and Eetu in the bedroom last night. She heard noises. At least they were whispering to each other. Apparently no-one else was awake at the time. Petri and Elisa smile a bit at this revelation and Petri makes some rude gestures, asking whether Sandra means that. Sandra can't be sure what was going on but she maintains there were some noises.

Right at this moment, Eetu and Elli-Maija dash outside, running around the yard, laughing and still energetically chasing each other. Sandra raises her forefinger to her lips to indicate Petri and Elisabet they shouldn't mention anything she said to them.

Big Brother announces everyone must go inside. They leave the yard and re-enter the house. Eetu is panting and saying he should exercise more. Elli-Maija: "I nearly fell into the jacuzzi." She also notices there's steam over the jacuzzi, it's getting warm now. Jani is wondering (in Finnish) whether they still need to wear the fur hats to the sauna. "Of course we do", the other housemates say.

They sit down at the dinner table. Petri immedialtely reveals Eetu what Sandra was talking in the smoking area and they start teasing Eetu and Elli-Maija about it. Sandra is a bit embarrassed, but laughing about it too. Eetu and Elli-Maija deny everything, they say they're like a brother and a sister. Eetu explains he was only whispering he's hot because he had two duvets over him.

20:51 Big Brother is playing Anna Abreu's "Music Everywhere" over the house PA system. The housemates are let outside to dance. Elisa wants to hear some "Michael Jackson". Marika is hugging Petri in the smoking area.

20:59 The housemates are dancing and drinking, music is playing. Noora has already changed into bikinis and slipped into the jacuzzi. Noora, who is one of the three most recent housemates and entered the house last friday, is telling Elli-Maija she totally forgot about the cameras first time today while she was changing into bikinis. Just woke up to realize that when she was standing naked in the middle of the bathroom.

21:08 Big Brother seems to respond to the song requests the housemates shout. Since most of the songs played are Finnish pop and rock, the housemates translate some of the lyrics for Sandra.

21:13 Sandra is giving the other housemates Slovenian names. A group of Finnish housemates and Sandra are singing all kinds of songs together. Sandra is dancing too.

21:23 Many of the Finnish housemates are planning to go to the sauna. Sandra isn't too enthusiastic about that right now, her hair was done nicely during the day and she doesn't want to ruin it. (Can't blame her, the fake "Finnish sauna traditions" she was subjected to the nother day were quite rough!) She says she will want to go to sauna again before she leaves, but not tonight.

21:24 Petri went to get another can of beer and slipped into the jacuzzi. Nino recalls Petri had promised to sing to Sandra. After some persuation, Petri sings the song "Vanha holvikirkko" ("The old arched church")

21:25 Sandra asks for more, so Petri sings Arttu Wiskari's "Mökkitie", one of his favorite songs. Sandra is sure Petri would have had a lot of fans in Slovenia if he'd give a concert. Petri says he needs a couple of beers before he has the courage to sing. He also tells how Elisabet always comes to him in the pool and asks him to sing to her.

21:30 Petri continues with Kuurankukka and Dirlandaa. The other housemates sing the chorus to Petris solo in the latter one.

21:34 The next song is "Oi beibi" by Raptori. The girls are dancing and bouncing energetically, Sandra participates too (some boobshake in there!)

21:37 Nino, who can't really speak English, is hollering something to Sandra that resembles "I'm drunk". Petri is trying to remind him that in Fake Finland people drink in a civilized way.

21:40 "Falling" by The Rasmus playing. The housemates had been singing this to Sandra earlier and explain to her this is the original song.

23:01 Eetu is lying on his back on one of the sandbeds lining the sides of the yeard, wearing the "sauna hat", "sauna socks" and "sauna mittens". BB calls him to the confession room.

Nino, Jani and Elli-Maija are in the sauna. Elli-Maija is a bit annoyed about what's been going on between her and Eetu and what the others may think. She says Eetu is like her brother in the house. Nino says he's planned just giving up and walking out a million times. He's almost been going to go to the confession room and get done with it but then he always recalls his friends who had said to him he can't just give up. Nino wants to be evicted the normal way, not ejected via the confession room as was the case last year when he participated.

Elli-Maija thinks Nino shouldn't give up, he's wanted here so badly after all. Elli-Maija says all her friends kept saying to her she needs to apply for the show because she would surely do well in there. Jani says his friends kept saying the same to him. Elli-Maija says she's topped herself many times already, doing things in the house she never would have thought doing. For example, she couldn't imagine going to the beach without bikinis but here she takes showers naked in plain view of all the cameras. She used bikinis the first time, left the top off the second time and the third time she was all naked already. She had been talking about this with her boyfriend who was like "The lady does what the lady wants to do."

23:06 People are leaving the sauna and returning to the smoking place and the jacuzzi.

In the jacuzzi, Elisabet is hugging Sandra and kissing her on the cheek. Noora gives her a hug as well.

23:07 Arttu Wiskari's "Mökkitie" is playing again. Nino thinks it's a great song. Petri agrees. Marika is wanting some hugs as well and grabs Noora in her embrace.

23:10 Petri is trying to teach "Mökkitie" to Sandra. They're translating the lyrics so she knows what it is all about.

23:14 Eetu dashed to sauna, still wearing the "Fake Finland" sauna hat, mittens, and socks. He was singing too. The housemates are still teaching Sandra the song.

23:20 Elisabet is explaining to Sandra about her thoughts and ideology. She has never met anyone like Sandra before. She tells her she has also learned a lot from her idol, Michael Jackson, even English.

Marika says she's feeling a bit down at the moment. The housemates are singing in the pool and in the smoking area.

23:31 Elisabet is singing in the smoking area. Sandra is in the pool, explaining something a long time to Marika and Eetu. Eetu is looking at her mesmerized. Marika begins hugging Sandra, Eetu adjusts the controls of the jacuzzi. Elli-Maija observes the situation and sings to herself.

23:34 Eetu is telling Sandra about his former girlfriend. Eetu wanted to spend more time with his friends and the relationship just kind of waned. A couple of weeks before entering the house he saw her with another guy in a bar. He still likes her, in a way. Eetu says he likes being a single but he would also want to get someone to love for himself, his own girl.

23:40 Petri returns from the confession room. They need to do the "traditional Finnish dances" on the patio once again so Sandra can record them with the camera phone she received from Big Brother.

BrutalGentleman
Isoveli

Viesti Kirjoittaja BrutalGentleman » 03 Marras 2010 22:53

Day 72/97 - Wednesday (2010-11-03)

0:00 Elisabet is explaining to Sandra more about Niko. He has been a Big Brother housemate before, a couple of years back in an earlier season, and now Elisabet got a chance to meet him in person and get to know him well. Elisabet still can't believe it, Niko is like the big brother she never had. Elisabet is missing her twin brother a lot and Niko reminds her of him.

Petri tells Marika to come out of the jacuzzi and change into warmer clothes so they can do the dances. The others should prepare for the dances too. Elisabet asks if Petri remembered to ask BB why she hasn't been told to come to the diary room today, but he didn't.

0:03 Sandra is recording video from the sauna and "Finnish sauna customs". Eetu and Jani are currently inside it, sitting on the benches, wearing their "sauna hats", mittens and socks. The next up are the dances. Sandra also wants to record a clip from the jacuzzi, because it's "the biggest jacuzzi I've ever seen". She's recording images of Petri as well and Petri laughs there's no use shooting video of him.

0:18 Elisabet and Petri are in the smoking area, talking about Petri's ex-girlfriend. They're not in a relationship at the moment but everything is still open between them. Or at least was, before Petri entered the house. Petri hopes they could get together again after his stint in Big Brother is over. Petri is thinking about what Sandra said when she was reading his palm, that there could be a "good resolution before the end of the year". It would be a really freaky thing if he and his ex would actually decide to get back together by then.

0:21 Nino starts babbling about what his life has been during the couple of last year. The new housemates have no idea what is awaiting for them in the outside world when they finally get out of the house. He's seen it all. And he's experienced so many horrible things in his life which he can't tell about on camera, but he will tell them it all later, outside Big Brother house, when they get a chance to meet, and they'll get to know the real Nino and have a better understanding on why he is like he is. "You just wait. When I'll tell about those things, no-one will be able to listen to it without crying."

0:23 Petri is singing another song holding a broomstick as his pretend microphone. Elisabet grabs Petri in the middle of the song and starts sobbing against his shoulder. Eetu and Nino ask her what's going on, why is Elisabet crying? Marika says every emotion comes through so strong here and she's drunk too. Elisabet cries she doesn't want to think about life in so serious way, it's all fucked up. She has had a completely horrible life. Nino tells her he has a horrible life as well. Elisabet can't even believe how horrible a life she has lead this far and she's just 21! Nino says it's the same for him. Once they're out here, they can talk about everything.

0:27 Petri says he's only ever fallen in love with a single woman. They were living in a fancy house, had a Mercedez on the front yard, everything. But he's not a materialist, it was too much for him. He even said to his friends he doesn't want to live that way.

Nino: Yeah. Right. But we can talk about it more once we're out here.

0:30 Elisabet went back inside the house, Sandra came out. Petri is singing "Kuurankukka" to her again. Petri is trying to explain Sandra he mostly likes Finnish "schlager songs" but Sandra isn't familiar with the term. Petri explains that Mika's "Relax" and "Wind of Change" by Scorpions are similar songs in English. Petri says he prefers singing in Finnish as he can then better remember the lyrics and his English is horrible, anyway. Sandra says it isn't, he just needs to keep trying to use it more.

0:32 BB plays "Join Me In Death" by HIM. Sandra knows this song. Eetu hollers they need to pump up the volume.

0:35 Petri sings "Right Here In My Arms" and "Gone With the Sin" to Sandra.

0:38 Next up: "Jos sä tahdot niin" by Samuli Edelmann and Jippu. "Oh this is so lovely" the girls say.

Petri: Very beautiful song.
Sandra: Yeah, I hear.

0:39 Petri explains to Sandra that Samuli Edelmann is one of his favorite singers. He could sing another song by him after this one. Sandra asks him to sing something for the night too, when they're getting to bed.

Petri: Yead.
Sandra: Promis?
Petri: Jebou! ("Jebou!" is a word that means "good, excellent" in the BB house this season. It's not a common Finnish expression but something the housemates adopted from Satu, a former housemate who was evicted earlier.)

0:41 Petri is really starting to warm up now, with drinking and everything. He tells Sandra this is quite a special night, usually they hear like once song per hour in a party but now BB is playing them one after another. Marika says they're all Finnish. Jani is sitting in one corner of the jacuzzi alone, looking a bit bored. The others are in the smoking area next to the jacuzzi.

0:42 The song is over. Sandra thinks it should be a good night song of somer sort, a lullaby. Petri starts singing again, Sandra is moving back and forth to the rhythm of the song. Nino tells the others he's going to go to sleep now because he knows how horrible it is going to be in the morning otherwise, without enough sleep.

0:49 Petri tells Sandra about his home town, Kuopio. They had a three-day international karaoke competition and he got the second place. He also tells that when he earlier said he would like to be a singer, it was just a joke. Sandra says why, he could well be one. Petri says it's just a dream, would never come true. Actually, he would like to be a guitarist who also sings but he has tried playing guitar and feels his hands are too big and he has not enough dexterity in his fingers for chords. Sandra and Petri compare their hands and they find out Petri has a much larger hand than Sandra. Elli-Maija says she can't play the guitar properly because her hands are so tiny!

1:02 Sandra went inside the house but came immediately back and started the playful hand-slapping routine with one of her Finnish housemates which they do in the BB Slavnih house. The power ballad "Sleeping Sun" by Nightwish starts playing over the house PA system.

1:04 Petri is now dancing with Sandra. Eetu dances with Elli-Maija.

1:06 The song ends with thanks to Big Brother and cheering. Petri sings a bit of "Tallulah" by Sonata Arctica and Big Brother plays that next. Even Nino and Marika are now dancing.

1:12 Jebou! Petri and Sandra do the Slovenian BB slapping routine to the end of the song.

1:20 Petri is trying to think about more Finnish slow ballads. They go get something more to drink from inside the house. Petri thinks the best ballad is "Always" by Bon Jovi, but Big Brother probably isn't going to play it tonight because this is a Finnish night. He asks if Sandra could sing it a bit if she knows the song. They all start singing it.

1:29 Sandra is laughing and saying they're drunk already. Petri is trying to deny it: "I'm not drunk. I'm little bit drunk. If I'm drunk I... (starts pretending how he would shout with a hoarse voice, not singing) Taaaaalulah! It eeeaasyer to leave alone!" Then he pretends throwing up.

Petri sings "Vanha holvikirkko" once again. Then they place the protective covers over the jacuzzi and go inside.

BrutalGentleman
Isoveli

Viesti Kirjoittaja BrutalGentleman » 03 Marras 2010 23:25

1:32 Eetu is walking in the living room, swaying.

Eetu: "Elisabet is so drunk."
Elisabet: "I'm not."
Eetu: "You are. Your eyes are all (pretends to be Elisa)"

Elisabet and Petri are singing the "Jebou Jebou" chant they have invented for the exchange week and presented to Snadra as a Finnish custom.

Sandra: "Juomaa, ruoka, meille tuokaa!" (This is another chant which they have fabricated and taught Sandra. It is supposedly always said before eating in Finland. The translation goes: "Food, drink, bring to us!")

1:34 Most of the housemates are now in the bedroom. Marika is in the living room hugging Sandra.

1:35 The housemates are preparing for bed in the bathroom. Sandra is singing "Pump it up" and the others are joining her in singing. Eetu and Elli-Maija are brushing their teeth, Marika her face, Elisabet is just dancing with her bikinis still on and Jani is taking a shower, naked. Petri was there too but went to the bedroom for a while to change the clothes. Noora enters the bathroom too and starts explaining something about being really drunk.

1:38 Elisabet: "Sandra, do you know this? 'They don't really care about us! Nanananaaana'" They start singing Michael Jackson's "They Don't Really Care About Us" together.

1:40 Elisabet is bouncing up and down in the shower and singing "Man In The Mirror". Soon, she gets out, this time singing "Billie Jean".

1:43 Many of the housemates have already carried out their routines in the bathroom and are now hanging out in the living room.

Big Brother: "Jani T., hae mikrofonisi!"
Sandra: (imitating) ""Jani T., hae mikrofonisi!"
Someone: "Do you know what it means?"
Sandra: "Jani go get your microphone."
The others: "Great!"

Petri and Sandra are singing "I'll be watching you" as a duet. Petri is wearing a hoodie and has the hood on. Sandra puts her hood on as well and says they're now like a brother and a sister. Then they do the hand-slapping routine from the BB Slavnih again.

1:45 More singing by Petri and Sandra. Other housemates are gathering around the dinner table too, at least Elli-Maija and Elisabet, and they try singing various other songs.

1:58 Petri asks Sandra to sing one of her own songs. She sang it on Sunday but it wasn't "Vroča Kakor Afrika", it was some other song. Elisabet wants to hear that song too and adds that it was the one with an alternative Croatian version. Sandra recognizes the song from that and says she likes the Croatian version best so she's going to sing that.

2:00 Elli-Maija and Noora are having a discussion in the bedroom. Noora is feeling sick. Elli-Maija dashes to the bathroom to bring her a bucket. Noora pukes in the bucket.

BrutalGentleman
Isoveli

Viesti Kirjoittaja BrutalGentleman » 04 Marras 2010 00:21

2:14 There's a weird scene going on in the kitchen: Elisabet, Sandra and Marika are sniffing Petri's armpits through the shirt, looking mesmerized by the smell.

Elisabet says Petri has never smelled that good in the house, this is the first time in the ten weeks they've spent there. The girls want to see what he's using. Petri claims he hasn't used anything special and goes fetch the fragranced deodorants he uses.

Sandra sprays some of Petri's deodorant on her hand and keeps smelling some more. Elisabet doesn't get why Petri needs to smell good this week when he usually never does. Petri says it's good that Elisabet doesn't get it. Elisabet just can't get it, she looks amused and annoyed at the same time. Sandra doesn't get the discussion, so Elisabet translates it to her.

The lights dim a bit in the living room, as always for the night. The three of them decide to have a smoke before going to bed. Elisa also gets a new can of beer.

Elisabet: (smiling to Petri with that amused and annoyed look on her face) You're a shithead, you know that?
Petri: What do you mean?
Elisabet: You're smelling nice the first time heer. Why do you need to pretend being something you aren't? It pisses me off.

Sandra wants to know what they're talking about and Petri translates the first part. Elisabet continues translating while they're sitting on the benches in the smoking area. Now Petri and Elisabet are talking even to each other in English.

2:17 Petri's gentleman antics annoy Elisabet. Petri says he's putting on some effort now that they have a guest. Elisabet also says Petri is never normally wearing jeans in the house, only shorts. Elisabet is pissed off because she thinks Petri is lying. She would have noticed it if Petri had ever used that fragrance. And Petri never ever makes any courteous little moves for women, such as opening doors for them, but he does this week. Elisabet knows about these things, she notices the smallest details. Petri denies these claims but says Elisabet has behaved in a different way too now that Sandra is present.

2:22 Petri's command of English is not good enough so he asks Elisabet to translate that he just didn't want to appear like some fool or a caveman when there's a guest in the house. Sandra says she can understand that well. Elisabet has also applied some of Petri's fragrance on her arm and keeps sniffing it while smiling with a mesmerized look on her face. Then they're complimenting Sandra on her songs.

Meanwhile in kitchen, Marika and Jani are discussing Jani's bad mood during the last few days. Jani says he isn't interested in the stuff that's going on in the house at the moment: the songs played, singing and dancing is not the kind of stuff he likes. Marika tells Jani to live life to the max in the house. They both go outside and join Sandra, Elisabet and Petri for smokes.

Petri says Elisabet is always totally enthranced when he sings a bit. Elisabet tells Sandra she always falls in love in the outside world when someone sings and plays the guitar. Looks don't mean anything at that point. Petri is the substitute for all that here.

2:26 Sandra returned in the house.

Marika: Some bunch we are, too... Finns...
Elisabet: (to Petri, with a curious look at her face) Why are you looking at me that way?
Petri doesn't know what it was that he did wrong now. Elisabet insists that Petri has looked her "that way", a bad way. Petri doesn't understand. Elisabet was going to go to inside but Petri grabbed her and gave her a hug. Elisabet kept chanting Niko's nickname and Marika asked her if she was missing Niko. Elisabet said she was.

2:27 Marika would have wanted the others to stay a while with her, to keep her company, but Elisabet and Petri went back into the house. Elisabet is explaining she doesn't mean her observations about Petri's behavior in a bad way. Petri says he knows. Elisabet clarifies that she would already have done something about it if Petri were the right type for her.

Sandra emerges from the bathroom. Petri asks her if everything is OK. Sandra is surprised about the question: "Yes, why?" Elisabet gives Sandra a hug. Petri gives Sandra a hug as well.

2:29 Elisabet went to the bathroom and Sandra and Petri head to the bedroom door. Petri opens the door and says "Ladies first!"

Sandra: "No. You go."
Petri: "You go."

Neither of them go, so Petri took Sandra on his arms and carried her to the bedroom, both of them laughing.

Laughing stopped when they noticed Noora was sleeping in Petri's place with a puke bucket on the floor beside the bed. They went back to the living room to negotiate. Elisabet and Marika returned from the bathroom and they explained the situation to both.

2:33 Elisa is grabbing the opportunity to have Marika translate her thoughts to Sandra because they're too complicated for her English. Elisabet wants Sandra to know she has never met anyone like Sandra. She's so lovely and nice. Elisabet knows even Michael Jackson, her idol, would have liked Sandra. Some way, Sandra even reminds her of Michael Jackson, (which is probably the greatest compliment Elisabet can give to anyone.) Sandra: "Oooh!" They hug again.

2:34 Sandra has tears flowing out to her cheeks. She says she's so lucky that she got to experience this exchange and met people like this. Sandra wants to sleep next to them all.

2:35 Big Brother sees air of romance here, or at least something that can be presented to Slovenian viewers as one. Right at that moment Elisabet is called to the confession room so she would not interfere, as she's acted a bit jealous about Petri.

They're planning the sleeping arrangements. Petri can't go to his normal place anyway as it is occupied by Noora. They think they can find enough room for them all on the row of beds on Sandra's side of the room if Jani moves a bit to the left. The order is going to be Marika, Elisabet, Petri, Sandra.

BrutalGentleman
Isoveli

Viesti Kirjoittaja BrutalGentleman » 04 Marras 2010 00:52

2:41 Big Brother starts playing "Finlandia" over the house PA system. In "Fake Finland", the housemates always go to bed with this patriotic symphony as their lullaby. The housemates (except Elisabet, who is still in the confession room) go to bed.

Jani moves over to the left. There's now enough space for them all on the row of beds on the left side of the bedroom. Sandra lies down right beside Petri. "Come closer!" she says, and now lies on his left arm, her chin resting on Petri's left shoulder.

2:48 The music stops, it's now silent in the bedroom.

2:51 Elisabet is finally let out of the confession room. She enters the bedroom and tries to go in between Nino and Jani but Marika directs her next to Petri, on the other side than where Sandra is sleeping.

The sleeping order is now: Nino, Jani, Marika, Elisabet, Petri, Sandra.

3:12 Sandra visits the bathroom but returns to Petri's shoulder. Soon after that, Elisabet visits the bathroom too, but has now decided she doesn't want to sleep next to Petri. Instead, she jams herself in between Nino and Jani. Marika notices this, seems a bit disappointed, and then crawls over Jani, next to Elisabet. Jani needs to move next to Petri and grudgingly does so.

The final sleeping order for the housemates on the left side of the bedroom is: Nino, Elisabet, Marika, Jani, Petri, Sandra.

BrutalGentleman
Isoveli

Viesti Kirjoittaja BrutalGentleman » 04 Marras 2010 02:47

10:15 Big Brother: "Good morning. Hot water is now available in the bathroom."

The housemates get mead and raisins from the storage room. There's also an announcement about the battery change for microphones. Elisabet notices all the ingredients needed for today's menu have been delivered in the cupboards and the fridge in the storage room.

14:17 The housemates receive a day task in which they will need to give Sandra a demostration of the traditional/national sports of (Fake) Finland.

The Finnish sport in question is "husband-carrying competition". Housemates will be paired into female-male pairs and the females will need to carry the male from start to finish as fast as they can. This will be carried out in the special task area.

The pairs are Marika and Nino, Elisabet and Jani, Elli-Maija and Eetu, Sandra and Petri. Noora is taking the role of commentator as she is still feeling sick from last night. The

14:38 The housemates are let to the task area. There's a circular race track for the competition. Big Brother will evaluate the competing pairs by their style and speed. Big Brother will also handles the timing for the event.

14:57 The competition is over. The results will be announced later. Big Brother: "Housemates, leave the task area."

15:00 The housemates are planning how to go about their menu tonight, and when would they eat. Eetu and Elli-Maija are asked to the confession room together.

15:31 Eetu is giving Sandra a backrub/massage on the living room floor.

Kuva

Eetu: "Say if I hurt you too much"

16:20 Jani announces they will get actual bear meat for tonight. The housemates have earlier asked Big Brother for bear meat so they could offer Sandra a "Fake Finland" "traditional" dish of "polar bear", but they didn't believe they were actually going to get that: bear meat is rare and very expensive. Sandra seems to be excited at the prospect of getting to eat "polar bear".

16:23 Nino and Elisabet are having a jocular fight over something. Jani, Petri and Sandra begin cooking.

16:31 The storage room is open and they get more mozzarella sticks and mushrooms. Elisabet was excited about mushrooms as she's a vegetarian.

16:37 Elisabet has been telling Sandra about the previous weekly tasks. Sandra is also interested in Head of the House, a title which one of the housemates gets each week. They explain to her that the Head of the House, (who is resolved in a weekly Head of the House competition) gets immunity from nomination and may order restaurant food via the touch screen for himself and someone else he chooses.

Elisa has also reminded Sandra on the "fact" that polar bear meat is eaten in (Fake) Finland on Christmas. Sandra says she remembers that from their earlier presentation.

17:01 Eetu, who can't speak English too well, is trying to tell Sandra that Elisabet and Petri get very nervous if they can't smoke. Nino helps him with visual presentations of this nervousness.

17:10 Nino is trying on his white jeans. He finds out he can't get them on any more as he's gained weight in the house.

17:14 Several housemates (Sandra, Jani, Elli-Maija, Nino) pose in front of the mirror to see their ass in the jeans. Elli-Maija thinks her butt is awful. "No it isn't" guffaws Nino.

20:15 Petri returns from the confession room with an announcement. They are not to prepare the bear meat just yet, there will be a separate announcement when the time comes. They also need to check up on Noora's condition from time to time as she's been feeling sick (or is it just hang over?) for the whole day and is now lying in the bedroom. The door to the yard is locked, which irritates Jani who would want to go out for a smoke.

20:22 Sandra has been telling the housemates about a pantomime game. They're going to play it soon. Except Jani, who would rather clean the kitchen area. The housemates are asking Sandra can't they get any alcoholic drinks in the BB Slavnih house even on meals. "Very rarely", says Sandra. She tells they need to buy those too with their weekly budget.

Vastaa Viestiin

Palaa sivulle “Asukasvaihto / Housemate swap”