Housemate swap between BB Finland 5 and Pinoy BB 3

Keskustelua asukasvaihdosta / Discussion in English about the housemate swap.
Pythos
Työläinen

Re: Housemate swap between BB Finland 5 and Pinoy BB 3

Viesti Kirjoittaja Pythos » 29 Loka 2009 11:33

Some Filipino fans like Saranna. Do you have any idea who will be coming from our BB to your BBhouse? Because we are clueless. Though some are thinking that it might be Cathy.

Pythos
Työläinen

Viesti Kirjoittaja Pythos » 29 Loka 2009 11:36

Kerkko kirjoitti:There's a clip up where Kätlin is told that she will be going to the Philippines. In the clip, Biggie asks her if she can speak English and her answer is that it isn't that great but that she can get by with it.
Nice. The language is not a barrier to us. Filipinos are hospitable. She will definitely enjoy her stay.

Punde
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja Punde » 29 Loka 2009 11:39

I watched a video clip, in which Kätlin was told by BB that she's going to the Philippines.

BB: "Do you speak English?"
Kätlin: "Yes" (rest in Finnish, I translate:) "I do speak English, but.. but I'm not very good at it. But I'll, like, manage."
BB: "Kätlin, you are going to the Philippines."
Kätlin: "For real? *long pause* Is this for real? *long pause* Oh my god. *long pause* Oh my god oh my god. *laughter and a long pause* Yey! When will I go? Right now?

.. cut ..

Kätlin: "Oh my god. I don't know what else to say. My heart beats like... Philippines, oh my god. I've never woken up to such news."
BB: "What do you know about the Philippines?"
Kätlin: "Not much. I believe it's... a nice place and... nice people and... "
BB: "Where do you think the Philippines are located?"
Kätlin: "Oh my god. Somewhere cold. *shakes head*"

.. cut ..

Kätlin: "This is so embarrassing. Somewhere near Greenland?"

.. cut ..

BB: "What do you think is the population of the Philippines?"
Kätlin (after a looong pause): "Less than in Finland." (Finland has about 5,2 million)

So not the brightest candle in the chandelier :D

Hedgehog
Jebou

Viesti Kirjoittaja Hedgehog » 29 Loka 2009 11:43

Kätlin on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfacHAOowLA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFYwtyL_5Sc

I think her looks and overly cheerfull (some might even call it fake) personality were the decisive factors.

Mole
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja Mole » 29 Loka 2009 11:53

Do you know which HM is coming this way? I believe Sami is quite excited about the possibility of it being Rica. :wink:

Pythos
Työläinen

Viesti Kirjoittaja Pythos » 29 Loka 2009 11:56

Punde kirjoitti:I watched a video clip, in which Kätlin was told by BB that she's going to the Philippines.

BB: "Do you speak English?"
Kätlin: "Yes" (rest in Finnish, I translate:) "I do speak English, but.. but I'm not very good at it. But I'll, like, manage."
BB: "Kätlin, you are going to the Philippines."
Kätlin: "For real? *long pause* Is this for real? *long pause* Oh my god. *long pause* Oh my god oh my god. *laughter and a long pause* Yey! When will I go? Right now?

.. cut ..

Kätlin: "Oh my god. I don't know what else to say. My heart beats like... Philippines, oh my god. I've never woken up to such news."
BB: "What do you know about the Philippines?"
Kätlin: "Not much. I believe it's... a nice place and... nice people and... "
BB: "Where do you think the Philippines are located?"
Kätlin: "Oh my god. Somewhere cold. *shakes head*"

.. cut ..

Kätlin: "This is so embarrassing. Somewhere near Greenland?"

.. cut ..

BB: "What do you think is the population of the Philippines?"
Kätlin (after a looong pause): "Less than in Finland." (Finland has about 5,2 million)

So not the brightest candle in the chandelier :D
Don't worry its tolerable. :lol: :lol:
Can you share the links of the clips?

warre1
Taivaan iskä

Viesti Kirjoittaja warre1 » 29 Loka 2009 12:00

most of the clips are only for the subscribers of Big Brother finland's 24/7 net-tv.

Pythos
Työläinen

Viesti Kirjoittaja Pythos » 29 Loka 2009 12:01

Mole kirjoitti:Do you know which HM is coming this way? I believe Sami is quite excited about the possibility of it being Rica. :wink:
Sorry we are really clueless. They're keeping it secret. Actually the productions haven't announced yet that Finland will be the swapmate.

The Filipino fans that are not too much into Internet are still guessing whether its Finland, Serbia, India, Africa, or Spain.

Hedgehog
Jebou

Viesti Kirjoittaja Hedgehog » 29 Loka 2009 12:01

Free, shorter version of that clip is here:
http://www.bigbrother.fi/uutinen.shtml?985204

Punde
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja Punde » 29 Loka 2009 12:04

Pythos kirjoitti:Can you share the links of the clips?
http://www.katsomo.fi/?progId=24323 , but you have to register to the Katsomo-service to view it, and the registration form is in Finnish. But the clip is free, they usually aren't.

Kerkko
Vaihtoasukas

Viesti Kirjoittaja Kerkko » 29 Loka 2009 12:12

Pythos
Työläinen

Viesti Kirjoittaja Pythos » 29 Loka 2009 12:16

Thanks Hedgehog and Punde.

I want to see her reaction.

I remembered Tina, the Slovene housemate who was swapped to our housemate. She was crying when she heard that she will be going to the Philippines. She's expecting that no one from PBB will understand English. So she's some how paranoid that nobody will talk to her.

warre1
Taivaan iskä

Re: Big Brother 5 Finland LIVE

Viesti Kirjoittaja warre1 » 29 Loka 2009 12:23

Kätlin¨s lapdance from party last night:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q96MmPuM7z8

ff
Isoveli

Viesti Kirjoittaja ff » 29 Loka 2009 13:39

:welcome I'm eagerly waiting what kind of housemate we're gonna get from your bb-house. :D I think most of you will like Kätlin, she's like everyone has already said: a cheerful, social and nice person. She's also one of the strongest housemates to win this season's Big Brother.
Eeppinen debyytti: Girls' Generation (소녀시대) – 다시 만난 세계 (Into The New World) (Live 2013)
-----
1. Esa A (BB5) 2. Elisabet (BB6) 3. Niko (BB3/BB6) 4. Kristiina (BB11) 5. Tuija (BB5)

Punde
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja Punde » 29 Loka 2009 13:53

ff kirjoitti:she's like everyone has already said: a cheerful, social and nice person.
I beg to differ, and we saw that last night. She has been acting like "the girl next door" all season, but her malicious outburst at Dana was really showing the real Kätlin; mean, vicious and overly possessive over the men in the house. Or actually she just can't handle it when the other girls get attention from men.

Her persona is quite fake, even her smiling is mostly fake, you can see it in her eyes. She has a nice gameplan though, she has fooled a lot of people in the house, and also outside the house. She is also one of the most boring housemates this year.

Just so everyone knows, we don't all unquestionably love her. These are my observations and opinions, although many people don't like them :)

Zygerö
Tohtori

Viesti Kirjoittaja Zygerö » 29 Loka 2009 14:03

Punde kirjoitti:I beg to differ, and we saw that last night. She has been acting like "the girl next door" all season, but her malicious outburst at Dana was really showing the real Kätlin; mean, vicious and overly possessive over the men in the house. Or actually she just can't handle it when the other girls get attention from men.
There was equal fault in both girls and it's really not fair to dump all the blame on Kätlin. As to her handling other girls getting attention from men, I think she has no problem with it. Actually I think it's Dana, who has a problem with that.
"You mustn't fight the elephant. You mustn't fight anybody. War is a very silly way to behave you know." -Dr. Snuggles

Punde
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja Punde » 29 Loka 2009 14:10

Zygerö kirjoitti:There was equal fault in both girls and it's really not fair to dump all the blame on Kätlin.
I didn't comment about who was or is to blame at all. I was describing how I saw Kätlin's behaviour.

Kerkko
Vaihtoasukas

Viesti Kirjoittaja Kerkko » 29 Loka 2009 14:11

Kerkko kirjoitti:Here's the whole clip - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTEvZNGd8Jo
I added captions to this clip.

Hedgehog
Jebou

Viesti Kirjoittaja Hedgehog » 29 Loka 2009 14:16

Zygerö kirjoitti:There was equal fault in both girls and it's really not fair to dump all the blame on Kätlin.
I don't think it matters whose fault it was, the point is that the malicious outburst Kätlin had as a result gave us the first glimpse of what lurks under her "good girl" cover. Dana isn't any better, but Kätlin really isn't all that nice girl she makes us all think.

ff
Isoveli

Viesti Kirjoittaja ff » 29 Loka 2009 14:19

Punde kirjoitti: Just so everyone knows, we don't all unquestionably love her. These are my observations and opinions, although many people don't like them :)
Yes. Well i don't love her. Mine favorite female housemate of this year's bb you can see in my avatar. :in love: :cheers Kätlin has those strongpoints (social and easy-going), but it's true that she hasn't been the most entertaining one. She has been quite steady housemate and that's why i don't love her or hate.
Eeppinen debyytti: Girls' Generation (소녀시대) – 다시 만난 세계 (Into The New World) (Live 2013)
-----
1. Esa A (BB5) 2. Elisabet (BB6) 3. Niko (BB3/BB6) 4. Kristiina (BB11) 5. Tuija (BB5)

Scherzy
Kanavajohtaja

Viesti Kirjoittaja Scherzy » 29 Loka 2009 14:29

[juuso] kirjoitti:Kätlin is the best choice to Philippines! But then it's poor that I can't watch her in our house. I'm also missing her already. :? Have a nice trip Kätlin! :hug:
This is actually what i would say! I Love Kätlin!

Zygerö
Tohtori

Viesti Kirjoittaja Zygerö » 29 Loka 2009 14:33

Punde kirjoitti:
I didn't comment about who was or is to blame at all. I was describing how I saw Kätlin's behaviour.
Then maybe you should check your phrasing. "Malicious outburst at Dana" can easily be misread as Kätlin being the bitch and Dana the victim.

Hedgehog kirjoitti:I don't think it matters whose fault it was, the point is that the malicious outburst Kätlin had as a result gave us the first glimpse of what lurks under her "good girl" cover. Dana isn't any better, but Kätlin really isn't all that nice girl she makes us all think.
Even the nicest person in the world has their limit. No one can be all fun and games all the time.
"You mustn't fight the elephant. You mustn't fight anybody. War is a very silly way to behave you know." -Dr. Snuggles

Vastaa Viestiin

Palaa sivulle “Asukasvaihto / Housemate swap”