Big Brother House Swap: Finland - Africa

Keskustelua asukasvaihdosta / Discussion in English about the housemate swap.
jokeri
VIP-vieras

Re: Big Brother House Swap: Finland - Africa

Viesti Kirjoittaja jokeri » 19 Loka 2008 04:20

Punde kirjoitti:
Oh1one kirjoitti:Question: I'm too lazy to check for myself...Is Finnish a 2nd Official or widely spoken Language in Sweden?
It's not an official language there, but I think it is an official minority language there. Lots of Sweden Finns in Sweden.

edit: but not as many as there are Swedish-speaking Finns (Finland-Swedes) in Finland (about 6% of the population, most of the bilingual too, so they speak Finnish too)
In Finland the Swedish language is our second official language, because between the years 1150-1808 Finland was a colony of Sweden, started with their crusaders that came here to turn this nation into a Christians. (After that period we where under the Russian rule until in 1917 we got our independency.)

Today about 5,5% of Finns are "finnish-swedes" and they tend to live on a spesific areas of Finland, so by living outside of those areas you really don't meet any of them at all. Even though Swedish is still taught in Finnish schools, a majority of Finns don't really speak Swedish. Our society is basically bilingual only in theory. And because of the history, many Finns don't like swedish or finnish-swedish people nor do they even like to try and speak in Swedish. In fact, statistics show that vast majority of Finns wouldn't even like to be taught the Swedish language, and there's a constant argument going on that why we have to learn Swedish in Finland.

Now, the thing in Sweden is different. Many Finnish people left to Sweden to have a better life as Sweden has always been the wealthiest of the Nordic countries. In Sweden Finnish people are immigrants. Even though there are quite many of them, Finnish language is not an official second language of Sweden, but Finnish is an official minority language there.
Cool like Teppo.

jokeri
VIP-vieras

Viesti Kirjoittaja jokeri » 19 Loka 2008 04:40

And furthermore, I think that because of the history some Finnish might first be quite reserved and even suspicious towards the foreign people. But I think the young people are more open towards the others than the old people here are.
Cool like Teppo.

Punde
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja Punde » 19 Loka 2008 05:14

jokeri kirjoitti:And furthermore, I think that because of the history some Finnish might first be quite reserved and even suspicious towards the foreign people. But I think the young people are more open towards the others than the old people here are.
Well we'll just have to see what happens when Munya joins our house, won't we? :)

I don't like generalizations but those are inevitable and almost unavoidable. I just want to watch what happens in the BB house and leave it at that. For the time being.

We all judge the BB housemates not for what they are or what they think or say they are, but how they act for real. Reality TV at it's finest. :tu

chester1
Tuotantoassistentti

Viesti Kirjoittaja chester1 » 19 Loka 2008 07:43

baldy kirjoitti:
chester1 kirjoitti:Do any of you guys know if there are going to be an excange of feeds from the diffrent houses? During BBA1 they swapt with BBUK and we were able to watch both shows. Goodluck to Johan i think it will be quit a week for him
Hi chester, good to see you here, heard all about you from my wife who chats to you on the fan forum.
Thanx i need to stir things up on the BBA forum, i might just die a slow agonizing death, but looking forward to the coming week hope Johan spices up the Africa house, it's getting a bit boring over here.
BRING IT ON

ElMoronico
Pääohjaaja

Viesti Kirjoittaja ElMoronico » 19 Loka 2008 07:53

jokeri kirjoitti:And because of the history, many Finns don't like swedish or finnish-swedish people nor do they even like to try and speak in Swedish.
Also, many Finns think that opinions like these are mostly expressed by the small minority of closed-minded rednecks who usually don't leave their village except maybe for breeding, but sadly, seldom even for that.
On kyllä hyvä fiilis.

chester1
Tuotantoassistentti

Viesti Kirjoittaja chester1 » 19 Loka 2008 07:54

Big Mother kirjoitti:This is totally politically incorrect question, but do you think that Johan will get laid in Africa. Since he´s allready gone through allmost every girl in the BB-Finland house?
I think so if he wants to he can take over where Munya left of. The girl Tawana loves and she openly said it, needs sex and if she wants Johan she will go for him (She is not the traditional African woman - she is 31 with a degree in Biology from a South-African university and owns two farms in Botswana) So a forward thinking modern woman
BRING IT ON

chester1
Tuotantoassistentti

Viesti Kirjoittaja chester1 » 19 Loka 2008 08:02

Tapzukka kirjoitti:^^The worst thing in Finland is the climate. Winters are dark, cold, wet and miserable. And summers aren't hot, not even warm. Instead summers are rainy and cloudy (YEAA!).

BTW, Are we allowed to speak so off topic here :D
So Johan will get a nice surprise when he gets here because where i stay in South-Africa (admittedly about 1200 km from the house) it's going to be 34 Celsius today so it will be a nice balmy African evening when he enters the house.
BRING IT ON

Rutjake
Finalisti

Viesti Kirjoittaja Rutjake » 19 Loka 2008 09:11

Hi everyone (my first post this year)!

As for the weather, Munya will suprised, too :D Here's the weather in Espoo, Finland: http://www.fmi.fi/weather/local.html?kunta=Espoo

chester1
Tuotantoassistentti

Viesti Kirjoittaja chester1 » 19 Loka 2008 09:12

ElMoronico kirjoitti:
jokeri kirjoitti:And because of the history, many Finns don't like swedish or finnish-swedish people nor do they even like to try and speak in Swedish.
Also, many Finns think that opinions like these are mostly expressed by the small minority of closed-minded rednecks who usually don't leave their village except maybe for breeding, but sadly, seldom even for that.
I thought all the Scandinavian people got on like a house on fire, but than again not all people from the different African counties likes each other.
BRING IT ON

baldy
Julkkisasukas

Viesti Kirjoittaja baldy » 19 Loka 2008 09:13

Good morning Chester.

baldy
Julkkisasukas

Viesti Kirjoittaja baldy » 19 Loka 2008 09:14

Good morning Rutjake, greetings from a nice warm and sunny South African morning in Johannesburg :welcome

chester1
Tuotantoassistentti

Viesti Kirjoittaja chester1 » 19 Loka 2008 09:16

Rutjake kirjoitti:Hi everyone (my first post this year)!

As for the weather, Munya will suprised, too :D Here's the weather in Espoo, Finland: http://www.fmi.fi/weather/local.html?kunta=Espoo
Hope they gave poor Munya some warm clothes, but if i remember correctly he stayed in Switzerland for some time, so i suppose he will cope.
BRING IT ON

chester1
Tuotantoassistentti

Viesti Kirjoittaja chester1 » 19 Loka 2008 09:17

baldy kirjoitti:Good morning Chester.
Good morning, how is JHB today
BRING IT ON

baldy
Julkkisasukas

Viesti Kirjoittaja baldy » 19 Loka 2008 09:20

chester1 kirjoitti:
Warm and balmy at 19 degrees at the moment, and warming up fast.

Kerkko
Vaihtoasukas

Viesti Kirjoittaja Kerkko » 19 Loka 2008 09:21

It would be fun if we got some snow next week but it's too early for that. It might happen in November. I hope it doesn't rain too much next week so that they can use the jacuzzi outside next to the sauna. The steam from the jacuzzi is warm so it doesn't really matter how cold it is.

baldy
Julkkisasukas

Viesti Kirjoittaja baldy » 19 Loka 2008 09:21

Johan is in for a shock with the weather, but we are expecting more thunder showers this evening.

Did you see the housemates swimming in the rain last night?

MyrskynMerkki
Nimetty

Viesti Kirjoittaja MyrskynMerkki » 19 Loka 2008 09:22

:demon: PUHUKAA SUOMEA, SAATANA!!!

..Että IHMINENKIN ymmärtää.
Kuva
!Niin saatana!

baldy
Julkkisasukas

Viesti Kirjoittaja baldy » 19 Loka 2008 09:24

MyrskynMerkki kirjoitti::demon: PUHUKAA SUOMEA, SAATANA!!!
Hello MysskynMerkki, what has upset you?

Punde
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja Punde » 19 Loka 2008 09:26

Its a long trip from the far north of our time zone to the far south (and vice versa) :)

Kuva
baldy kirjoitti:
MyrskynMerkki kirjoitti::demon: PUHUKAA SUOMEA, SAATANA!!!
Hello MysskynMerkki, what has upset you?
I'd guess some kind of teenage angst or a way to make his/herself look like a fool. Just ignore it.

chester1
Tuotantoassistentti

Viesti Kirjoittaja chester1 » 19 Loka 2008 09:27

baldy kirjoitti:
chester1 kirjoitti:
Warm and balmy at 19 degrees at the moment, and warming up fast.
Good, seeing the weather it's like only 6 degrees (if i'm correct) where Johan comes from it will be a nice change for him. He Tawana might head straight for the pool, lol, just which these sleepy heads can catch a wake-up, but i suppose being Sunday, eviction day, they will sleep till at least 10:00. Can anyone update whats happening in BB Finland house.
BRING IT ON

baldy
Julkkisasukas

Viesti Kirjoittaja baldy » 19 Loka 2008 09:29

Good morning Punde, good to see you here again.

Yes, it is a long, long distance between us :lol:

Kerkko
Vaihtoasukas

Viesti Kirjoittaja Kerkko » 19 Loka 2008 09:30

What are the rules in the ABB house? Are they allowed to be nude and swear etc?

Vastaa Viestiin

Palaa sivulle “Asukasvaihto / Housemate swap”