Big Brother UK 2010 Uutiset

calderyon
Jumalan ruoska

Re: Big Brother UK 2010 Uutiset

Viesti Kirjoittaja calderyon » 19 Touko 2010 16:12

bbspy.co.uk kirjoitti:Funeral advert ‘blasted by mourners’

Kuva

Channel 4 has reportedly been blasted for filming the fake funeral for the Big Brother 11 advert while a real one was going on.

According to The Daily Star, mourners at the real funeral were disgusted when ex-housemates from the show started ’squabbling among the graves’ during the shoot, which took place last week.

One ‘witness’ told the paper: “They’ve plunged to a new low as far as bad taste goes.”

However, Spencer Smith, the former Big Brother 3 contestant who was involved at the set, responded: “No-one expected a real ­funeral to be taking place.”

Meanwhile, an official from Wandsworth Council, which ‘looks after’ the cemetery in Putney Vale, South London where the trailer was reportedly shot, said: “We took precautions to ensure filming did not impact on anyone else in the cemetery.”

A C4 spokesman added: “We were in constant contact with the cemetery over filming for the advert.”

The advert sees one of Big Brother’s Diary Room chairs buried by the former contestants, with narrator Marcus Bentley playing the vicar of the ceremony.
bbspy.co.uk kirjoitti:Freederm to sponsor Big Brother 11

Kuva

Freederm, a brand of spot-related skincare products, has signed up to sponsor the final series of Big Brother.

Advertising agency Bray Leino negotiated the deal with Channel 4 and has developed a range of 56 bumpers for the campaign, which range in length between five and fifteen seconds.

They will run around all Big Brother programming, including spin-offs Little Brother and Big Mouth, and there will be Freederm branding on the official website.

Freederm’s brand manager, Virginia Melis, said: “We are delighted to be the sponsor of the final series of Big Brother – it’s a programme that has changed the television landscape over the past 11 years.

“The brands have a similarity – boosting freedom and confidence and allowing people to be who they really want to be.”

Last year’s summer sponsor was energy drink Lucozade, while bed company Dreams has backed the last two Celebrity series.
bbspy.co.uk kirjoitti:Extended teaser advert airs

An extended version of the Big Brother 11 teaser trailer has aired tonight on Channel 4. (Updated with video)

The advert consists of the same swirling flower shots seen in the shorter one. However, a clip of the show’s theme music is also featured, therefore confirming that the floral teasers are for Big Brother.

It was first seen at around 9.00pm tonight, just before Heston’s Ultimate Feast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNNH94ha ... r_embedded
You´re welcome!

I am the eater of Worlds !!!

My god... Half man, half amazing!

Joni Hesselgren: Big Brotherin moraalinen voittaja kaudella 2014.

calderyon
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja calderyon » 20 Touko 2010 20:25

bbspy.co.uk kirjoitti:Zoltar ‘to replace Tree of Temptation’

Kuva

Zoltar, the fortune-telling machine from the movie Big, will replace the Tree of Temptation in BB11 according to a report.

Bosses have apparently got hold of the genie from the 1988 film to put in the garden. Like the Tree, it will offer housemates the chance to earn treats in return for completing secret missions at the expense of others.

A source told The Daily Star: “Nothing comes for free in that house.

“If Big Brother decides to grant a housemate’s wish then they will be told it will have consequences.

“It’s going to be an exciting addition. No-one will know what to expect when Zoltar calls. We want to make this final series full of shocks and surprises.”

In the flick, which stars Tom Hanks, a boy wishes to Zoltar that he could be big. Zoltar grants his wish, and he becomes a fully-grown adult the next day.

Big Brother 11, the last to air on Channel 4, is set to begin in early June.
You´re welcome!

calderyon
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja calderyon » 21 Touko 2010 20:48

Digital Spy kirjoitti:Final Big Brother eye revealed

The Big Brother eye logo for the last ever series on Channel 4 has been unveiled.

Comprising of hundreds of brightly-coloured flowers, the emblem has been described as a "vibrant floral tribute" to the reality show.

DS revealed earlier this month that short teaser trailer clips for the eleventh run had begun airing.

A full trailer will air on Monday night after the first episode of Davina McCall's new Million Pound Drop gameshow.

Featuring contestants from the previous ten series, the extended promo will include a funeral being presided over by the voice of Big Brother Marcus Bentley.

According to a Channel 4 source, the trailer will feature "former housemates loved and loathed, as they bid fond farewell to the show that made them household names".

The insider continued: "But, as the Diary Room chair is lowered into the ground the scene erupts into a colourful mardi gras as the true nature of the show is celebrated with a joyful explosion of confetti, carnival music and dancing."

David Williams, commissioning editor for Big Brother at Channel 4, said: "Yes the series is ending and yes we wanted to mark that but we also wanted to show viewers that Big Brother is essentially an incredible entertainment show and there are plans afoot to ensure that a carnival atmosphere of fun and enjoyment will be at the forefront for what we hope will be a lively final series."

Kuva
Digital Spy kirjoitti:McCall drops Twitter Big Brother hints

Kuva

Davina McCall has written on Twitter about her expectations for the final series of Big Brother.

The presenter, 42, claimed that the eleventh run of the reality show will be a "work of genius".

"For BB, I think it is safe to expect the unexpected," she wrote. "It will be a beautifully crafted work of genius. And that's an understatement."

Short teaser trailers for Big Brother 11 featuring falling flowers started airing earlier this month,

McCall is currently working on live gameshow The Million Pound Drop, which starts on Monday at 10pm on Channel 4.
You´re welcome!

calderyon
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja calderyon » 21 Touko 2010 20:54

bbspy.co.uk kirjoitti:BB11 to launch on Wednesday 9th June?

Kuva

Preliminary schedules from Channel 4 suggest that Big Brother 11 may launch on Wednesday 9th June, we can reveal.

bbspy’s resident detective Brekkie has been studying the listings, and has found three open slots on the 9th – two hour-long gaps between 8pm-9pm and 9pm-10pm, and a 90-minute one between 10pm-11.30pm.

That would provide enough time for the launch to air in, although it is unlikely it would begin at 10pm.

This is backed up by a two-and-a-half hour long opening between 1.15am and 3.45am, which could accomodate live streaming.

On Thursday 10th, there are empty slots at 9pm-10pm and 10pm-11.10pm which a highlights show could fit in to, with possible gaps for overnight streaming at 1.10am-3.40am and 3.40am-4.40am.

Meanwhile, on Friday 11th, there are three openings in the evening between 9pm-10pm, 10pm-10.45pm and 10.45pm-11.55pm for highlights or possibly another live show, followed by another overnight gap between 1am and 3.05am.

In addition to the above, there are also free slots in the mornings of the 10th and 11th which could feature the usual repeats of the previous night’s show(s).

However, E4’s schedules are much more secretive, with no slots marked as unconfirmed.

If BB11 does launch on the 9th, it will be the first series since Big Brother 8 to launch on a Wednesday.

We stress that this is just speculation – the launch date is expected to be confirmed next week.
You´re welcome!

calderyon
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja calderyon » 22 Touko 2010 13:38

Digital Spy kirjoitti:McCall: 'We will remember BB11 forever'

Kuva

Davina McCall has claimed that the final series of Big Brother will leave a lasting legacy.

The presenter, who has hosted all 11 summer series, said that she is grateful to Channel 4 for allowing the reality show to bow out with one final run. McCall also admitted that she was "down" when she found out about the programme being axed last year, but that she is excited over its "big bang" ending.

Speaking at the launch of her new gameshow The Million Pound Drop, she said: "I've realised that we've had time to go out with a fantastic celebrity series. That was really brilliant. And I got my dream come true and I got to enter the house!

"And this final series, from what I hear, is going to be everything you thought you knew, but didn't. If you know what I mean."

She continued: "I think it will be one we remember forever. If they had just gone at the end of the last series, 'This was your last one'... that would have been awful. I'd rather end on a big high like this than just dribble out."

Joking about her passion for the show, she added: "I would have carried on presenting it, because I would have found it so hard to leave. I'm sure it would have been sinking and I'd have still been there clinging on to the masts desperately trying to not let go!"

Big Brother 11 starts next month on Channel 4.
Digital Spy kirjoitti:Davina backs Nikki Grahame BB return

Kuva

Davina McCall has admitted that she would like to see Nikki Grahame return for Big Brother 11.

The show's host revealed that the Big Brother 7 contestant would be her first pick if she could have any former housemate back on the programme.

McCall said that as long as Grahame has overcome her battle with anorexia and weight, she would enjoy seeing her back in the house.

"I know that she has some issues at the moment, but I think if we can get Nikki Grahame back on par, she would be great," she said.

"She is such a big character. And I wish all her the best in the world. It would be great to see her again."

Speaking about other potential returning housemates, she added: "Any of the really big characters. I love Pete, I love Brian Belo, Nadia. Brian Dowling - get him back in there. Any of the big characters."

McCall's new gameshow The Million Pound Drop airs tonight at 10pm on Channel 4.
bbspy.co.uk kirjoitti:Billboard adverts for BB11 confirmed
Channel 4 has confirmed to bbspy that they are running billboard adverts for Big Brother 11 in the coming weeks.

While they have not given us specific details regarding exactly where and when the ads will appear, we are told that a lot of the billboards will be large ones, and that most of them will be backit.

In addition, the adverts – which feature the new eye logo alongside the slogan ‘The big send-off – Starts June’ – will be put up in London Underground stations.

The first of the adverts appeared earlier at the Warren St Tube station:

Kuva

This is the first series since Big Brother 7 in 2006 that billboards have been part of the ad campaign.
You´re welcome!

calderyon
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja calderyon » 23 Touko 2010 14:21

bbspy.co.uk kirjoitti:Wannabe TV presenter’ set to enter house

Kuva

Mark Tancock – a Welsh ‘wannabe’ television presenter – is set to take part in this year’s Big Brother, according to the Daily Star.

The tabloid claims that Tancock, who is the current Mr Wales, ‘wowed’ show bosses at his auditions and is now on a shortlist of 25 hopefuls that are being considered for the eleventh and final Channel 4 series.

However, this is not Mark’s first bid for fame. He is signed to Cardiff-based agency Mr Producer, who have also worked with celebs such as Bonnie Tyler, Sian Lloyd and Radio 1’s Aled Haydn Jones.

A ’source close to Mark’ said: “His hunky physique and hilarious banter are likely to go down really well with viewers so we could have already found this year’s winner.”

Will he be one of this year’s housemates? Only time will tell…
bbspy.co.uk kirjoitti:New house ‘to feature images of Davina’

Kuva

The new Big Brother house will be decorated with images of show host Davina McCall, The Daily Star claimed today.

According to the red-top, producers have decided to honour McCall – who has hosted all main and Celebrity editions of the show – by putting up various portraits of her in the new-look abode.

Meanwhile, the paper suggests that Big Brother 11 will last for 14 weeks – making it the longest series – and that housemates will enjoy ‘non-stop’ parties.

They also brought up their annual rumour of a ’secret love den’, and added that 14 housemates are ‘thought’ to be entering the house when the series kicks off ‘in the second week of June’.

A ‘BB source’ said: “To celebrate the whole Big Brother history, bosses have decided to theme the last year on fun rather than hell.

“Producers want to concentrate on fun and games, rather than doom and gloom, and they decided the best way to do that was to give a nod to Davina by actually making her the interior.”

The mole continued: “If contestants or viewers think they know what they’re in for, they should think again – the show will be turned upside down.

“There’s no guarantee that evictions, nominations and tasks will be on the same days they have been before, but the housemates will have the time of their lives.”

Would you like to see Davina adorn the walls? Do you think Big Brother should stay ‘evil’? And will this finally be the year that the sex den rumour comes true?
You´re welcome!

calderyon
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja calderyon » 24 Touko 2010 01:19

Digital Spy kirjoitti:McCall: 'I want to streak in BB house'

Kuva

Davina McCall has revealed that she has always loved the idea of streaking through the Big Brother house.

The presenter, who is currently promoting her new gameshow The Million Pound Drop, said that she would like to emulate former housemates such as Shell Jubin and Bex Shiner by taking all her clothes off inside the compound.

"God, if I had the balls I would love to streak through the house," said the 42-year-old. "Don't speak to anyone, in through the front door, streak through the house and out the back. God, that would be so good.

"But I've had three children so that's not going to happen I'm afraid!"

McCall also admitted that it would take "some serious wooing" for her to consider working on Big Brother in the future with a different broadcaster.

"I love Big Brother so much and it would have to be someone that would give it as much love and attention," she said.
Digital Spy kirjoitti:McCall: 'C4 probably glad to finish BB'

Kuva

Davina McCall has claimed that Channel 4 is "probably glad" that it axed Big Brother.

McCall, who has hosted the reality show since its inception, admitted that it is time to draw it to a close.

She said: "God, Channel 4 took some flak for that show. I bet they are really glad to get rid of one of the hottest potatoes they have ever had.

"It was the right time for them and it was the right time for us. I think Endemol in the light of day, would probably say that it was the right thing to do."

She added: "I have mourned. And I think Channel 4 have very graciously given us a year to get our heads around it. I did need a good week of feeling really down about it and really sad. I couldn't really talk to anyone about it.

"But, as time has gone by, I've realised that we've had time to go out with a fantastic celebrity series."
You´re welcome!

calderyon
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja calderyon » 24 Touko 2010 01:24

The Sun kirjoitti:The Big Brother bad girls

Kuva
Gone GaGa ... BB girls

THE Big Brother girls seem to be going GaGa at the thought of their beloved reality show ending.

Eight wannabes from previous series dressed up to take part in a police line-up in this week's Now magazine.

Kuva
Iconic ... chair

It was set up in homage to scenes from Lady GaGa's Telephone video.

The blasts from the past are, from left to right: Grace Adams-Short, Michelle Bass, Kinga Karolczak, Aisleyne Horgan-Wallace, Sophie Reade, Charley Uchea, Nikki Grahame and Nadia Almada.

It's all part of the run-up to the 11th and final series of the Channel 4 show, which kicks off next month.

TV Biz has had a sneak peak of the trailer for the series, in which ex-housemates attend a funeral for Big Brother.

It features original winner Craig Phillips and his rival "Nasty" Nick Bateman lowering the iconic Diary Room chair into a grave.

The show's Geordie narrator, Marcus Bentley, presides over the ceremony as a vicar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7Qe--vE ... r_embedded
You´re welcome!

calderyon
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja calderyon » 24 Touko 2010 14:50

Digital Spy kirjoitti:100 contestants for BB11 launch night?

Kuva

Tabloid reports have claimed that over 100 contestants will take part in the final Big Brother launch night.

According to the Daily Star, all the wannabe housemates have passed medical, police and psychological tests, but are not guaranteed full housemate status.

The 100 hopefuls will take part in a live task at Elstree Studios to determine who is allowed to take part in the final series. The first 16 applicants who successfully complete the challenge will be allowed to enter the Big Brother compound.

No details on the task will be revealed until the launch night.

"This is the biggest stunt that producers have ever pulled off," said a source. "Bosses have unearthed what they think are 100 potentially good housemates.

"But none of them has got a guaranteed place on the show. It's going to be a tough battle."

It is also rumoured that the eleventh run will the longest-running series ever, lasting over 13 weeks.

Big Brother 11 starts next month on Channel 4.
Digital Spy kirjoitti:McCall names favourite BB housemates

Kuva

Davina McCall has revealed her seven all-time favourite Big Brother housemates.

The presenter, who has hosted every summer run of the Channel 4 reality show, claimed that series one runner-up Anna Nolan is her number one contestant.

"I liked Anna right from the start, because she was just the sort of person I knew I'd want as a friend - a really solid person. I had a lot of admiration forher, which grew throughout the show," she told the News Of The World.

McCall also praised Jade Goody, series five winner Nadia Almada and Pete Bennett, who she described as the "perfect BB contestant".

The 42-year-old rounded off her list with Big Brother 9 couple Bex Shiner and Luke Marsden and series 10 housemate Noirin Kelly. "They were all people who lifted the energy levels in the house," she said.

McCall also claimed that her favourite Big Brother moment is the showdown with 'nasty' Nick Bateman in series one. "It was the first toe-curling moment," she said. "You couldn't have scripted it. It was almost too painful to watch but completely compelling."

The final series of Big Brother on Channel 4 starts next month.
You´re welcome!

calderyon
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja calderyon » 24 Touko 2010 14:57

Inside Big Brother kirjoitti:The results of Big Brother’s Big Awards

Big Brother 7 has been named as the best ever series in a Channel 4 vote, announced during a special show known as Big Brother’s Big Awards Show.

A number of other awards were given out in Big Brother’s Big Awards Show, which aired last night on E4. Also, the following awards were also announced on last night’s special show.

Best Big Brother Bitch: Charley (BB8)

Best Big Brother Bad Boy: Nasty Nick (BB1)

Best Big Brother Catch Phrase: “I like blinking I do” – Helen (BB2)

Best Big Brother Controversy: Fight Night (BB5)

Best Big Brother Tantrum: “Who is she?” – Nikki Grahame (BB7)

Best Big Brother Twist: The Bedsit (BB5)

Best Big Brother Task: Electric Shock Task (BB9)

Best Big Brother Cringe: Michelle singing ‘Pie Jesu’ (BB5)

Best Big Brother Argument: Charley vs. Brian (BB8)

Best Big Brother Couple: Stuart and Michelle (BB5)

Best Big Brother Housemate: Nadia (BB5)
Inside Big Brother kirjoitti:Big Awards show scoops 310,000 viewers

Last night’s Big Brother Awards Show was watched by 310,000 viewers on E4; a strong performance for the special Big Brother show.

The show, which saw Big Brother 7 voted as the fans’ favourite series, rated higher than the timeslot’s average figures on E4, despite the heatwave.

The most watched television programme yesterday was the Over The Rainbow Final on BBC1 which attracted 6.4 million at 8:55pm.

We hope that the strong start for Big Brother’s special show last night is a sign of things to come for the final series.
You´re welcome!

calderyon
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja calderyon » 26 Touko 2010 21:08

Digital Spy kirjoitti:'Big Brother 11' start date confirmed

Kuva

The start date for the final series of Big Brother on Channel 4 has been revealed.

The eleventh summer run's launch night will start on Wednesday, June 9 at 9pm. Davina McCall will return to host the main show, while George Lamb will be joined by Emma Willis for spinoff show Big Brother's Little Brother.

A full length funeral-themed trailer for the reality show featuring former housemates from the past 10 series was premiered on Monday, while a new wreath-style eye logo was unveiled last week.

McCall and the producers have promised in interviews that the show will "go out with a bang".

David Williams, commissioning editor for Big Brother at Channel 4, said last week: "Big Brother is essentially an incredible entertainment show and there are plans afoot to ensure that a carnival atmosphere of fun and enjoyment will be at the forefront for what we hope will be a lively final series."
Digital Spy kirjoitti:'Big Brother 11' launch twist confirmed

Kuva

The twist for the Big Brother 11 launch night has been confirmed by Channel 4.

Earlier today, DS revealed that the reality show would be returning for its final summer run on Wednesday, June 8 at 9pm.

In a press release further information has been revealed about the opening episode of the series, which backs up a report in the Daily Star claiming that 100 contestants will compete on the launch night for the right to become an official housemate.

"In a twist to the usual format there will be more hopefuls than the house can hold," reads the press release.

"In front of the cameras and the baying crowd each of the hopefuls will find out their fate. Will Big Brother select them to spend a summer in front of the cameras or will they have to head home with their bag still packed?"

It concludes: "The new Housemates will be selected one by one and allowed into the Big Brother house to begin what could be the most exciting and unpredictable few weeks of their lives. Watch those first awkward moments unfold as they get to know each other and await the start of Big Brother's games."
bbspy.co.uk kirjoitti:More Big Brother 11 adverts air

Two more short adverts for Big Brother 11 have been broadcast on Channel 4 and E4 in the last twenty four hours.

The first is the culmination of the short teasers seen last week, with the falling coloured flowers now forming the shape of the eye logo at the end of the clip. It ends with the words ‘Coming Soon’.

It was first seen on E4 yesterday evening, although it was previously available on the official site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLJpLjP6 ... r_embedded

Meanwhile, the second was shown this morning during a Deal Or No Deal repeat on Channel 4. In a reversal of the other teaser adverts, it features the flowery eye breaking apart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg2X1ej6 ... r_embedded

The main funeral advert, themed around the burial of the Diary Room chair, made its television debut after Glee on E4 last night, before its first Channel 4 airing at the end of The Million Pound Drop.
You´re welcome!

calderyon
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja calderyon » 27 Touko 2010 22:02

Daily Star kirjoitti:BIG BROTHER 11 LONGEST EVER

BIG Brother’s final series will be the longest ever at 13 weeks.

The 11th run starts on June 9 and lasts until mid-September.

But last night even BB fans were on the internet, calling it “overkill”. One said: “The beauty of Big Brother is the fact that it’s on just once a year.

“But this is madness, it’s more than a quarter of the year.

“It’s overkill, Channel 4 must know that people have gone off the show and yet they’re determined to make it worse by doing this.”

Another viewer said: “It’s like a jail term. You would get less time for committing a crime.”

But host Davina McCall, 42, said fans were in for a real treat.

She added: “The final series will be one you’ll remember for ever.”

Big Brother editor David Williams said: “Big Brother is essentially an incredible entertainment show and there are plans afoot to ensure that a carnival atmosphere of fun and enjoyment will be at the forefront for what we hope will be a lively final series.”

Channel 4 decided to axe the show when ratings plunged.

You´re welcome!

calderyon
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja calderyon » 29 Touko 2010 12:41

bbspy.co.uk kirjoitti:Dowling and Stout ‘to take part in BB11′

Kuva

Former Big Brother winners Brian Dowling and Cameron Stout are reportedly in the running to become Big Brother 11 housemates.

According to The Mirror, Brian, who won the second series, and Cameron, the fourth series’ victor, are among a group of 40 candidates hoping to get in the house this year.

Earlier this week, Channel 4 confirmed that a twist to this year’s launch night will see those on the shortlist lined up outside the house, where they will be told whether they are housemates or not.

However, the tabloid claims that ‘the public’ will help whittle down the 40 housemates, to a final 20.

Other hopefuls are said to include I’m A Celebrity contestant David Van Day’s eldest daughter, Olivia, and Danielle Laws, daughter of Burnley boss Brian Laws.
bbspy.co.uk kirjoitti:Drop contestants to become housemates?

Kuva

Contestants on Channel 4 gameshow The Million Pound Drop will be housemates in Big Brother 11, online rumours are suggesting.

The idea surfaced last night, with some viewers now believing that Drop may be a set-up and that players are in fact trying to win various sums of money for the Big Brother prize fund.

However, Davina McCall – who hosts both shows – took to her Twitter page last night to deny it, saying: “It is NOT a fake show. Fact.”

This is not the first time that a connection between Drop and Big Brother has been considered, but Channel 4 is still refusing to comment on the matter.
bbspy.co.uk kirjoitti:First presenter press images released

The first Big Brother 11 publicity images of presenters Davina McCall, Emma Willis and George Lamb have been released.

One is a group shot of the trio, aptly wearing black clothes, with a floral backdrop similar to the adverts. The others are solo pics of Emma and George, who’s hair is looking rather… err… questionable.

You can peruse the imagery here:

Kuva

Kuva

Kuva

Individual shots of Davina are expected at a later date.
You´re welcome!

calderyon
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja calderyon » 29 Touko 2010 12:43

Digital Spy kirjoitti:BB producer: 'No nostalgia focus'

Big Brother producer Katy Smith has claimed that the show's final series will not have a nostalgia focus.

Speaking to DS earlier this year about plans for the 11th summer run, Smith said that the production team's focus would be to make it "incredibly memorable" rather than relying on the programme's history.

"There might be a little bit of nostalgia," she explained. "But the aim and focus is ensuring that it is the best series ever. We want to make it incredibly memorable.

"We've got lots of exciting twists and tasks. Lots of exciting new things we are planning to happen. I don't think the emphasis will be on nostalgia, I think that will just come naturally. Our focus is just to make it amazing."

When asked what they were looking for in housemates, she replied: "I think it's people who are genuine. People who are 100% themselves. People who are full of life and have the enthusiasm for life. That comes across really well on screen."

Big Brother 11 starts on Wednesday, June 9 at 9pm on Channel 4.
You´re welcome!

calderyon
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja calderyon » 31 Touko 2010 12:51

newsoftheworld.co.uk kirjoitti:'Lunchbox' niece on BB box

Kuva
LUST EVER: Linford Christie's neice Rachel will be one of the last BB housemates

THE disgraced Miss England niece of Olympic legend Linford Christie is on the starting blocks for the last series of Big Brother.

We can reveal stunning Rachel Christie, 21, will be a housemate on the Channel 4 show, which starts next week.

She was the first black Miss England but was stripped of her crown last year over claims she assaulted a fellow beauty queen.

Controversial Rachel - an athlete who hopes to race at the 2012 Olympics - had a troubled start in life after her petty crook father was stabbed to death in a fight over cocaine.

A BB source said: "Rachel's background makes her a perfect candidate for Big Brother. She's sexy, sassy and with a real life story to tell."

Show bosses have kept the identities of the housemates a secret for the 11th and final series, which starts on June 9.

Kuva
LEGEND: Linford Christie

But we can reveal heptathlete Rachel - whose sprint champion uncle Linford was famously dubbed the Lunchbox after competing in super tight Lycra - will be included in the line-up.

The source added: "Rachel is no stranger to controversy. We think she will help make the final series unmissable television."

Rachel grew up in a council flat in West London, surrounded by violence. Her dad Russell was caught up in drugs, served time and was murdered in 1996 when Rachel was eight.

But she managed to make a better life for herself as a beauty queen and Olympic hopeful.

Speaking about her turbulent upbringing, Rachel has said: "You never forget your roots. My family and the loss of my dad have made me all that I am. I want to change my destiny - not live a life on benefits. I know I have to work hard. When you begin with very little, maybe you have to aim high."

Yet four months after winning the Miss England crown last July, leggy beauty Rachel was arrested. It was claimed she punched Miss Manchester, Sara Beverley Jones, 24, at a club after a row over Rachel's then boyfriend, TV Gladiator Tornado.

Kuva
DISGRACED: Rachel lost her Miss England crown after claims she assaulted a fellow beauty queen

Dreams

Rachel was stripped of her Miss England crown but the case was dropped in April.

Although her Miss World dreams were shattered, the promising athlete - who has competed at regional level - hopes to make it to the 2012 London Olympics and take part in the 400 metres and possibly the heptathlon.

But she'll be taking a detour into the Big Brother house first. Last night a pal said: "Rachel has had a more interesting life than most people so she will have plenty to talk about.

"She was distraught by everything that happened last year, but everyone deserves a second chance."
newsoftheworld.co.uk kirjoitti:Exclusive: BB reunited

Kuva

Don't they scrub up well? Even that Pete..

In this exclusive photo, ten previous Big Brother stars have been reunited in a photo shoot for new! magazine. All ten reveal what they've been up-to since leaving the show.

Jade Goody looks down from a picture on the wall, a haunting tribute to one of the show's best-loved stars.

Chanelle Hayes shows of her six months pregnancy bump as she holds her stomach in her hand.

Brian Dowling says "I want to have children" and Nadia reveals how she wants to now settle down.

- Read the full story in this week's new! Magazine - out today.

From left to right: Nadia Almada, Pete Bennet, Brian Dowling (BB2 Winner), Rex Newmark (BB9), Michelle Bass ( BB5), Jennifer Clarke (BB9), Nikki Grahame (BB7), Jade Goody (BB3), Brian Belo, Nick Bateman (BB1), Chanelle Hayes (BB7).
You´re welcome!

calderyon
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja calderyon » 31 Touko 2010 13:01

Total Big Brother kirjoitti:Former WAG among lineup?

Sophie dated Federico Macheda

Kuva

Sexy Sophie Houghton, an ex-WAG, is among the lineup for this summer’s series of Big Brother.

The busty 19 year old, who dated Manchester United striker Federico Macheda, is on the short list for the new series according to the Daily Star.

The Scouse babe has also been linked to JLS singer Aston Merrygold, and is ready to “spill the beans” on their relationship in the house.

A Big Brother ‘source’ told the rag: “We can’t wait to get Sophie into the house. She’s hot stuff and has plenty to say.

“We’re sure viewers will be glued to get more.”

Sophie broke up with footballer Federico after he was caught frolicking with another girl by the pool during a holiday in Sardinia.

Sophie said: “I thought the world of him. But he’s just a player, just like the rest of them.”

If rumours are true, Sophie will be one of 40 hopefuls competing for a housemate spot on launch night.
Total Big Brother kirjoitti:Big Brother 11 is a big game

40 wannabes to compete for a place

A popular news paper tabloid has today revealed possible plans for the launch night of Big Brother 11.

It is reported that housemates will not be having the the luxury of walking up the steps, photographed and entering the Big Brother house easy this year. Big Brother producers are anticipating being cruel and making 40 wannabes compete for a place in the house.

This is what the news paper had to say:

Big Brother’s final launch will be its most entertaining yet – for the 40 battling wannabes will all have the same NAMES. And each will have to compete in a task before winning one of the 16 places in the BB house. Our source said: “The idea is to have five people with the same name from the same area – five Sophie’s from Essex, five Scott’s from Manchester and so on. “Producers want to bemuse viewers so the series goes out with a bang.” Davina McCall will introduce the 40 when the last Channel4 series begins a week on Wednesday.

This sounds all very well and good, and could spice up Big Brother quite a lot. Also we would like to point out that the article states that it’s the last on Channel4. Could this mean that another channel will pick-up the series, as recent rumours would confirm.

Please take this with a pinch of salt, nothing has yet been confirmed. Let’s face it, it is just another tabloid.
Total Big Brother kirjoitti:Davina will go solo
...housemates to be afraid

Kuva

For the final series of Big Brother, producers of the show want Davina McCall to return to her old roots.

Big Brother 10 saw a big change in the format of Friday night interviewing evicted housemates. They would be whisked off to a studio and placed in front of a panel of celebrities and questioned on what, why, how, where, too many questions said one Big Brother boss.

The celebrity guests included Vanessa Feltz, Anthea Turner and comedian Iain Lee.

Now, Big Brother bosses will go back to the drawing board and write up a new plan, which will allow Davina to interview evictee’s solo and free up vital cash which will help make the show the best yet.

A show source said: “Last Summer we experimented with the format just to shake things up. But the reality is, it just didn’t work. “And privately Davina must of been fuming about having to share the stage with two extras”.

Since it’s the last series producers have decided to revert to form and have Davina back on her own again asking the housemates the questions we all want answered.

Big Brother 11 will start on the 9th of June 2010, and last for 94 days.
Total Big Brother kirjoitti:Pornstar to be BB11 housemate?

Three more guys linked to BB11

Kuva

A pornstar called Big Omar is set to be one of the Big Brother housemates this summer.

The 41 year old, who has been in more than 50 X-rated movies, will be going into the house according to the News of the World.

Omar, who also sells his services as a gigolo, calls himself a “very professional guy… who likes to meet people who are looking to spice up their lives”.

Producers reportedly hope Omar can spice up Channel 4’s last ever series. He says: “I never turn down a girl who is ready for action.”

Big Brother fans can also expect to see wannabe Mikey Fisher, ex-reality contestant James Green and club promoter Joe Cauthfield in the house, according to the Daily Star.

Mikey from Liverpool, 23, is desperate to get photos with any celebrity when he sees them. He’s also appeared in three movies as well as several adverts.

A friend said: “He’s a really talented guy as well as being a celeb chaser.”

James from London, 26, appeared on Channel 4 reality show Shipwrecked three years ago, where he enjoyed “X-rated romps” with a fellow contestant. Friends of James include BB8 winner Brian Belo.

A pal said: “James has closed his Facebook page down and told everyone he’s appearing on a reality TV show in South Africa, which obviously isn’t true.”

Would you like to see any of these people in the house?
You´re welcome!

calderyon
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja calderyon » 31 Touko 2010 18:44

Total Big Brother kirjoitti: Love nest in BB11 house?
Hut installed in garden

Kuva

The BB11 house will contain a sphere-shaped love nest, according to the Daily Star.

The newspaper says that a sphere-shaped hut has been installed in the garden, which will be a special nest “for lovebirds to romp in”.

The hut is reportedly made of wicker so that you can hear what’s going on inside, and producers hope it will be the setting for many shenanigans this summer.

A Channel 4 “insider” said: “If there’s one place in the house to go and have nookie this is it.

“It’s very cosy and we have every confidence there’ll be some love action in there. We’ve even fitted in a sneaky camera in so fans won’t miss any naughties.”

The Daily Star usually reports a “love nest/pod/shack” story every year, so please take the above information with a pinch of salt for now.

Big Brother returns to our screens on Wednesday 9th June at 9pm.
You´re welcome!

calderyon
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja calderyon » 01 Kesä 2010 02:11

Inside Big Brother kirjoitti:Press Pack – Big Brother 11

Inside Big Brother delves into the official press pack for BB11, which includes interviews with show host Davina McCall and Little Brother presenters Emma Willis and George Lamb.

The official Big Brother 11 press pack is an impressive 28 pages long, and features interviews with all of the show’s presenters, facts and figures from past series and international versions of the show, and some details about the upcoming series.

We’ve picked out some highlights for you to read. Below is the main bulk of the press pack. You can also read Davina’s interview, Emma’s interview and George’s interview.

Channel 4 have also released the official presenter images for Davina, based around a BB-museum theme.

BIG BROTHER RETURNS TO CHANNEL 4 FOR ONE FINAL HURRAH!

This summer the doors to TV’s most famous house open for one last time. The final selection of housemates will spend a summer in front of the cameras as the biggest television series of the past decade offers up its last dose of Big Brother to Channel 4.

True to form, Big Brother will not be leaving the limelight quietly but will be creating an almighty ruckus as all the stops are pulled out for a summer of frenetic, fascinating and fun-filled television.

Both housemates and viewers should expect some surprises including new twists and turns to the existing format, rewarding the housemates with what will inevitably be some of the most memorable, challenging and revealing weeks of their lives.

Cocooned from public opinion and the world outside, ultimately it’s the relationships the housemates build with each other that keep viewers hooked. No matter what Big Brother has in store, one thing that won’t change is that of the power of the fans to change the direction of the show. Each eviction night it is their votes that count, deciding which housemates to discard, and who to save.

Finally, as one housemate emerges triumphant, the doors will close on one of the most ground breaking, compelling, controversial and downright entertaining chapters of British television history.

Commissioning Editor for Channel 4 David Williams said: “This may be Big Brother’s swan song on Channel 4, but I can promise that it will be one hell of a chorus. Every idea that we have wanted to do with the show has been brought to the table. This is our chance to pull out all of the stops and ensure that Big Brother is remembered as the entertaining TV juggernaut that it is. “

Creative Director Phil Edgar Jones adds: “I have worked on Big Brother since the second series and every year it’s thrown up new surprises, its capacity to surprise, delight, make you gasp and make you laugh never ceases to amaze me. One thing I’ve learned over the years is that no matter what Big Brother has planned something unexpected always happens.

He added “I am very excited by this year’s mixed bag of housemates, and when they move into their brand new Big Brother house they need to be prepared for Big Brother to have a lot of fun with them.”

Throughout the series E4 will continue to be the home of the ultimate fanzine shows Big Brother’s Little Brother and Big Brother’s Big Mouth, while fans can also keep up-to-date online with breaking news, and sneak a peak at the latest footage via the official website http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother
Inside Big Brother kirjoitti:Press Pack – Davina’s Interview

The Big Brother 11 press pack contains interviews with all of the show’s presenters, including Davina McCall who says she “always gets nervous” when hosting the show.

DAVINA McCALL INTERVIEW

By Benjie Goodhart

When Big Brother first burst onto our screens in 2000, a young, enthusiastic presenter called Davina McCall was at the helm. Ten years on and with the show approaching its curtain call, she’s still at the helm, still looks youthful, and is, if anything, more enthusiastic than ever. The Big Brother story has also been the Davina McCall story, the two inextricably linked from first to last. If life without Big Brother will seem strange, Big Brother without Davina would have been unthinkable.

Here, Davina looks back at the rollercoaster ride that kept a nation transfixed, was never short of controversy, and changed the face of television forever.

The last Big Brother is upon us! Going back ten years, what do you remember about the opening night of the first ever Big Brother?

I’ve been doing a lot of reminiscing and looking back – I’m full of nostalgia this year, looking back at everything that’s happened in all the past series. And I’ve been talking about series one. I don’t remember a huge amount. The first episode of the first ever series, I was just trying to do what the producer wanted me to do. The housemates had already been in the house for four days, so there was a little bit of a buzz about it, but I was too busy being petrified, I think, to really think about anything other than putting one foot in front of the other and trying not to swear.

At what point did you realise that what you were dealing with was really going to become a massive phenomenon?

I think pretty quickly. The buzz around the first few days got bigger and bigger and bigger. People loved the fact that this big press thing was brewing and the housemates were totally oblivious to it. There was something rather delicious about the fact that there were all these lovely housemates cocooned away from this huge furore that was happening on the outside. Looking back on the first series I think is hilarious now. Our housemates now think they get bored, but our housemates in the first series literally did nothing. They got one task a week, and that task had to last them the whole week. And that’s all they did. Our housemates now are up and at ‘em from the moment they wake up. They must have gone nuts. Nowadays if that went on telly, people would think “Jesus, this is the most boring thing I’ve ever seen in my life!” But back then it was groundbreaking.

Big Brother has changed the face of television, but how has the show itself changed over the years?

I suppose it’s changed in a lot of different ways. One of the things I think is really clever is that Big Brother reserves the right to change the rules at any time, so Big Brother is forever morphing, even during a series. The right to change the rules means we can do anything we want. We can change the way housemates go in, we can change the way they come out, we can change the style of the exit interviews – we tried that last year, with a couple of extra people on the panel. We’re reverting back to just me and the housemate this year. The show has changed every series. But the main thing is they just do a lot more. There are a lot more tasks, a lot more housemates – there were only ten in the first series, and we can now have anything up to 15 or 20 going into the house over a series, with all the newbies and stuff like that. And we’ve gone to hell, we’ve gone back to basics, we’ve gone complicated again. I’ve never got bored – even in series 4, when everyone was like “This is so dull, everybody’s so nice!” For me, even in series 4 I was addicted.

You’ve said before that you’ve seen so much of Big Brother that you think you know how to win it. How would you go about it?

If I was a punter on Big Brother, first off, when I was doing my audition, I’d impress Big Brother within the first ten seconds. You’ve got to do something or say something or be different enough for them to say “Oh, you’re interesting.” It’s not good enough just to be kooky or weird, you have to be interesting. I always think they’re looking for multi-layered personalities. When you get in there, I would say hang back for the first couple of weeks. Hang back, get to know people, watch a little bit from the outside, let all the really big characters annoy everybody. I always think that the people who are really loud right at the beginning are the first out. I hate people who run around talking to the cameras all the time. I don’t want you to start having a commentary with Big Brother. Once in a blue moon this is appropriate, but not for joking or jesting. It’s not clever, it’s not funny, don’t do it. Secondly, don’t break the rules. Don’t tell people things from the outside world. Tim ‘Comprondez’ really upset me that year when he went in and told them straightaway what was happening in the World Cup – I couldn’t wait for him to be out, because it really annoyed me. And there’s a part of me that would say “Don’t be too much of a peacekeeper – if there’s a stonking argument going on, please don’t go in and just break it up, because I do quite enjoy watching something and see it resolve itself. There are people who can’t bear a cross word. Just let it happen. And the other really important thing is, use the diary room. A lot. Because we want to know how you’re feeling, and Big Brother wants to know how you’re feeling. You get a dynamic in the diary room – when someone’s looking down the lens, you feel connected to that housemate. And the public need to feel connected to you if you’re going to win it. And have a reason to be in there, rather than just being a wannabe. Like, I loved Nadia’s reason for being in there.

Wow. You’ve really thought about how to win it, haven’t you?

I’ve had a lot of time to think about it!

Do you ever get nervous before eviction nights?

Always. I always get nervous, because it’s live, and things go wrong. Or the dress run might have gone on too long and we might not have much time and we’ve only got 45 minutes to do hair and make up and get dressed and go live. But it’s never nerves that are crippling. Now, literally the moment I open my mouth I’m in it and I’m enjoying it. Those nerves go after I’ve said “Welcome to Big Brother.” Or, actually, they go when I hear the music, and I get excited and start pogo-ing on a stage, with everyone else in the audience all jumping around.

Looking back over a decade of Big Brother, is there anything you’d do differently? Any interviews you’d change, any questions you’d ask, any outfits you wouldn’t have worn, anything at all?

There’s one thing that I said to Katia at the end of her interview that I feel a bit bad about. She said “You wanted to go in and change people’s perception of you. Do you think you’ve done that?” And she said “Oh, I don’t care,” or whatever, and I got annoyed, and I went “Well, you didn’t.” And that was mean. It was my own personal feelings, and she’s not a bad girl, and she’s a young girl, and I left, and I thought “That was a bit mean.” I’m not in the business of being mean – I want to get the best out of people, I want to get the truth out of people, I want people to reveal things about themselves, but I don’t want to be mean. And I haven’t watched Makosi’s interview back, but there was a bit of a furore about me being mean to her. When I left that interview, I thought she’d behaved worse than I had, but if I was mean to her as well I apologise for that. And one last regret – that the Kinga bottle incident ever made it to air.

How has Big Brother changed your life?

Oh God. Big Brother has been the biggest godsend for me and my career. It’s made me, in my work. I have also presented a couple of turkeys in my time that I have been presenting Big Brother, and going back to Big Brother has always made the nation forgive me quite quickly, and I’m so grateful for that. And I’ve made some lifelong friends, who I’ll be friends with forever. God, it’s so much more than a gameshow!

The following are questions sent in by members of the public for Davina to answer:

Dylan Mills: Are you going to make the last Big Brother go out with a bang?

Of course I am! It’s going to be massive. Massive, naughty, bad, great, good, evil, happy, fun, outrageous.

Sharon Forbes: I’ve got no doubt that you’re going to be extremely upset on the final night. During those last few minutes when you say goodbye to Big Brother forever, will you just let the tears flow, or are you going to try your hardest not to break down? Personally, I reckon you should just sob your heart out. I know I will.

You never know what’s going to happen, but my feeling is that I might cry in the day while it’s happening. I think I’ll probably do most of my sobbing either in the day or afterwards. When I found out that Big Brother was finishing, they’d called me and told me that week, and then it had been announced in the press a couple of days later. And was still a bit upset, and then I went out on Friday night, and I felt like the crowd gave a bit of an extra cheer when I walked out, before the cameras were rolling, and I had a little moment then, a little tear trickle down my face. It’s that support you feel from people.

Tony Dixon: Would you consider going back in the house this summer?

Yes, yes, yes! But they won’t have me, I’ve done it. But it was great! Tweet tweet.
You´re welcome!

calderyon
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja calderyon » 01 Kesä 2010 02:18

Inside Big Brother kirjoitti:Press Pack – Emma’s Interview

The Big Brother 11 press pack contains interviews with all of the show’s presenters, including new-girl-on-the-block Emma Willis who admits to being an “obsessive Big Brother freak”.

EMMA WILLIS INTERVIEW

By Benjie Goodhart

This summer, for the final series of Big Brother’s Little Brother, George Lamb will be sharing presenting duties with Emma Willis. But the model-turned-TV-presenter won’t need lengthy briefings on the show’s subject matter – she’s something of a Big Brother obsessive. Here, she reveals why this is her dream job, what her favourite ever Big Brother moments are, and how her wedding almost had a Big Brother theme…

You’re presenting the new series of Big Brother’s Little Brother with George Lamb. You’re more than qualified to talk about Big Brother, aren’t you?

Yeah, I’m a bit of an obsessive Big Brother freak. From when it started, really. The first one, when Craig won, I got hooked then, and I’ve watched every single one since then – even year four, which not many people talk about.

Davina says she’s seen every single episode that’s ever been broadcast. How do you fare on that scale?

I’d say pretty much the same. I’m one of those people who tapes it when I go on holiday, and I catch up when I get back. I was pregnant when it was on last summer, and then after I gave birth it was pretty difficult to watch it, but I caught up. Even if I miss two weeks and then I watch it, I still watch the two weeks I’ve missed even if I’ve seen the latest episode. So I watch it back-to-front, but I have to see every episode.

So in all that time spent watching Big Brother, who have been your favourite housemates?

I really loved Alex Sibley, I thought he was a brilliant housemate. Kate Lawler was amazing, Brian Dowling was possibly the best housemate they ever had. Jade Goody had the most classic one-liners in the whole 11 years. I really loved the Stuart and Michelle romance, I thought Victor was brilliant, he really mixed things up. Nikki Grahame was brilliant. Last year I liked quite a few – Charlie I really liked, he was just a really nice guy. Nasty Nick – you can’t help but love the original baddie. And then Craig, for being the first winner, and winning it basically because he was a really nice guy.

Have there been any you didn’t like, for one reason or another?

I didn’t like Charley – she was just far too mouthy for my liking. Who else? I didn’t dislike Rachel at all, I just didn’t think she was a worthy winner. I don’t think she did enough to win. But there aren’t many who I’ve not liked.

What have been your favourite moments?

Alex Sibley behind the door, when he popped his collar up and started singing. Kate Lawler, when she was really drunk and tried to put loads of clothes on and fell over. And one of my favourite tasks was when Emma and Michelle went into that bedsit and watched everything. That was incredible. And I loved the boxes task, when they all had to stay in their boxes for as long as possible. The tree from Celebrity Big Brother earlier this year I thought was genius. There are so many to pick from.

Going back to your level of obsession with Big Brother – is it true you wanted to have a diary room at your wedding?

Yes! You know you have a book at your wedding where people write notes? I just thought it would be nice to have people record messages. But I didn’t do it because the marquee cost enough, and to add an extra room onto it was just extortionate. So it was purely a cost reason. But the guy who videoed our wedding, I did tell him I needed a Big Brother moment where he’d get people to record their messages. But I didn’t go the whole way and have a diary room. It would have been brilliant.

You and Matt have a baby daughter, Isabelle. How are you going to cope with the challenge of combining motherhood with all of your presenting duties?

We are really lucky as our families and friends can help out. I think I’ve just got to get her involved! I might even take her with me sometimes. She came up last summer with me, when I was a guest on Little Brother, and George was just brilliant with her. And she came up in January when I did Celebrity BBLB. So maybe she’ll become part of the Big Brother family too!

You’ve mentioned that you’ve been a guest on BBLB before. Will that make it easier, or just make it a bit weird?

I think I’ve been a guest on every series of Little Brother. It’s not weird. It’s my dream job. I couldn’t ask for any more. Being such a fan of the show, and now being a part of it was well – I’m just so overwhelmed and overjoyed. I hope it’s not too weird, I hope I can enjoy it as much presenting as I do being a guest on it, because it’s such a fun show. I’m so excited. And it’s going to be really nice working with George, I’m really looking forward to that. I’ve met him numerous times coming on the show, and we always get on really well. I screen-tested with him years ago for a different job, and we got on brilliantly. Can’t wait actually – he’s one person I’ve always wanted to do a show with.

You’ve presented Big Brother’s Big Mouth before. That show always looks like complete anarchy.

It is, but it’s so much fun, because you never know what’s going to happen. You don’t know what anyone’s going to say. And the people in there are die hard Big Brother fans, the people you really want to be debating the issue of the day with. I did a week a few years ago and loved it, and in January when Davina went into the house I stepped in for her. That was a real honour, to have her job for the evening. As a Big Brother fan it’s brilliant to do, because you’re surrounded by other Big Brother fans, and you can just have a crazy Big Brother evening together.

Loads of the TV stuff you’ve done over the years has been live. Do you enjoy the buzz of live TV?

I do. Working on TV full stop is fantastic, and I enjoy it immensely, but live TV is just great, because you never know what’s going to happen, it’s spontaneous, anything could go wrong at any point. You just don’t know what’s going to happen, and that uncertainty gives you a real buzz. You’re nervous, but that nervousness keeps you on your toes.

Have you had any horrifically embarrassing moments on live TV?

The worst one was when I was doing TRL [Total Request Live, on MTV] in Leicester Square with Dave Berry and Alex Zane. We were about to do a competition link where people won tickets to a movie premiere. We went to an ad break, and I had the opening line, and I was standing next to Dave, and I was checking that I had my cue cards and my tickets, and then in my ear they counted down “Five, four, three, two, one, cue Emma…” And I put my hand up to my mouth and started to speak, except that I’d forgotten the microphone, and there was nothing there. Dave just looked at me and pissed himself laughing. I was talking to my fist. As a presenter, you don’t have many things you have to remember. A microphone is quite important, though! I quite like things like that, though – it keeps it real.

Who’s the biggest star that you’ve interviewed in your TV work?

It’s got to be someone like Will Smith or Harrison Ford.

Have you interviewed anyone who’s been really awful?

Yes, I have, a couple of people. But I’m not going to mention any names, because maybe they were just having a bad day, and I caught them at a bad time. Everyone’s entitled to have a bad day once in a while. If someone’s being quite rude and doesn’t want to be there, I just ask my questions, spend the time there that I have to, be as polite as I possibly can, and leave as fast as I can.

What ambitions do you have left in TV?

My biggest ambition is just to do this [TV presenting] for as long as possible. This is what I want to do for my career now. Just to be able to stay in it. Any job is hard, especially at the moment, and to hold a job down in the current climate is my ambition at the moment.

Davina reckons she’s seen so much of Big Brother that she knows how to win it. If you were to go in as a housemate, how would you play it?

I dunno. It’s a tricky one, you can have a think about what games to play and how to come across, you can go in and try and get involved and be part of the storyline and really plan things out, or you can just go in and be yourself, and hope that’s enough. I think I’d probably just end up going in there and trying to be myself. A lot of it probably depends on who you’re in there with anyway. I always swore that I’d never go in the house, I love watching it but you’d have to be crazy to go in there. But then in January I got to actually go in the house filming for some online content, and I just found myself thinking “Oh my God, I want to be in here!”

Big Brother has been such a big part of your life. What will you do with your summer nights when it’s all over?

I dunno, man! Endemol and Channel 4 better come up with a new show, because I need something to watch. Either that or I’ll have to go on a really long holiday just to cope with the loss.
Inside Big Brother kirjoitti:Press Pack – George’s Interview

The BB11 press pack contains interviews with all of the show’s presenters, including George Lamb who says that the producers intend to “push the boundaries of what we’ve seen before”.

GEORGE LAMB INTERVIEW

By Benjie Goodhart

This summer, Big Brother returns for one last, loud and lengthy hurrah, and with it, as ever, is its cheeky and irreverent younger sibling, Big Brother’s Little Brother. At the helm once again will be George Lamb (alongside new presenter and Big Brother obsessive Emma Willis). Here, George looks forward to a fantastic summer, looks back on his favourite moments over the show’s history, and reveals why real men can still cry.

So, George, what can you reveal about what’s in store for us with the last ever Big Brother this summer?

There’s nothing I can tell you yet! What I do know is that they’re going to be pulling out all the stops with the show this year. I think the intention is to really push the boundaries of what we’ve seen before, and make the most of it and create something really special. Something that hopefully people will not have seen before. With that remit in mind, it goes right across the board to Little Brother and everything else. It’s the end of an era – arguably the most important TV format of all time – and it’s got to go out with an absolute humungous bang.

There are a few changes afoot on BBLB, aren’t there?

Yeah, the same thing applies to the show as to Big Brother – it’s going to be different this year. They’re completely ripping up the rule book. We’re not going to have a live audience, we’re not going to have loads of games, its going to go back a bit more to being a real behind-the-scenes look at the show. It will be the first port of call for real opinions and real inside info, and for the up-to-the-minute reports on what’s going on. In the past, my foil has often been the audience, and if they’re not there, me sitting there giving opinions on my own isn’t really going to run. So we’ve got Emma Willis coming on board to present the show with me. I love Emma, she’s fantastic, we’ve worked together brilliantly every time she’s come on the show, and I’m really looking forward to working with her and creating something fantastic. We’re going to have a lot of fun together.

What have bent her moments you’ve enjoyed the most on BBLB?

When you’re locked into BBLB it’s such an intense schedule, and you’re pushing so hard the whole time, you kind of pop out the other side and thing “Whoa, did that all just happen?” So my favourite bits are when, every year, at the end of the series, we do a best bits collage, and you get this quick-fire run-through of what’s happened during the series. So watching those often makes me well-up a little bit. That retrospective at the end of the summer is often my favourite bit – everything that’s gone on, all the funny people that have come on the show, the bits that have worked, the bits that haven’t worked, getting bitten by wolves, machines not working when they’re meant to, housemates running at the glass when you’re in the camera runs. That’s the nature of live television, and that’s what I love about it – the fact that it is so spontaneous and so bonkers and anything can happen. The unpredictable side of the show is what I love most about it.

One of the key elements of BBLB is the guests you have on. Who have been the best and worst that you’ve had on?

Lisa from Big Brother 9 came on – and she’s not the only one this happened to. People who go on Big Brother are often superfans to the nth degree. So when they find themselves on Little Brother, they can’t quite cope. They’re in some weird, surreal virtual world. You ask them a question, and they’re just sitting there taking it all in. They’re looking around them, seeing the wall of TVs, looking at something else, and they’re in a haze of wonderment. So they can’t really take in what you’re saying. That always makes for what you might call an ‘interesting’ interview. Boyz II Men were great, it was a lot of fun having them on – we got them all singing and getting involved, and they’d only turned up five minutes before, they had no idea what was going on. They were really good guys. Having Dirk Benedict on was pretty cool, because I always wanted to be Face when I was growing up. So that was a pretty cool experience. And I love having Iain Lee and Rick Edwards on, I really enjoy working with them.

You’ve mentioned the live element of the show, and the fact that anything can happen. Have you ever said anything or done anything that you wish you could change?

To be totally honest with you, that’s my job – to not say the wrong thing, and not buckle. If you’re going to be a proper television presenter, then you need to be able to do live properly, and there was nowhere in Britain I could have gained this kind of experience with such a cutting edge show. And I’ve now got 200 live shows under my belt, which at this stage in my career is pretty impressive. Watching myself from the first day I did it to how I do it now really is interesting. Things can be going wrong and falling down all around you, and your job as the presenter is to keep focus and make sure everything’s cool, keep a calm head. More often than not, everything’s going absolutely fine, but when you earn your money is when things are going wrong.

So do you think you’ve improved as a presenter having gained all that experience?

Yeah. I think in life you have to improve and evolve all the time. It would be pretty disappointing if you just stayed at the same level. Wayne Rooney has been a world class footballer for donkey’s years now, but this season he’s really come into his own and he could be the best in the world. So even those guys who are absolutely at the pinnacle of their game still have to push it on. I hope I keep improving, I hope I get twice as good as I am now. Nothing beats experience. You’ve got to put the time in and have things go wrong. There’s no substitute for that.

In Celebrity Big Brother, Davina snuck into the house. Would you like to do that, and if so, what costume would you wear?

I’d probably have to go in as a massive sheep/lamb thing – I know it’s super-basic, but that’s okay. Or maybe a giant bow tie. I’d love to go in there, and who knows what we’ll do on the last run.

You’ve said before that you’ll probably shed a tear when Big Brother comes to an end this year. Will you do that on screen?

Let’s hope so – a real tear-jerker. I’m pretty in touch with my emotions – crying’s just a release of tension, and I don’t have a problem with it. Anything you put your heart and soul into in life, when I comes to an end it’s sad. There’s a natural progression, and shutting one door will allow another to open, but it’s still sad. I was sad when I moved from weekdays to weekends on the radio – even though I’d decided to do it – I was crying on air when we did that, because it had been such a big part of my life. And it’s pretty much the same team on Big Brother and on Little Brother every year, so you become family. It’s the end of an era, so of course it will be sad.

Have you given any thought yet to what you’ll say when you sign off for the last time?

Not a sausage. I’ve got about 14 weeks to figure it out. I’ll hopefully come up with something wonderfully profound. Watch this space.

What’s been the best thing about presenting BBLB?

The best thing has been being part of something that’s as significant as Big Brother – it’s a world-recognised leader of conceptual television, and to be part of anything like that is fantastic. It’s a phenomenon, and to have been part of that and to have played just a small part in it has been a real honour. And I’ve got to work with some incredible people. It’s been such a lovely adventure, I’m gutted it’s coming to an end. But we’ve got one more summer to go, so let’s make the most of that.
You´re welcome!

calderyon
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja calderyon » 01 Kesä 2010 02:24

bbspy.co.uk kirjoitti:Davina publicity images released

Channel 4 has released six Big Brother 11 promotional images of live show and Big Mouth presenter Davina McCall.

Most of the shots feature Davina posing among various items from previous series of the show, including the Diary Room chair from BB1 and a shiny red suit from BB9’s electric shock task.

Backdrops of the BB1-10 eye logos and her catchphrase “Big Brother house, this is Davina: you are live on Channel 4, please do not swear” can also be seen.

In addition, there is one image of McCall against a plain white background.

Kuva

Kuva

Kuva

Kuva

Kuva

Kuva

Solo images of Little Brother presenters Emma Willis and George Lamb were release last week, alongside a group shot of the trio.
You´re welcome!

calderyon
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja calderyon » 02 Kesä 2010 00:29

Total Big Brother kirjoitti:Davina wants live feed back
She also wants better web presence

Kuva

Davina McCall has revealed that she would like the live feed back for Big Brother 11.

Channel 4 axed the 24/7 live feed a couple of years ago, claiming that viewing figures weren’t good enough. Since then, fans have petitioned for it to return but to no avail.

Speaking to Heat magazine, Davina said: “As a viewer, I want the live streaming back. We didn’t have it last year and I really missed it. I’d also like to see us have a major presence on the web.”

Schedules for the first two days of the upcoming series suggest that there will only be around one hour of daytime feed per day, about the same as last year.

Speaking about Big Brother 11 in general, she added: “I know they’ll be thinking outside of the box, pulling every every single trick they have up their sleeve, so it’s going to be a fascinating, funny series.

“I spoke to the producer and he told me a couple of things that I can’t tell you, but I just said, ‘Oh my God!’

“I want the housemates to have the time of their lives.”

Big Brother returns on Wednesday 9th June at 9pm.
Total Big Brother kirjoitti: Supposed launch night plans revealed

Kuva

Today Inside Soap, a magazine that focuses on British television has revealed supposed launch night plans.

Here is what they had to say;

Oh Brother! – While we’re always excited to see a new batch of housemates entering the famous compound in Elstree, it’s a bittersweet moment this year, as this is to be the final series of Big Brother.Let’s hope she show’s got plenty of ideas stuffed up it’s all knowing sleeves to really go out in style. Details of the new intake were still tightly guarded as we went to press, but a persistent rumour is that the initial selection will include more people than can be realistically fit into the house. The group will be called to the studio, where they will find out live from Davina whether or not they’ve made it into the house or not. If not, they’ll simply be sent home with their dreams of round-the-clock observation in tatters…

This information supports our previous article on the launch night plans, of Big Brother 11 being a big game.

Producers would be taking a huge risk by changing the format of the launch night. Do you reckon this change will be for the good, or just make Big Brother sink even further to it’s grave?

Remember, Big Brother 11 kicks off next Wednesday, 9th June at 9pm on Channel 4 for the final ever time.
You´re welcome!

calderyon
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja calderyon » 02 Kesä 2010 22:18

Total Big Brother kirjoitti:Big Brother Schedule – Date of first Eviction?
First Eviction?

As you all already know, the launch of the last ever Big Brother is on Wednesday the 9th of June, from 9PM to 10.35PM.

However we though we’d give you the heads up of when Big Brother will be shown during the first two weeks. Once again it seems that Channel 4 can’t make up their minds whether or not the show should air at 9pm or 10pm.

We have also noticed that, on Friday the 18th there is an extra long show, instead of two, the normal format.

Wednesday 9th (LAUNCH): 9.00 – 10.35PM | Live Feed: 1.30 – 5.15AM
Thursday 10th: 10.00 – 11.10PM | Live Feed: 1.10 – 3.30AM
Friday 11th: 21.00 - 22.00PM | Live Feed: 1.25 – 3.35AM
Saturday 12th: 9.45 – 10.50PM | Live Feed: 1.10 – 3.45AM
Sunday 13th: 9.00 – 10.00PM | Live Feed: 1.05 – 4.35AM
Monday 14th: 10.00-11.15PM | Live Feed: 1.25 – 5.25AM
Tuesday 15th: 10.00-11.10PM | Live Feed: 1.05 – 3.25AM
Wednesday 16th: 9.00-10.00PM | Live Feed: 12.50 – 4.00AM
Thursday 17th: 9.00-10.00PM | Live Feed: 1.20-3.30AM
Friday 18th (EVICTION) – 9.35 – 11.15PM | Live Feed: 1.05 – 3.35AM
Total Big Brother kirjoitti:Burnley model for BB11?
Model is 1 of 40 contestants...

Kuva

Danielle Laws, a glamour model from Bunley will be entering the Big Brother house next Wednesday, rumours suggest today.

With only 20 contestants entering on Wednesday, the daughter of Brian Laws, a retired footballer and manager of Burnley F.C, is said to be one of the 40 contestants that the public will have to choose from via a phone vote on launch night.
Total Big Brother kirjoitti: New Behind The Scenes Images
A few sneaky pics!

Today, Big Brother released a few, behind the screnes pictures from the work that is currently happening on the most famous house in Britain. The Big Brother house situated at Elstee Stuido’s.

Total Big Brother have managed to snatch up the pictures for you guys, so check them out below and let us know what you think!

Kuva
You WILL do as Big Brother tells you…

Kuva
It looks like work on the BB house is nearly finished…

Kuva
The all new…BBLB Tower! This is where BBLB will be coming live from on Launch night. 6PM, 9th June on E4!

Kuva
The New Backdrop…

Kuva
Well…Well…Well…What do we have here, then? This wasn’t here last year… could this be for the speculated Launch night Twist?
You´re welcome!

Vastaa Viestiin

Palaa sivulle “Big Brother UK”