Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack

Spencer
Ylläpitäjä

Viesti Kirjoittaja Spencer » 16 Joulu 2007 23:33

Daily Star kirjoitti: TELLY HOUSE IS HIJACKED

THIS is the new layout to the Big Brother house which will return to our TV screens next month for Celebrity Hijack.

The Daily Star Sunday has got its hands on top-secret plans for the new show, which Big Brother bosses didn't want you to see.

Celebrity Hijack is replacing Celebrity Big Brother after last year's race row involving Jade Goody, 26, and Shilpa Shetty, 32.

Unlike previous Celebrity Big Brothers, where the famous faces were housemates, this year celebrity guests will appear to take the role of Big Brother himself.

They will boss around and play tricks on a group of "young gifted people" who will be battling it out in the famous house in Elstree Studios, Herts.

And we can exclusively reveal that:

* Eight hopefuls, including a contestant called Jackie, who looks like gobby BB8 bitch Charley Uchea, 22, will compete for the £50,000 first prize.

* Angus Deayton, 51, and horse racing pundit John McCririck, 67, have been added to the list of celebs, including Matt Lucas, 33, and Joan Rivers, 74, who will boss the wannabes around.

* A gym has been added to the down-sized house, which is more basic than ever before.

X Factor host Dermot O'Leary, 34, will replace Davina McCall, 40, to present the month-long series which kicks off on Channel 4 on January 3.

Grunge

Show bosses have tried to keep details of the new format under lock and key but your favourite Sunday newspaper has been able to hijack their plans.

We can reveal the housemates will be made up of five men and three women. The boys include a Chinese lad called Eugene, a grunge kid called Chris and a gay mixed-race boy called Jay.

Bosses are also trying to capitalise on BB bitch Charley Uchea by putting in a lookalike called Jackie, who they hope will clash with goth chick Holly.

The unknown wannabes will then be put through their paces by celebs such as Cheryl Baker, 53, with the public
voting off two losers a week.

Our mole said: "After the worldwide storm surrounding Celebrity Big Brother it was decided to totally change the format.

"This way, although there will be celebrity guests, they won't be cooped up in the house together. Instead of being bossed around by Big Brother, they will be doing the bossing.

"It is basically a normal Big Brother but with a twist.

"It will last for just four weeks, unlike the usual 12. Plus it will move to E4 after its opening night screening on C4. You could say that it is a bit of an experiment."

Our insider also lifted the lid on the new-look house saying: "This year the bedroom is green with council estate images painted on the walls.

"Although there are only eight contestants there are still 12 beds but the wannabes will have to sleep in sleeping bags and not duvets. A lot of the furniture, including the bath in the lounge and caravan, have been removed.

"The pool has also been replaced with a small hot tub. There is a large monoprint featuring a cameraman on the garden wall and one of a shopping trolley on the lounge wall.

"The secret rooms have been removed, while the oven and fridge have returned to the kitchen."

** Celebrity Hijack is on Channel 4 on January 3 before moving to E4 for a four-week run.
Parhaat asukkaat: 1. Aleisha 2. Nikki (1982-2021 RIP) 3. Paul 4. Dick 5. Charlotte

Parhaat kaudet: 1. BBAU7 2. BBUK9 3. BBUS8 4. BBAU4 5. BBCAN4

Spencer
Ylläpitäjä

Viesti Kirjoittaja Spencer » 19 Joulu 2007 14:44

Digital Spy kirjoitti: McLaren to star in 'Celebrity Hijack'

Malcolm McLaren is to star in Big Brother Celebrity Hijack, according to The Sun.

The music mogul is believed to have signed up for the E4 show, which will replace Celebrity Big Brother.

He pulled out of I'm A Celebrity... at the last minute last month, claiming that the programme is fixed and contestants are bullied by the producers.

McLaren and stars including Little Britain's Matt Lucas will take on the role of Big Brother in the show, setting tasks for a group of "extremely talented but ordinary" people aged between 18 and 21.

A show insider said: "We have Malcolm on board - something ITV couldn't do"

Big Brother Celebrity Hijack launches on January 3 on E4.
Parhaat asukkaat: 1. Aleisha 2. Nikki (1982-2021 RIP) 3. Paul 4. Dick 5. Charlotte

Jaake
Kunniajäsen

Viesti Kirjoittaja Jaake » 19 Joulu 2007 18:33

Käsi ylös joka odottaa tätä oikeasti. Minä en. Harmi että Dermotin täytyy lähteä tällä tavalla.. voin kertoa ettei tämä tule olemaan varmaan kovin suuri menestys.

Spencer
Ylläpitäjä

Viesti Kirjoittaja Spencer » 19 Joulu 2007 18:41

Itse odotan avoimin mielin, mitä tuleman pitää.. Julkkis BB:n olisin kyllä mielelläni nähnyt tämän tilalla, mutta tutkitaan nyt ennen kuin hutkitaan.

Jaake
Kunniajäsen

Viesti Kirjoittaja Jaake » 19 Joulu 2007 18:44

Itse olisin ehdottomasti halunnut uuden BB Panton, mutta minkäs teet. Aika näyttää.

Spencer
Ylläpitäjä

Viesti Kirjoittaja Spencer » 19 Joulu 2007 18:52

Jaake kirjoitti:Itse olisin ehdottomasti halunnut uuden BB Panton, mutta minkäs teet. Aika näyttää.
Komppaan täysillä! Mutta BB Panto taisi olla valitettavasti vain sellainen one-off -tyyppinen ohjelma. En usko, että jatkoa seuraa koskaan.. :(

Spencer
Ylläpitäjä

Viesti Kirjoittaja Spencer » 22 Joulu 2007 13:23

Digital Spy kirjoitti: Big Brother's Celebrity Hijackers revealed

Little Britain star Matt Lucas will be among the famous faces taking part in Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack next month.

8 Out of 10 Cats host Jimmy Carr, artists Jake and Dinos Chapman, Bo' Selecta! character Keith Lemon (played by Leigh Francis) and comedienne Joan Rivers will also be taking on the role of Big Brother for the show.

As previously reported, music mogul Malcolm McLaren has also signed up, along with art critic Brian Sewell and ex-footballer Ian Wright.

The series, which features young and "gifted" housemates being guided by the celebrity guests, starts on E4 on January 3.

Spencer
Ylläpitäjä

Viesti Kirjoittaja Spencer » 22 Joulu 2007 19:43

Official press release:

It's one of the most coveted jobs in television, and now a bunch of celebrities are about to hijack it. Making rules, creating mayhem, setting both sublime and ridiculous tasks, taking away food as punishment - who wouldn't want to be Big Brother?

In January's E4 series Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack, Big Brother has kindly agreed to let some showbiz guests have a go in the hot seat. The identity of the celebs taking part remains tightly under wraps, but their aim will be simple: putting their stamp on the activities in the Big Brother house and generally causing mischief.

Dermot O'Leary will preside over the live eviction shows and his popular Big Brother's Little Brother, while James Corden and Mathew Horne take the reigns on Big Brother's Big Mouth where all the antics of the Celebrity Hijackers and the housemates will be dissected.

And these are no ordinary housemates - Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack will feature a group of exceptional, young housemates. Big Brother has combed the UK for the hottest young artists, athletes, musicians, entrepreneurs and dons of every other field, to assemble a cast of pure prodigies, who will play for a £50,000 prize fund.

So how will these gifted housemates, who have excelled in the real world, cope living under the guidance of Big Brother and the Celebrity Hijackers? And how will the hijackers perform, knowing that they are being given the chance of a lifetime to control what happens in the most famous house in Britain?
Big Brother, who will work side-by-side with the Celebrity Hijackers when they make their appearances, had these words of warning for those gearing up to take on the BB mantle: "Big Brother would like to remind all potential Celebrity Hijackers that with power comes responsibility. You are responsible not only for setting tasks, maintaining control in the house, handing out punishments and being a good listener in the Diary Room. You are responsible for making this a series to remember. Big Brother will be watching you."

When the new housemates enter the house in January they'll find it revamped from the summer series. The E4 purple will feature heavily in the colour scheme and gone are the pillow-fight-friendly beds that sleep 4 or 5, to be replaced by single beds. The surreal, split kitchen will be put back together again, and the pool will be replaced with a more intimate hot tub.

More surprises will be in store, but viewers will have to wait for launch night to find out what other tricks are up Big Brother's sleeve. With a host of cheeky Celebrity Hijackers waiting in the wings, ready and willing to make the rules, bend the rules and even break the rules, E4 is set to be the home of mischief-making and mayhem this January.

House info:

There's a new bunch of housemates on their way, and a host of showbiz names gearing up to hijack Big Brother's role, so what better time to give the Big Brother house an E4-style spruce up?

In readiness for the start of Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack, the living area has been on the receiving end of a big splat of E4 purple paint and the sofas have also been updated with the E4 purple colour scheme.
In an arty nod to stencil-style graffiti, various pictures adorn the walls throughout the house, including a cheeky monkey in the bedroom and a very chilled out cameraman in the garden. Is that really what goes on behind those mirrors?

In the bedroom, housemates can forget they are surrounded 24 hours a day by cameras as they gaze up at the urban cityscape on the walls around them. Will viewers be able to guess which British city the picture was taken in? And gone is the 4-in-a-bed set-up of summer, as there are now 12 single beds.
Also new to the house is a gym, so the group of exceptional, young housemates have somewhere they can keep fit... or sweat out any house tensions. And they can be distracted by the alpine-themed decorative walls while having a workout on the running machine or cross-trainer.

Happily for any culinary-inclined housemates, the kitchen has now been put back together since the summer when the fridge was in the garden and the oven in the bedroom. Also back in its right place is the bath, which is returned to the house bathroom.

And it wouldn't be the Big Brother house without some outdoor water-based shenanigans, so this series housemates will get to take the edge off the brisk winter nights with a dip in the garden's hot tub. E4's hijacking of Big Brother wouldn't be complete without one further adjustment to the house. The colour of the Diary Room chair? Purple, naturally.

Spencer
Ylläpitäjä

Viesti Kirjoittaja Spencer » 22 Joulu 2007 19:53

INTERVIEW WITH DERMOT O'LEARY

This January Big Brother will be a very different affair - and not just because it will be Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack. It will also be a Davina-less affair (fear not, she'll return in the summer). Instead, Dermot O'Leary will present the eviction shows, as well as his own baby, Big Brother's Little Brother. But it's not all good news for fans of the presenter with the boy-next-door good looks and the cheeky-chappie demeanour. Because - brace yourselves - this series will also mark Dermot's Big Brother swansong. After seven years at the helm of his beloved BBLB, it's time to move on to pastures new, and possibly less full of ridiculous polystyrene outfits?

Here, the irrepressible and irreverent Irishman reveals why he's leaving, looks back on his favourite BB moments and housemates, and fails to convince anyone that he won't cry on his last show.

I can't believe I've got to ask you this, Dermot. Why are you leaving Big Brother?
Bloody hell! Thanks a lot for starting with a nice easy one! I'm leaving because last summer, it was absolutely brutal, to be honest. I loved working on both The X Factor and Big Brother's Little Brother, but I had literally three days off in the whole summer. And I think both the shows suffered a little bit as a result. And I'm not going to do Big Brother for ever, so I thought it was time to make that choice now. I thought that I could have my cake and eat it, and really I couldn't.

You've alluded to the fact that the show will be a little different this time around. What's the concept of Celebrity Hijack?
There's two fundamental differences to this show. Firstly the celebrities will actually be Big Brother, which is really good fun. And secondly, rather than doing auditions, we went out and deliberately cast people to be in the house. Very gifted people, so young scientists, young athletes, young acrobats, young Mensa members or whatever. And hopefully it'll lead to a really fun experience.

How long will each celebrity's stint as Big Brother last?
That's up to them, really, but I don't think it'll be longer than a day or two.

Who are the celebs involved?
I can honestly tell you I haven't got a clue. Nobody ever tells me, because I'm hopeless at keeping secrets.

Would you like an opportunity to do it? To actually become Big Brother?
[Shouting] Oh my God! I didn't even think about that! That would be an amazing idea, I'd love that.

They should let you do that at the end of the series, as a farewell treat.?That would be absolutely brilliant! The only problem is, wouldn't you be too nice?
Oh, I don't know about that...

Is there a dark side lurking there...?
I reckon there'd be a dark side once I got into the chair and was talking to the Diary Room, I tell you that much.

And will BBLB still be going on during the series?
Oh yeah, yeah, we're still doing BBLB. I wouldn't have done it if that wasn't going to be part of it. It's a lovely way to sign off, really.

Can we expect the usual plethora of absurd outfits?
Yep! Without a shadow of a doubt. In fact, this is my last series, so the more absurd the better.

What have been your favourite outfits over the years?
It's not exactly an outfit, but I love all the green screen stuff we do, where we superimpose my mouth on the housemates... faces. And this year I loved the George Galloway leotard, and I liked wearing the Kylie outfit this year. And I liked the time travel machine and I liked my kangaroo outfit this year as well.

Are you ever tempted to take any of them home as a special treat for your girlfriend?
[Laughs] No. I think there's a reason we've been going out for five years. I don't think she'd have stuck around for that!?

On BBLB, who have been your best celebrity guests?
My favourite's probably Mathew Horne, who I loved and struck up a friendship with off the back of it. He ended up presenting Big Mouth as well, with James Corden, his co-star in Gavin and Stacey. They were brilliant, and are doing Big Mouth again this series. That'll be lovely to see both of them. Kathy Burke coming on the show was fantastic, and a dream come true. Ditto Bob Mortimer.

And the worst guest ever would surely have to be...?
[Interrupting] Alicia Duvall? Exactly!? She was amazing. It was actually one of my all-time favourite episodes. She was just so unspeakably bad.

Have you had any really awful moments or tough interviews?
Dennis Rodman was an idiot when he came on. He was swearing, and he'd been in a lap dancing club all night. He was a really big disappointment for me, because I'd really been looking forward to interviewing him. He's the only major disappointment we've had. And obviously Jade was one of the toughest interviews I've had to do, but I was glad I did it.

What has Big Brother meant to you, over the years?
It hasn't really sunk in yet that I'm leaving. It probably won't do until it's on in the summer, and I'm not involved with it. It's been my whole life for the last seven years. I haven't had a summer for seven years! With that, and Celebrity Big Brother, and the preparation time, you end up spending five or six months involved in it every year. It's been the defining show of my career, I suppose. You can't help but be so proud of a show that you presented from day one, that started out in a little broom cupboard and grew to be a daily show on Channel 4, and has a cult following that has stayed with it. I'm very, very proud of it, and I'll miss it a great deal. And also it's a show that allowed me to grow up on telly as well. It's given me all this amazing experience. Four months of the year, presenting a live show six-days-a-week, you're never going to get an apprenticeship like that again. I've no doubt that I wouldn't be as comfortable doing X Factor if I hadn't been having all the experience of Big Brother.

What have you got planned for your final night?
I've not even thought about it yet. I'm on X Factor duty at the moment. What I want to do is throw a party for everyone that's worked on Little Brother over the years. I'd love to host that, I think it would be great fun.

Do you think we'll see you cry on air on the last programme? I'm betting 'yes'...?
I really, really hope not. I think I'll be all right as long as some idiot doesn't do a "Best of..." moments. Then I'll be blubbing before I know it.?

Spencer
Ylläpitäjä

Viesti Kirjoittaja Spencer » 31 Joulu 2007 09:40

Digital Spy kirjoitti: 'Celeb Hijack' team make last-minute changes

Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack producers have made last-minute changes to the show's format, according to a report.

Fans had expected the E4 series to follow young and "gifted" housemates who are set challenges by celebrity guests - including Jimmy Carr and Matt Lucas - working for Big Brother.

However, following a disappointing guinea pig week, producers have now decided to increase the role of the celebrities. They will now be expected to take part in tasks themselves, and may even be put up for eviction by Big Brother.

"Things haven't gone as well as we thought during the guinea pig week and it was looking like it was going to get a bit dull," a show source told the Daily Star Sunday.

"Now things have been changed around a bit and the new plans make it appear that the show will still be called Celebrity Hijack but will increasingly become more like a normal celeb version of Big Brother as it goes along. There's more changes in the pipeline and there's going to be some shocks this week."

The show kicks off on January 3.

Punde
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja Punde » 02 Tammi 2008 16:32

Big Brother Around the World oli ihan ok, vaikkei tietenkää 45 minuutissa paljoa ehdi näyttää. Pari väläystä suomen uusimmastaki, mut ei mitää kummosta muuten. Nii ja se hollannin bb-talossa tapahtunu synnytys näytettii pikaisesti...

Punde
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja Punde » 03 Tammi 2008 21:22

Kohta se alkaa, woohoo.. Tai no, enpä oo järin innoissani, mut dermotin vika "bb-keikka" ja näissä brittien launcheissa on aina ison shown fiilistä vaikkei "aito" bb olekaan (toisin ku eräässä S-kirjaimella alkavassa pohjoismaassa)

Spencer
Ylläpitäjä

Viesti Kirjoittaja Spencer » 03 Tammi 2008 21:38

SPOILER ALERT!

Digital Spy kirjoitti: 'Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack' housemates revealed

The twelve "young and gifted" Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack contestants have been revealed.

The group - due to enter the house tonight at 9pm, live on E4 - comprises seven boys and five girls, all aged 18-21. There is a brother and sister who work together as circus performers, as well as a boxer, a beauty queen, an entrepreneur, a racing driver and a politician.

The series, which runs for just over three weeks, features celebrities taking over the role of Big Brother, from answering diary room calls to setting the housemates tasks. Little Britain's Matt Lucas will take the reins on launch night, with future hijackers to include Joan Rivers, Brian Sewell and Jimmy Carr.

Kuva
The Boys (l-r): Nathan 21; Victor, 19; Jay, 19; Anthony, 19; Jeremy, 19; John, 20; Liam, 19

Kuva
The Girls (l-r): Amy, 21; Calista, 19; Emilia, 18; Latoya, 19; Jade, 21
Big Brother Celebrity Hijack: Meet The Housemates

Jaake
Kunniajäsen

Viesti Kirjoittaja Jaake » 04 Tammi 2008 02:33

Matt Lucas
Jimmy Carr
Eiköhän tässä ole jo syytä katsoa tämä. Ai niin, ja seuraava hauska sattuma hieman hymyilytti:
Victor, 19; Jay, 19

jaiba
Isoveli

Viesti Kirjoittaja jaiba » 04 Tammi 2008 19:59

Ihan hyvältä showlta tuo vaikuttaa, ainakin ensimmäisen päivän perusteella.
Matt Lucas pisti heti ensi metreillä Johnin tiukkaan tehtävään, josta riitti kyllä viihdettä koko launchin ajaksi.

Pakkohan tuota on seurailla eteenpäinkin... 8)

Punde
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja Punde » 04 Tammi 2008 21:24

Täytyy kyllä sanoa että ennakko-odotukset ylittyi aika reippaasti. Hyvä aloitus, ja todellakin jotain uutta.

Saa nähä miten jatkuu, myötähäpeää ehkä hivenen liikaa tossa launchissa, mut katsotaan..

calderyon
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja calderyon » 04 Tammi 2008 22:22

Mitä kautta te näette tämän?

BB viewerin avullako?

Spencer
Ylläpitäjä

Viesti Kirjoittaja Spencer » 05 Tammi 2008 01:03

jaiba kirjoitti:Matt Lucas pisti heti ensi metreillä Johnin tiukkaan tehtävään, josta riitti kyllä viihdettä koko launchin ajaksi.
Jep, sai nauraa välillä ihan vedet silmissä.. :lol: Lucas on hoitanut hommansa mainiosti! :tu Seuraavaksi onkin sitten vuorossa Ian Wright.

Latoua voittoon! :)

Brand
Guru

Viesti Kirjoittaja Brand » 05 Tammi 2008 11:16

calderyon kirjoitti:Mitä kautta te näette tämän?

BB viewerin avullako?
Tuossa yksi paikka. Sitten on tietysti erilaiset binaari-uutisryhmät, torrentit, youtube jne.

http://www.tvcatchup.com/episodes/&sear ... %20Brother

calderyon
Jumalan ruoska

Viesti Kirjoittaja calderyon » 05 Tammi 2008 12:07

Kiitos :wink:

Spencer
Ylläpitäjä

Viesti Kirjoittaja Spencer » 05 Tammi 2008 15:09

Betfair kirjoitti: Big Brother Celebrity Hijack - Voittaja

Nathan 4.9
John 5.3
Anthony 6.8
Emilia 8.8
Jeremy 13
Latoya 17
Jade 19
Amy 21
Victor 27
Calista 34
Liam 34
Jay 50

Jaake
Kunniajäsen

Viesti Kirjoittaja Jaake » 05 Tammi 2008 16:02

Aloitusjakso nyt katsottu, ja positiivinen yllätys ainakin toistaiseksi. Myötähäpeää sai kyllä tuntea hieman liikaa ensimmäisen tehtävän aikana, mutta eihän ne kaikki tule tämmöisiä olemaan muutenkaan, ja olihan tuo tehtävä todella hauska muuten.

Vastaa Viestiin

Palaa sivulle “Big Brother UK”