Housemate swap between BB Finland 5 and Pinoy BB 3

Keskustelua asukasvaihdosta / Discussion in English about the housemate swap.
Boondocks
Heikoilla hangilla

Re: Housemate swap between BB Finland 5 and Pinoy BB 3

Viesti Kirjoittaja Boondocks » 26 Joulu 2009 02:45

BrutalGentleman kirjoitti:
Pythos kirjoitti:Question to the Finnish fans:

Based on the transcriptions I read on this forum, most of the interviewers kept on saying that Katlin or even Aso were becoming popular. Yet in one of the convos of the Finns hmates while inside the BB house, they were confessing that after leaving the BB, they'll be just a minor celebrities or not at all.

Could you please share to us how popular the housemates become after their BB stints?
They get publicity all right, but this far - and we've now seen five BBF seasons already - not a single one of them has created a respectable career for themselves building on that publicity. There are currently no positive examples of anyone becoming a genuinely popular and liked public figure after having participated in Big Brother Finland. There have been many genuinely liked housemates, of course, but they have usually just fallen back to their ordinary life after their stint in the house. I'm not sure if too many of them have even tried to become public figures, though.

To sum it up, Finns do not view it as a talent show. And the production team probably does not view it as a talent show, either. If they did, they would probably have chosen the housemates using a bit different criteria than they have this far... getting more ambitious, competitive and forward-driven people on the show.

(OK, there are some random housemates who have actively tried to become public figures: Henna and Antti from BBF season 4 or Iida from this season, for example. But their idea of "publicity" is selling semi-nude pictures of themselves to trashy, scandalous gossip mags or tabloids; there's not much "career" in that. They have not become authors or singers or tv show hosts or anything like that.)

One of the problems is that there is currently no positive spin to BB in Finland. The show is seen as being suspicious at best and trashy at worst. There has been too much inane and semi-scandalous Big Brother reporting in the media. It has caused a backlash of sorts: many have got totally fed up with all those "BB this" and "BB that" news articles. There are now lots of people who do not want to hear anything about the show any more, out of principle.

As far as public discussion goes, BB is often criticized as being a morally questionable, trashy, exploitative, voyeuristic show where boozing and sex play all too big a part and are even encouraged by the production team. It is all valid criticism, of course: those aspects are present in BBF, although the fans of the show know there's more to it as well.

Not all is doom and gloom, of course. Especially Esa A has now lifted up the profile of the show a bit this year and drawn some new viewers to it. But generally speaking, views that would put a positive spin to BB are not prevalent in public discussion.

The viewer figures have still been on the rise, though; even during the 5th season, which just ended. So it would appear that despite there being some stigma attached to the show, people are actually still quite interested in it - or even increasingly interested in it. It has been suggested BB might be a guilty pleasure to many of the new viewers: they rather don't admit watching, but watch it anyway.
Don't Worry Katlin if she choose to have a carrer in entertainment in the Phillippines she will have it under ABS-CBN. Here are a few of Philippine celebrities past and presetn not originally from the Philippines.

Miss Australia Michelle Eimermann
Miss Universe/Miss Puerto Rico 1992 Dayanara Torres
Thalia - Mexico
Sandara Park - South Korea
Grace Li - South Korea (Radio DJ)
Dianna Menezes - Brazil
Carmen Soo - Malaysia

And many more!

So Katlin Please come back to the Philippines you have Millions of fans there!

kitek
Peitonheiluttaja

Viesti Kirjoittaja kitek » 26 Joulu 2009 06:44

Boondocks kirjoitti:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENQu2yV1vSU
Hi folks did somebody translated this clip already? Particularly from 2:44 - 4:00 all the talk about Cathy it seems.
translation is in the video comments:
saranna: great girl, really cute
stephania: she said she was like a guide to the world to cathy
dana: found a soul mate in Cathy, wants to go visit Cathy in January if she has enough money.
sampo: great girl, really cute. and that we could learn a lot from the Philippines life style.

kitek
Peitonheiluttaja

Viesti Kirjoittaja kitek » 26 Joulu 2009 16:59

Patrick has been evicted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuFRx7tl0W8

TO EVICT:
29.65% Cathy
9.87% Patrick
4.23% Kath

TO SAVE:
34.61% Cathy
11.28% Patrick
10.36% Kath

TOTAL:
6.13% Kath (to save)
4.96% Cathy (to save)
1.41% Patrick (to save)

Gulak
Tapetti

Viesti Kirjoittaja Gulak » 26 Joulu 2009 17:17

kitek kirjoitti:Patrick has been evicted
YE! GOOD FOR CATHY!! \o/

Is Annina still in the house?

kitek
Peitonheiluttaja

Viesti Kirjoittaja kitek » 26 Joulu 2009 17:59

Gulak kirjoitti:
kitek kirjoitti:Patrick has been evicted
YE! GOOD FOR CATHY!! \o/

Is Annina still in the house?
She left before the eviction, Sasha entered the house for a moment then they left.

sher
Häädetty

Viesti Kirjoittaja sher » 26 Joulu 2009 19:05

oh my. Patrick was evicted. Who will cook for them?

@bianca: hi. are you Ms. Bianca Gonzalez ? hihii follow me nmn po sa twitter oh. favor lng, twitter.com/s_emc . a bunch of thank in advance!

bianca
Työläinen

Viesti Kirjoittaja bianca » 26 Joulu 2009 19:23

Hi sher! Sorry, I'm not Bianca Gonzales. :) A lot of people asked me that question already. Probably because of my current avatar which happens to be her twitter account background image. :D I think I need to change my avatar.

On the eviction results, Cathy has a lot of fans but lots of haters too. If she will be nominated again next week with Rica, Jason, Melissa (unlikely) or PJ, I think she will be in danger. Cathy has a bigger chance of staying if she's nominated together with Hermes, Johan, or Mariel. That's because the haters are so eager to evict her now that Patrick is gone.

Rutjake
Finalisti

Viesti Kirjoittaja Rutjake » 26 Joulu 2009 22:33

Great, Cathy's save! :cheers

Cathy and Rica are now in the final of this weeks HOH-competition (memorizing game). I hope Cathy will win :thumbsup

Edit. BB just announced the winner (at 5 AM Manila time :shock:) and the new HOH is Cathy! Congrats :cheers "Thank you very makkarakalakanakeitto" said Cathy :lol:

kitek
Peitonheiluttaja

Viesti Kirjoittaja kitek » 27 Joulu 2009 03:23

Rutjake kirjoitti:Great, Cathy's save! :cheers

Cathy and Rica are now in the final of this weeks HOH-competition (memorizing game). I hope Cathy will win :thumbsup

Edit. BB just announced the winner (at 5 AM Manila time :shock:) and the new HOH is Cathy! Congrats :cheers "Thank you very makkarakalakanakeitto" said Cathy :lol:
any video of that?
I didn't have any working free stream :?

bobongbong
Häädetty

Viesti Kirjoittaja bobongbong » 27 Joulu 2009 09:32

Rica got the +3 votes from Johan..so most likely she'll be nominated later

sher
Häädetty

Viesti Kirjoittaja sher » 27 Joulu 2009 13:53

even if Rica will be nominated this week, I'm pretty sure that she will be saved by US, her fans.
She has a lot of fans and less haters (maybe) here in RP.

I would love to see how Rica's fans support here

sher
Häädetty

Viesti Kirjoittaja sher » 27 Joulu 2009 13:59

bianca kirjoitti:Hi sher! Sorry, I'm not Bianca Gonzales. :) A lot of people asked me that question already. Probably because of my current avatar which happens to be her twitter account background image. :D I think I need to change my avatar.
oh, eh so sorry. hahaa, ya right ;) pero i'll still keep my eyes on you.
kac masyadong npaka suspicious mo eh. well, it's nice meeting you :)
sana nga ikaw siya :|

Rutjake
Finalisti

Viesti Kirjoittaja Rutjake » 27 Joulu 2009 16:02

@kitek: I didn't record the stream (well, to be honest, I don't know how).

All three rounds of the HOH-competition were held in the confession room.

Nominated this week: Rica, Sam, Johan and Jason or PJ (I have problems with the stream.. must wait).

Ok, the fourth nominee is Paul Jake. So maybe it's time for Johan to go?

Edit. Jason -> Johan (to go)

sher
Häädetty

Viesti Kirjoittaja sher » 27 Joulu 2009 16:13

I think the next who will be evicted is between Sam and Johan ;)
Because they're the hms with less fans XD

this weeks nominees are
Sam
Paul Jake
Johan
Rica

Rutjake
Finalisti

Viesti Kirjoittaja Rutjake » 27 Joulu 2009 16:42

One question: Last night, why PJ (?) was spanking Jason in the boys bedroom after lights were dimmed? In BBF you would be force-evicted.. violent behavior.

bianca
Työläinen

Viesti Kirjoittaja bianca » 27 Joulu 2009 17:06

sher kirjoitti:
bianca kirjoitti:Hi sher! Sorry, I'm not Bianca Gonzales. :) A lot of people asked me that question already. Probably because of my current avatar which happens to be her twitter account background image. :D I think I need to change my avatar.
oh, eh so sorry. hahaa, ya right ;) pero i'll still keep my eyes on you.
kac masyadong npaka suspicious mo eh. well, it's nice meeting you :)
sana nga ikaw siya :|
I assure you I'm not her. :D And if you'll notice the time I replied in this thread, Bianca is on air doing PBB Uplate. :D

P.S. Let's keep this thread in English so that everyone could understand. :)

Rutjake kirjoitti:One question: Last night, why PJ (?) was spanking Jason in the boys bedroom after lights were dimmed? In BBF you would be force-evicted.. violent behavior.
I read that on forums too- that PJ was hitting Jason. And yes it is an act of violence and he can be evicted by that. A lot of forumers noticed that too especially Jason's fans. They were saying that BB should do some actions for what PJ has done. But some said that the boys are just fooling around and Jason is okay with it. If he was hurt he should have voiced it out.

kitek
Peitonheiluttaja

Viesti Kirjoittaja kitek » 27 Joulu 2009 19:25

sher kirjoitti:I think the next who will be evicted is between Sam and Johan ;)
Because they're the hms with less fans XD

this weeks nominees are
Sam
Paul Jake
Johan
Rica
who nominated who?
reasons?

bobongbong
Häädetty

Viesti Kirjoittaja bobongbong » 28 Joulu 2009 08:18

johan: 3pts to rica

hermes:
1pt to johan - silent, superficial personality
2pts to pj – can be boastful/bragging

Cathy:
1pt to sam – doesn’t reach out to other housemates
2pts to rica – loud and noisy even during sleeping time

pj:
1pt to sam – have the tendency to be a bitch
2pts to rica – loud and noisy, bitchy

rica:
1pt to kath - no effort to show her personality
2pts to mariel – asks too much questions that can be meddling at times

mariel:
1pt to rica – loud and noisy
2pts to sam – different from the other girls, too girly

sam:
1pt to kath
2pts to pj - strongest housemate

kath:
1pt to rica – her voice is too loud
2pts to tibo – he’s the oldest

Jason:
1pt to kath – nice/kind
2pts to hermes – too shy

melai:
1pt to sam - she misses her mom
2pts to johan – he’s already happy coz cathy is entertaining him always

tibo
1pt to johan – mysterious
2pts to rica – strongest competitor for HOH games

mirian
Pääohjaaja

Viesti Kirjoittaja mirian » 28 Joulu 2009 08:59

Got the love Melai's reasoning for giving points for Johan. :) That really isn't so wise to spend all your time with only one housemate. As a viewer I have personally allways found that annoying. If you are too clingy to one of your housemates and specially if you are also very shy, the other contestants as well as the viewers don't really get a clear picture of your own personality. You are then perceived too much as a wallpaper.

But I don't really get people's reasoning for giving points for Rica. She was acclaimed to be too noisy. Well Melai is also very noisy and she seems to be a very valued housemate. Without her (and Rica) there would be so much more dull moments for the hm's and the viewers. So can there be another reason for Rica's nominations? In some forum I read earlier that she can be a bit bossy sometimes which can be irritating... Maybe that?? I did understood Tibo's reasoning for Rica being a strong contestant HoH-competitions. Could it be that the other housemates were thinking the same but didn't want to admit it? Were they afraid that they would have been perceived as players or something...

I personally find that very good that Rica is able to take her own place in the house (even if it means to be too loud and noisy in some people's opinion). Melai is such a great personality that I find it very nice that she has found a friend in the house who's personality is equally strong. I don't know if the other housemates would be able to "go in" in Melai's jokes as easily as Rica. I mean, that even though other housemates seem to be nice and all, many of them are much more reserved and don't try to fool around so much. And I'm enjoying a great deal of watching Melai and Rica when they are just chatting together and getting excited about small things.

It seems to me that the housemates self don't vote anymore against the former contestants (which formed during the two houses). They seem to be quite well mixed together, finding closer friends also in newer hm's and so on. Do you think that the viewers still keep insisting to vote the OHB hm's away even though their own favorites don't see this kind of division anymore and can actually feel closer to some of the newer housemates rather than all the old ones?

bobongbong
Häädetty

Viesti Kirjoittaja bobongbong » 28 Joulu 2009 10:50

I personally love melai’s and rica’s personality also coz they are fun to watch but I understand if the other housemates find it annoying sometimes. Like in the instances that they are tired and wanted to rest but they can’t coz the 2 are too loud and noisy. Maybe melai and rica must find the right time and place to joke and have fun. :)

IMO, maybe the other housemates opted to vote rica and not melai coz they know how strong melai is. If you noticed, Jason and melai didn’t receive any votes during the nomination. Maybe they realized that it will be a waste of point to nominate them. :)
It seems to me that the housemates self don't vote anymore against the former contestants (which formed during the two houses). They seem to be quite well mixed together, finding closer friends also in newer hm's and so on. Do you think that the viewers still keep insisting to vote the OHB hm's away even though their own favorites don't see this kind of division anymore and can actually feel closer to some of the newer housemates rather than all the old ones?
In some forums, the fans don’t insist or recognize anymore the House A and House B division. though their favorites are still House A housemates (melai, rica, Jason, pj and tibo) and still wants to evict house B housemates (hermes, sam and mariel) but its not because of division but because of personality. :)

Also, from a forum, the strong housemates to be evicted are sam and johan. Sam because she didn’t audition for pbb and she’s a star already. Johan because he has proven nothing and only wanted to have a loveteam inside the house. :)

photogurl
Nimetty

Viesti Kirjoittaja photogurl » 28 Joulu 2009 12:59

i can't seem to access direk lauren's twitter site..is it still up? btw, annina seems to be enjoying her time here in the philippines. even though she has left the big brother house, she and her boyfriend manage to travel to different places including tiangge (bazaar)

Rutjake
Finalisti

Viesti Kirjoittaja Rutjake » 28 Joulu 2009 13:49

photogurl kirjoitti:i can't seem to access direk lauren's twitter site..is it still up? btw, annina seems to be enjoying her time here in the philippines. even though she has left the big brother house, she and her boyfriend manage to travel to different places including tiangge (bazaar)
Seems like Direk Lauren and ppbsecretary have deleted their twitter-accounts. :( Maybe there was too much crap coming in? Hopefully they put up a blog where they can give hints about future twists etc.

Vastaa Viestiin

Palaa sivulle “Asukasvaihto / Housemate swap”