Housemate swap between BB Finland 7 and BB Norway 4

Discussion in English about the housemate swap between Big Brother Finland and Big Brother Norway. Here is quick guide to the BBPlaza forums. Welcome to all our Norwegian friends!
twittgoo
Nimetty

Re: Housemate swap between BB Finland 7 and BB Norway 4

Viesti Kirjoittaja twittgoo » 21 Loka 2011 18:42

Is there a way to watch the bb extra live if u got subscription to bb finland

KariTa
Big Brother

Viesti Kirjoittaja KariTa » 21 Loka 2011 18:49

sa88 kirjoitti:
Every time when I try to connect to that link, my web browser seems to be frozen. Does anyone took a same kind of problem ? (browser firefox 7.0.1)
Yes. The site works fine for a while, but sometimes when I try to refresh it, it freezes and I have to restart my browser.

KariTa
Big Brother

Viesti Kirjoittaja KariTa » 21 Loka 2011 18:52

twittgoo kirjoitti:Is there a way to watch the bb extra live if u got subscription to bb finland
You can't watch it live, it's only on tv here in Finland, but you can watch the replay immediately after the program has ended.

Rambokala
Kolhoosin johtaja

Viesti Kirjoittaja Rambokala » 21 Loka 2011 18:53

KariTa kirjoitti:
twittgoo kirjoitti:Is there a way to watch the bb extra live if u got subscription to bb finland
You can't watch it live, it's only on tv here in Finland, but you can watch the replay immediately after the program has ended.
Well, not really immediately. It can take hours.

jipaksi
Tehtäväryhmän vetäjä

Viesti Kirjoittaja jipaksi » 21 Loka 2011 18:53

I'm not sure if it's even live broadcast available, but Katsomo (MTV3's web television) shows all the daily shows and extras even for free. Try soon if extra is there. After the show's it's there at least.

http://www.katsomo.fi/?treeId=33011018008

mirian
Pääohjaaja

Viesti Kirjoittaja mirian » 21 Loka 2011 18:54

Hello and welcome to BB Plaza! [smilie=a_okbyenow.gif]

Here follows some information about our housemates. Sorry for my simple English and I hope that I managed to conceal at least a bit of my own opinions about some of the housemates…

Janica is the housemate who’s participating in the swap. Janica works as a book keeper and as a strip tease dancer. She has two children. She’s very fun loving and has been excellent in all the weekly tasks. She doesn’t complain about hard ships and likes to get challenged in the house. She hasn’t had sexual intercourse in the house but she has been fooling around a bit with several men. She’s been criticized about taking some of the weekly tasks too seriously and coming out as mean and even emotionless by some of the housemates. She has a very problematic relationship to Annika in the house. Her best friend in the house is Sebastian. Other good friends include Tanja and Suvi. She is Miss Jekyll and Hyde in the same package. “Jade”, a teaser and little bit evil spirited exotic dancer comes out whenever Janica is drunk. Sober Janica in other hand is quite calm and enjoys discussions in small groups.

Annika is a student and d former gymnastic and has developed a romantic relationship with Mikael. She’s very lively person in the house. Annika is the housemate that seems to divide people’s opinions the most this year, probably because she is the kind of person who shows her emotions very strongly. When she’s happy, she’s laughing all the time and goofing around. When she is depressed, she is crying and yelling and complaining about everything. She doesn’t come along well with Janica, because Janica choose Mikael, her romantic interest, to spend a night with her during one of the early weekly tasks. Annika has admitted that she can be very jealous and is now trying to cope with the situation with Janica around.

Mikael is the winner of the vote for a direct access to the final week, and is the love interest of Annika. He seems to be quite social and avoids arguments in the house. Doesn’t really seem to have any big opinions about anything… He’s quite cheerful all the time and doesn’t seem to have bad days in the house, or at least he doesn’t show it. Mikael has described himself as “the black sheep” of a very religious and highly educated family. He is been criticized about being boring by some viewers as he mainly just follows Annika around nowadays.

Sebastian is Janica’s best friend in the house. He studies to become a teacher, is very religious and annoys some viewers with his religious talks. He is saving himself for the marriage and is still a virgin. Sebastian is also very goofy and funny guy, who likes to introduce other housemates to different games, plays etc. Sebastian is very talkative and seems to be genuinely very interested in different kinds of people. He asks often very direct questions and likes to analyze the life and people’s relationships in the house. Most of the people in the house seem to be quite fond of him. Some might think though that he is too “teacher like” and nosy.

Suvi is a hair dresser and a mother of four children. She is divorced and has been living basically like a teenager after getting divorced. She enjoys talking about sex, men, pussy, penises, sexual diseases etc. and tends to reveal too much information about her private life. She is though quite sympathetic in her own way. She is unselfish what it comes to benefit for the group, but quite selfish what it comes to group discussions. Somehow she always manages to turn the subject to herself. She talks sometimes too directly, but then again you don’t ever have to guess what she is thinking about other housemates, because she says everything out loud, even in the presence of these particular housemates.

Terhi is also a single mom. She has one child. She looks quite extreme (several piercings, a lizard tongue, likes to hang in meat hooks etc.) but hasn’t actually been as fierce as people thought she might be. She has been involved in some major fights during the season though. She is very addicted to nicotine and if she doesn’t get to smoke she has major tantrums. A good friend to Annika.

Tanja is a single mother of a little boy, works at the McDonalds and studies in a polytechnic school. Tanja can be the black horse of this season. Many viewers were very annoyed by her at the beginning of the season as she can be quite a complainer and loud about her frustrations but she has slowly got more and more supporters. She speaks VERY rapidly and it is sometimes hard to follow her bouncy way of thinking but she is actually quite funny in a very self ironic and sarcastic way. She felt disliked in the house at the beginning, but now she seems to get along quite well with everyone.

Stefan is “the daddy” and the loud giant of the house. Stefan fell in love with this pretty little girl called Amanda, who has already been evicted from the house. He still likes to yell her name every once and awhile though. Amaaaaaaaaaaa!

Ben is the golden boy of the house. Very well liked in the house, but very much disliked by the viewers, at least by 24/7 viewers as he is one of the biggest liars and players of this season. He is quite slimy, full of himself and seems to think that he can’t do anything wrong. (Please feel free to add something nice about Ben, anyone?)

Veera was chosen to the house by Ben after he got to spend quality time with four different girls in Ben’s harem. During Ben’s harem week all the other housemates were performing an outdoor weekly task. Veera was one of these four lucky ladies. After she got in to the house, she quickly formed a relationship to Salar, who was one of the most visible and controversial characters in this season. After Salar was evicted (last Sunday), Veera has been very invisible in the house. Basically you hardly notice her on her own without Salar.

Matti is one of the newest housemates. He’s been in the house only a week. He dislikes Annika a lot and gets annoyed easily if he doesn’t get food or sleep. Rami is also a new housemate and has spent only a week in the house. He seems to be quite laid back and gets along easily with everyone.

jipaksi
Tehtäväryhmän vetäjä

Viesti Kirjoittaja jipaksi » 21 Loka 2011 19:15

Siv Anita was just in interview in Finnish BB Extra show, and she's soon ready to step in the house. Housemates don't know yet that the guest is coming already tonight.

Zygerö
Tohtori

Viesti Kirjoittaja Zygerö » 21 Loka 2011 22:55

mirian kirjoitti:(Please feel free to add something nice about Ben, anyone?)
Ben certainly has a way with people, as he comes along with everyone (or almost everyone) in the house, although he's quick to backstab anyone. Nevertheless Ben is probably a decent guy outside the house. He's heart is in the right place, but the house and the fact that scheming and discussing about nominations is allowed, brings out the bad side of Ben. He has gone to the house to win, and in his own mind, the best way to do that is to only think about yourself. All in all Ben usually lurks in the backgound and is not a central character in the house. He will probably get far, because he has developed a good relationship with several of the other housmates. There's no chance he's gonna win, though.

Don't know how positive that portrayal was, but I just wanted to add some things.
"You mustn't fight the elephant. You mustn't fight anybody. War is a very silly way to behave you know." -Dr. Snuggles

BrutalGentleman
Isoveli

Viesti Kirjoittaja BrutalGentleman » 22 Loka 2011 07:29

As someone who doesn't know Norwegian, it would be interesting to know what the first impressions of the Norwegian housemates were of Janica when they discussed on the couches when she was not present.

Especially a brief summary of the comments made during and after Janica's and Roberto's intimate encounter between the sheets would be nice. What did the Norwegian housemates whisper and comment in the bedroom? What kind of comments did they make about Janica and Roberto later on on the couches?

twittgoo
Nimetty

Viesti Kirjoittaja twittgoo » 22 Loka 2011 07:55

BrutalGentleman kirjoitti:As someone who doesn't know Norwegian, it would be interesting to know what the first impressions of the Norwegian housemates were of Janica when they discussed on the couches when she was not present.

Especially a brief summary of the comments made during and after Janica's and Roberto's intimate encounter between the sheets would be nice. What did the Norwegian housemates whisper and comment in the bedroom? What kind of comments did they make about Janica and Roberto later on on the couches?
Well I can try to explain what they said.

Basically when Janica first came inside all were shocked because they were expecting Siv-Anita (they didn't have a single clue about a housemate-swap). Especially Andreas P. was a bit skeptical about her at the start because he thought she would replace Siv-Anita.

When they realized Siv-Anita was in Finland, and that Janica was going to stay there for a while, all were happy about it perhaps except Caroline. The reason for that is that her english is very poor (that is why she doesn't talk too much to Janica) + Caroline has a very strong bond with Roberto (friendship only) - and when she saw Janica&Roberto having some chemistry, she probably felt a bit offended (she often gets jealous). Most norwegian BB viewers have gotten very negative to Caroline recently.

The reason why the evening started out so slow was because all of them were pretty tired from the previous night (party), but when the music started they all got into the mood.

When Roberto&Janica started doing stuff in the bed most of them were just shocked. None of them were negative to either of them doing it, and actually the previous night when Joakim&Silje was in bed they did the excact same thing (hide/watch/make jokes). Even Robert made fun of Joakim&Silje last night. But basically most of the guys&girls were actually cheering them on when they got to the livingroom. And a lot of the talk going on after that was actually not about them, but just random stuff.

Before they all went to bed tho all of the remaining people in the livingroom were very impressed with Janica. They said she was very beautiful, and they couldn't believe how fit she was after having two kids and being 30. Many of the girls started saying that they hoped they were as good looking when they turn 30. Andreas P. also said that he thought Janica seemed very down to earth, and in control of herself, so he was very impressed overall. The others nodded and agreed that she would fit nicely in the group. I hope that answers your question.

Btw, I also have a question. What did the girls (and boys) say/think about Siv-Anita after it was revealed that the girls would not take part in the party outside?

melissa
Risteilyisäntä/-emäntä

Viesti Kirjoittaja melissa » 22 Loka 2011 11:59

One question to our Norwegian friends: What did Roberto say to his fellow housemates when Janica went to the toilet in the morning? If I understood correctly, no sex but rubbing? He seems he just wanted to brag about it.

twittgoo
Nimetty

Viesti Kirjoittaja twittgoo » 22 Loka 2011 12:35

He just said that he wasn't sure if she was keen. But she started rubbing her feet with his feet under the blanket. So therefor he took it as a sign and put his arm around her and things developed from there. She then said it was nice to have a mans arms around her, since it haf been over 8 weeks since the last time.

The other housemates asked if they went "all in" - but roberto says he does not want to share too many details. Basically when he is laughing it is on his own expense, not hers, because he feels like he was a bit amateurish with his approach. Don't worry. Roberto is a very nice guy, and is never mean to anyone. He is a genuinly nice person. However when he drinks he gets a bit dramaqueen.

Hope that answers your questions.

jipaksi
Tehtäväryhmän vetäjä

Viesti Kirjoittaja jipaksi » 22 Loka 2011 13:00

twittgoo kirjoitti:Btw, I also have a question. What did the girls (and boys) say/think about Siv-Anita after it was revealed that the girls would not take part in the party outside?
Mostly the girls reaction was just disappointment, that they couldn't participate and learn to know Siv Anita. Especially Terhi didn't even think so much of SA, as she had birthday and couldn't celebrate that. I didn't listen so much the other discussion there, but didn't hear much nevative comments about SA.

Annika told Mikael (her "bb-boyfriend") strictly, that he isn't allowed to touch SA much, in a joking manner, but there's earlier backround for her to feel over-jealous. But I think Annika would have liked to enjoy time with SA too, as Annika speaks best English from the girls.

From the boys side, Sebastian and Matti were discussing in the sauna, that they want to discuss lot tomorrow with Siv Anita. Both 2 boys are pretty good in english, and they are interested in quite "clever" discussion. They just let the other boys enjoy the party time with SA that night, without disturbing it with too much any deeper discussions.

BrutalGentleman
Isoveli

Viesti Kirjoittaja BrutalGentleman » 22 Loka 2011 16:34

twittgoo kirjoitti:Well I can try to explain what they said.
Thanks. I can get a random expression or a phrase here and there (based on my Swedish skills) and some things are quite obvious from body language, tone of voice and such, but understanding fast conversations conducted in Norwegian is out of my league. ;)
twittgoo kirjoitti:The reason why the evening started out so slow was because all of them were pretty tired from the previous night (party), but when the music started they all got into the mood.
Yeah, they discussed that in English as well. And Joakim was still quite drunk. :D
twittgoo kirjoitti:But basically most of the guys&girls were actually cheering them on when they got to the livingroom. And a lot of the talk going on after that was actually not about them, but just random stuff.
I think during that discussion Tia Maria was retelling the others what Janica had told her about the "Heaven and Hell" weekly task in the BBF house?

This far I quite like Silje (she's cute and has been talking with Janica a lot: showing her around the place, explaining various things.) Tia Maria keenly browsing the Norwegian-Finnish-Norwegian dictionary and trying to get a grasp of her father's language - which she apparently never got a chance to learn as a child? - is kind of cute as well. Tine is very cool and she seems to speak the most fluent English of them all. David is a pretty funny gus. Seems to be quite fond of his penis. Then again, that doesn't differ much from some of the guys in the BBF house.
twittgoo kirjoitti:Btw, I also have a question. What did the girls (and boys) say/think about Siv-Anita after it was revealed that the girls would not take part in the party outside?
They were cool with Siv-Anita getting a party with the guys. They were just a bit annoyed that they couldn't take part in themselves it and discuss with her. And Terhi of course was feeling a bit down and crying because it was her birthday and she had expected to get a nice party of some sort.

This season has seen many tasks based on dividing the housemates into smaller groups and artificially creating inequality between them.The Finnish housemates are probably quite used to such situations already and can take that without getting too upset about it. (The girls of course get that it's Big Brother figuratively flipping them the bird, on purpose, when they weren't allowed to use any makeup and were required to wear the unappealing lunch lady apparel.)

But I didn't follow all the discussions the BBF girls had as the Katsomo 24/7 service was acting up yesterday (there was a surge of new subscribers when the exchange started which overwhelmed their servers, I guess) and the girls were mostly shown in the "Director's Cut 2" feed. I didn't have time to follow everything going on in both feeds as I was also trying to follow the Norwegian DC feed.

It's great the Norwegian 24/7 viewers got free access to the Finnish DC1 feed, although I think they should have given you access to DC2 too. When the BBF housemates have scattered in different parts of the house, DC1 follows one group and DC2 the other. The 24/7 viewers can then choose which group of housemates they follow by switching between DC1 and DC2 themselves. But you don't have that choice as you only see the Finnish DC1 feed in the Norwegian 24/7 service. For example, last night you didn't see Siv in the shower and going to bed as it was only shown in the DC2 feed (if I recall).

Of course, since DC1 is also the feed the Finnish cable TV viewers see - there's no DC2 or the other four feeds (bedroom, yard, living room, camera mix) on cable - the director tries to show all important events in DC1 and alternates between the groups of housemates DC1 and DC2 follow every once in a while. So if you only get a single feed, DC1 is the best choice and what you would probably want to watch. But sometimes there are nice discussions or important events going on in DC2 while DC1 is showing something dull and uninteresting.

(If you subscribe to the Finnish feeds directly, you will of course get access to all the six "normal" feeds... plus the extra Norwegian DC feed for this week. BBViewer has also been upgraded to support the Norwegian DC feed as it appears in the Finnish 24/7 service.)

melissa
Risteilyisäntä/-emäntä

Viesti Kirjoittaja melissa » 22 Loka 2011 18:13

Thanks for your answer, twittgoo. By the way, how come Andreas P is so quiet around Janica? I know he has a problem with his legs, but does he also have a problem with Janica being in the house? Is he missing Siv-Anita? He seems to be the only one who doesn't participate in discussions or games or even approach Janica at all.

Tine is so sweet, I like her a lot! :tu

mirian
Pääohjaaja

Viesti Kirjoittaja mirian » 22 Loka 2011 18:36

I like also Tine! She seems so down to earth and nice! :in love:
And it was a good choice from Janica choosing that Roberrrto guy for her "hugging buddy" also!

By the way, I was wondering if Siv Anita is really that quiet in BBN also or is it that she doesn't feel comfortable with her new housemates? She doesn't seem to be so excited about anything... I don't think she is having so much fun over here. I wish that Big Brother would let the housemates play games again. That could cheer them up!

But your housemates have certainly all been great with Janica. She seems to get along witheverybody. Well Andreas and Caro are a bit quiet, but still a very nice feeling in the house...

Tirkka
Isoveli

Viesti Kirjoittaja Tirkka » 22 Loka 2011 19:23

I really like Silje and Tiia Maria, they both are cute and seem to be real sweethearts! [smilie=vibes.gif] Lena is very sexy, even though her boobs are a little too big maybe.

Guys seem to be quite nice too, even though the mega gay guy annoys me a little, maybe he's a bit too much for me, lol. Nice guy but he should try to be a little bit less "in your face" maybe?

And the 24/7 feed seems to be just as bad in quality as the swedish one was (yeah, i paid for it) and the house looks exactly the same! [smilie=a_chuckle.gif]
Totuus on tuolla ulkona.

BrutalGentleman
Isoveli

Viesti Kirjoittaja BrutalGentleman » 22 Loka 2011 19:49

mirian kirjoitti:By the way, I was wondering if Siv Anita is really that quiet in BBN also or is it that she doesn't feel comfortable with her new housemates? She doesn't seem to be so excited about anything...
Back in BBN David said to Janica he thinks Siv Anita is kind of quiet. But I think Siv Anita has actually had some good conversations with the BBF housemates and she was also a brave little trooper in the sauna last night when the BBF guys started their macho alpha male competition routine and poured stupid amounts of water on the hot rocks. (Rami actually burnt the skin on his legs and got blisters on them when Ben tossed water on the heater from the other side of the room. The puff of hot moist steam was directed towards him.)

I guess Siv Anita just needs to be grabbed along as she doesn't always seem to actively seek company unless the other housemates make sure she's included. Then again, making sure she is included in conversations is kind of what the Finnish viewers would except from our housemates, anyway, as a sign of hospitality. So if they don't remember to do that at all times, the blame is more on them as lousy hosts, than Siv Anita as a guest.

That said, I haven't seen any greater problems, they're interacting pretty nicely in my opinion. The Finnish housemates even decided they're not going to understand what Veera says when she talks in Finnish (to tease her and to make her change her behavior, as she's been shy to use her English in front of the exchange housemate even though she says she understands everything the others are talking about.)

There's also the point it's been a standard dull Saturday in the BBF house so there hasn't been too much to do or get excited about. Hopefully that will change when the weekly task begins on Monday.

twittgoo
Nimetty

Viesti Kirjoittaja twittgoo » 23 Loka 2011 03:09

Why are they fighting?

Sky
Juontaja

Viesti Kirjoittaja Sky » 23 Loka 2011 03:13

twittgoo kirjoitti:Why are they fighting?
They were fighting because Terhi refused to go to sleep before she could hear a certain song. Siv Anita, Mikael and Sebastian could not go to sleep before everyone else had gone to bed because they were supposed to serve the others. Mikael got frustrated and basically told Terhi that she is being a selfish idiot, and that BB is not going to play her song. Finally Terhi agreed to go to bed.

BrutalGentleman
Isoveli

Viesti Kirjoittaja BrutalGentleman » 23 Loka 2011 06:08

^ Some background to this in this post.

BrutalGentleman
Isoveli

Viesti Kirjoittaja BrutalGentleman » 23 Loka 2011 19:55

Even though some of you are watching the live 24/7 feeds - and possibly the dailies and the available video clips on the official website - with no knowledge of Finnish, you might pick up something when the housemates are discussing in Finnish: for example, them mentioning each others' names in a discussion. Here's a quick list of common nicknames the housemates may occasionally use when referring to each other:

Amanda (evicted housemate) = Ama, Pikku Myy ("Little My", a character in the Moomin stories; a little mischievous girl who is very small compared to the other characters, just like Amanda is tiny when compared to the other housemates, especially Stefan.) Amanda was evicted a couple of weeks ago. She was sleeping with Ben and Stefan has had a hopeless crush on her.
Annika = Anneli, Ansku
Ben = Benkku
Janica = Jade (Janica's stage name as a stripper / pole dancer), Prinsessa ("Princess"), Barbie
Mikael = Miksu, Korso (Korso is a district of the city of Vantaa, where Mikael is from)
Oskar (evicted housemate) = Porno, Jeppe (Oskar's stage name as a porn actor)
Salar (evicted housemate) = Salarakas, Salami, Omar, Jafar, poika ("the boy")
Stefan = Eki, Isä ("Father" in Finnish), Faija (Helsinki slang for "Daddy"), Papa, Daddy - the housemates mostly call him by any other name than Stefan
Sebastian = Tyne, Sebu, Seba, Pastori ("Priest", "Minister"), Bastian
Suvi = Äiti ("Mother" in Finnish), Mutsi (Helsinki slang for "Mom"), Mama
Tanja = Ganja
Terhi = Tepa, Terppa

All vowels in these names are short and pronounced a bit differently than an English speaker would assume from the spelling. See here for a pronunciation guide (the table in the middle of the page.) Note that the Finnish letter "J" is pronounced the same as the letter "Y" in the word "yellow"... so "Tanja", for example, is closer to "Tahnyah" in English spelling.

Commonly heard affirmative (positive) responses in Finnish (such as "yes", "yeah"): "kyllä", "joo", "juu", "niin", "on", "o", "olen", "jep", "aivan"
Commonly heard non-affirmative (negative) responses or pleas in Finnish (such as "no", "don't"): "ei", "älä", "älkää"

Vastaa Viestiin

Palaa sivulle “Housemate swap”